Infinite XP Glitch [Evil Playthrough][Spoilers][Works In Latest Patch]

This is a discussion on Infinite XP Glitch [Evil Playthrough][Spoilers][Works In Latest Patch] within the Infamous 2 forum, part of the I; I found that in the storm the fort mission if you choose nix in that power swapping machine you get ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Infinite XP Glitch [Evil Playthrough][Spoilers][Works In Latest Patch]

I found that in the storm the fort mission if you choose nix in that power swapping machine you get 100xp... you get greeted by zeke. 100XP will display on the left... just jump into the sea and repeat!
    Last edited by Adzster5310; 07-18-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I can confirm it also works on the Good Playthrough. I tried it out last night.

Good Playthrough - Select Kuo

Evil Playthrough - Select Nix

She Got Me Up All Night

No offense but this game is a cake walk to gain XP why use a glitch
    PPS bar by Smashguy

Sig & Avy by Dare

Made by Pancake Model

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    No offense but this game is a cake walk to gain XP why use a glitch
    ^ This

That is a nice glitch for people to use (I guess) but that seems like a lot of work and time for something that will come pretty naturally just by playing the game.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    ^ This

That is a nice glitch for people to use (I guess) but that seems like a lot of work and time for something that will come pretty naturally just by playing the game.
    Not if you are playing on Hard. I had to grind about 9000 in an Evil mission while on my Good Hard playthrough. I think I had about 1000 or so left over once I had done everything.

Unless I did something wrong

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Eh, everyone I've spoken to that has played it has told me they have ended up grinding XP to finish unlocking the remaining powers. So far playing myself I've gotten most powers unlocked, but with what I've been hearing about XP grinding I decided to play it safe.

It only took me about 10 minutes to obtain an extra 5,000 XP using this method, so not much time wasted compared to alot of the other methods my friends have told me they used.

Ice Cream Firefighter

please don't take this the wrong way but if you have to exploit a glitch to get further in the game your doing something wrong I found the game easy as to complete I done evil mode on easy & good mode on hard as to me its easier when you have people throwing rocks at your enemies instead of you

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions
    On holidays and will resume on February 1st 2014

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    please don't take this the wrong way but if you have to exploit a glitch to get further in the game your doing something wrong I found the game easy as to complete I done evil mode on easy & good mode on hard as to me its easier when you have people throwing rocks at your enemies instead of you
    But the thing is, if you play on Hard there is no way to get enough XP for the powers without grinding. I switched my difficulty to easy once I beat the game and still fell short. I didn't use this glitch (I just kept killing civilians in an evil side mission, while I was good ). While technically I didn't glitch, the grinding was necessary for me.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    But the thing is, if you play on Hard there is no way to get enough XP for the powers without grinding. I switched my difficulty to easy once I beat the game and still fell short. I didn't use this glitch (I just kept killing civilians in an evil side mission, while I was good ). While technically I didn't glitch, the grinding was necessary for me.
    I liked to screw around powered down areas for hours at a time to prove my dominance over all things if I ran low on electricity I charged a bin, fence or a dead body to recharge my powers taking down choppers helps alot as well

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions
    On holidays and will resume on February 1st 2014

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I wouldn't call this a glitch though, its more like a cheat or 'Insurance' to get extra XP to make sure you are able to have enough to obtain all powers needed before the end of the game.

Based on the feedback I'm seeing and what others have told me, some people achieve enough XP in their playthrough, some don't and have to find a way to get enough XP after completing the game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The quickest way to gain xp is to play the UGC missions. One of these missions I got over 1000 xp in less than five minutes.