Unable to connect to online UGC

This is a discussion on Unable to connect to online UGC within the Infamous 2 forum, part of the I; I bought Infamous 2 secondhand, and have done my 1st playthough as Evil Cole on hard difficulty, got all the ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Unable to connect to online UGC

I bought Infamous 2 secondhand, and have done my 1st playthough as Evil Cole on hard difficulty, got all the blast shards and drops, and completed all missions, still need two upgrades, but I should be able to get all those after the second Good Cole/easy difficulty playthrough from what I understand.

My problem is that when I load up the game it automatically tries to sign it if not already, and connect to the UGC servers, which it never can saying there is a connection error.
    I thought it might be because I had not finished a complete 1st playthrough, but since I have now done that, and tried connecting via the menu options, I still constantly get the error messages.

Does this game need a PS Pass to connect online?, which I imagine would of been already used as it's secondhand.
    I see no mention of it on the box.
    I can not see any PS Pass purchase option at the PStore either.
    Or is it that the Infamous 2 servers have already been shut down for lack of use, as honestly, I can't see many, if any people wanting to play user generated levels apart from to get the needed trophies.

If I can't connect, then I can't get two or three of the trophies, which means no Platinum for me, which is extremely annoying.

Local Drunk

I have the same problem, I don't think it needs an online pass to connect. Maybe the servers have been shut down but I don't know.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It might be a Australian server issue, as I'm based in Sydney as well.
    I'll ask the same question at the Aus/NZ Playstation forum and see if anybody else is suffering the problem, mind you I'm not that hopeful of a reply as that forum is pretty dead for the most part.

Local Drunk

Yeah might be. Hopefully you'll be able to get some answers.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Is your copy secondhand?
    I got a response at the Auz/NZ forum confirming that Infamous 2 does NOT need a PS pass.....not officially maybe, but I'm starting to think that a disc code is sent to the UGC server, and that's tied to the first PS3 that signs in with it, any subsequent one is refused connection.
    The person that replied said they didn't get into the game so it has sat idle.

Just did a quick check to see that I hadn't unwittingly bought a different region copy of it, nope, all should be ok as it's got 4 icon there.
    I found another person in Aus that said they Plat the game 3 days ago, so I might PM them to see if they find any problems getting a online connection, they might have done the online trophies ages ago for all I know.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm the US, and I'm having the same problem. I've got a second-hand copy, and all I get is the pop-up that says it's unable to connect to the UGC server. Getting annoyed. It's one reason I HATE platinum trophies requiring online-based trophies, or trophies dependant on things outside my control. I've been playing NCAA football, and those servers are all shut down, so I can't get that platinum, either.

PRO Member

There is no online pass. I'm from UK and I had the same problem, it took me hours to play UGC Just keep trying, you should be able to play them eventually

Sig by Smashguy