View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

7 50.00%
  • 3 - Moderate

6 42.86%
  • 4 - Hard

0 0%
  • 5 - Very Hard

1 7.14%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Jak 3 forum, part of the J; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Breakfast and Chill

The main story of Jak 3 is much easier than Jak II's and none of the mission specific orbs are miss-able, so that by itself is a 2. Then once again thee challenges set in to create furrowed brows and migraine headaches for some. These challenges bump up the difficulty significantly, but not quite to a 4, so final response: 3 for a moderately difficult .

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    ~
    I have a question about Jak II, are the precursor orbs in the Palace missable? I can't get back in it!

EDIT: Neverind, I forgot there was a door to get back to this part
    Last edited by viralhysteria; 02-13-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Edit
    Retired Trophy Hunter
    Feel free to add me on Steam

RETIRED

To anybody playing this game, here's an easy way to beat the vehicle challenges in the Wasteland

Hang time challenges: Fire Mass Inverter and you should get a time of around 10 seconds for each shot
    Distance challenge: Use Flash Freeze (Light Jak), fire Wave Concussor (2-3 times), then fire your Mass Inverter, you should get an acceptable distance, I got 890.9ft
    Retired Trophy Hunter
    Feel free to add me on Steam

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Jak II is much harder to get the Platinum, if your being legit of course and not using any glitchs.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

probably a three since its easier than jak 2 with not nearly as many difficult missions, lots more orbs to collect though so that might take longer

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I gave Jak II a 4, but I give this game a 3. I think the folks at Naughty Dog were hearing the consensus that (parts of) Jak II are ludicrously challenging, and the effort to make Jak 3 less frustrating is well-noted. Unlike with the last game, I got stuck on fewer levels and was, overall, far less frustrated without feeling like I was being catered to (well, for the most part).

Like with the last two games, most of the trophies are story-related and impossible to miss. The ones you gotta take notice for are the trophies for collecting Metal Head Skulls and Precursor Orbs. With Jak II, it took until I was on the last level, having collected nearly every skull I could in each previous level, before the final, gold, Skull trophy was achieved. In Jak 3, I had it before I was halfway through the story. It's laughable because the Skulls are INFINITELY more abundant and easier to grab, and you only need half the amount Jak II required to get the gold trophy. You'll get the Skull-related trophies no problem.

But just like with Jak II, it's the Precursor Orbs that are gonna take the biggest chunks of your life away. There's 600 in this game (as opposed to Jak II's 286). The good news is, like with the Skulls, they're scattered more about and easier to find. The bad news is you still have to beat every side-challenge and score "Gold" on every record-based challenge. Like with the rest of the game's challenge level, it's mostly toned down (the desert races are still ridiculous, though), but it will still push you to the edge. But, if you don't mind a little bit of cheating and want to save hours of wasted frustration, you can use the same glitch Jak II had with Orb side-challenges to get all the Orbs you need quicker (and it doesn't disqualify the trophy). You can find the glitch on Youtube if you are unfamiliar with it. Now, this glitch can be a bit tougher, because it's clear the creators were trying to prevent people from doing. But if you're really precise with it, it still works. It's up to you.
    Daxter: "You were bottle-fed, weren't you?!"
    Me: "Yeah! Also, what?"

Lvl 4 - Silver

EASY, alot easier than Jak II

Nope, nothing

Voted Moderate.

Straight forward trophies, but there's just so many orbs

Angel of Death

Once I actually get around to playing my collection, I am assuming it will be Moderate, but only because of the collectibles.

Royal Flush X2

3 Moderate or 5/10 Story mode is easier than Jak II and so are most of the races, ring challenges, find the orbs in set amount of time and mini games but 2 of them were tough. The Satellite Game with getting gold and the Wave Concussor gun course were hard. Getting all 600 orbs was a pain as well.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

2 - Easy

I used the orb glitch because 600 just sounded ridiculous revisiting everywhere. Much better and funner game than Jak 2 but still had the same problems that Jak 2 had. Poor controls mostly. However, they did fix the checkpoint system, the missions are far more bearable. I didn't like the final boss. It was a little glitchy and struggled to shoot its legs correctly and get in the right position. Took too many goes to beat. Anyways, considering I did not play the Jak trilogy back in the PS2 days, I can say these were great games for its time. I have forgiven most of the shortcomings of the games. Fairly fun games overall with its humour and ambition.

Lvl 5 - Silver

i vote easy

Legalize it...

Easy and a much better game than Jak 2...