View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

11 11.70%
  • 2 - Easy

70 74.47%
  • 3 - Moderate

12 12.77%
  • 4 - Hard

1 1.06%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Infamous 2 forum, part of the I; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Nope, nothing

I vote this Easy
    Very cool game, it has moments that can be a little difficult.
    There are lot's of collectables but they are much easier to locate than on number 1.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

2 - Easy

It's a bit easier than it's predecessor with blast shards not being as much of a problem, especially towards the end. The challenges really aren't that challenging and the side quests didn't offer much in terms of difficulty spikes. The difficulty of hard really isn't that hard. The game is pretty straight forward and takes little effort for the platinum, but due to it taking at least two full playthroughs gets bumped up from being a complete cake walk.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 9 - Gold

I voted 2.

There are no difficult trophies in this game. The collectibles trophy is easy because this time around there is an upgrade that shows you the exact location of a blast shard no matter how far it is. The trophy for beating the game on Hard is not difficult at all. Just be sure to use the rooftops to your favor! The only trophy that's a grind is With Great Power Comes Greater Power. You still might have to grind a few thousand XP and the end of the game. What I recommend is not doing any side missions until you finish the game, that way you can grind XP in areas that are not cleared of enemies.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

PRO Member

I voted moderate just because you have to do almost 2 playthroughs. It's certainly easier than the first one, mainly because the final boss is cake on InFamous 2 compared to Kessler on Hard.

The One and Only

I actually found it pretty easy, so i rated it as a 2.

I've played inFamous 1, so i already had the overall feel of the game not long after first playing it, and the shards were definitely easier after the last power i unlocked from side missions. There were some difficult times, but it wasn't difficult enough for me to get stuck or anything, so overall an awesome, easy .

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Retired TGT Member

2 - Easy. Such a fun and easy game. Really no challenging parts, so long as you know what you're doing. Even easier than inFamous. I'd say if anything it was a bit of a grind to get the shards and do all the missions twice, but it was still fun and easy.

Aperture Test Subject

Easy - Probably the easiest plat I've done. Doesn't say much as I don't have many. But, a fantastic game nonetheless.

1000th Trophy | | Resistance 3 | Counter-Sniper | 10-Sep-2011

PRO Member

I voted easy. As already mentioned. No hard parts. Had all the blast shards before i even unlocked the power. Didn't need no guide for them. Very fun game though and the trophies were a blast to get.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Royal Flush X2

2 easy Nothing is really hard at all. Hard mode is not hard at all. I guess finding all the blast shards could be the toughest trophy but there still easy to find, press L3 and there you go or you could buy an item to find them but it's not needed really.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Easy, even in hard mode.

Team Dingleberry

Easy. Nothing really difficult, and the blast shard radar makes the collectibles a breeze.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Easy - But an awesome game nonetheless. Shards are less time consuming in this one too so it's even quicker than the first inFamous.
    Best Plats: Bad Company 1, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Racquet Sports, Sports Champions, and Wipeout HD
    Best PSN 100%'s: Hustle Kings, Landit Bandit, and Scene It: Movie Night

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Easy plat. To put it in perspective just how easy it is, I beat hard mode on Evil without getting past outlaw rank. Easy peasy.

Renegade Time Lord

I voted easy as it is easier to then inFamous 1 but all the same it is a great game.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

easy but a great game,loved playing both 1&2

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted easy, nothing was that hard in it. Getting all the soul shards was a breeze with that one upgrade.

PRO Member

Easy - Nothing hard in this game at all.

Canadian gamer since the 2600

Lvl 3 - Bronze

it was easy game a bit more than the infamous 1. it's prety nice to play.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think gameplay wise is very easy. (hard difficulty on Evil is a joke XD)
    It is a bit time consuming so the overall rate would be "Easy" but as far as what you do in the game and if you dont mind playing it twice I think is one of the easiest platinums (I do not have it yet, beacause I have to play UGC missions and I've been busy and didnt play ps3 a lot lately)

...Fear is a luxury...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast