View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

26 50.98%
  • 2 - Easy

21 41.18%
  • 3 - Moderate

3 5.88%
  • 4 - Hard

0 0%
  • 5 - Very Hard

1 1.96%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy forum, part of the J; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

News Team

I've got to say 1: very easy.
    I can say this because having played this for years back on PS2, I know where everything was.
    Experienced players should be able to finish in under 6 hours.
    My time 4 hours and 1 minute (site trophies aren't up yet).

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I, too, have to say 1 for this Platinum. I've never played this game before and so far I've obtained every Power Cell I can get, every Scout Fly I can get, and I'm only missing 3 Precursor orbs on Misty Island, but I can go back for those later. Other than that, every trophy looks to me like it's story related and you can't miss any them unless you're a failure of a gamer.
    I expect to platinum it either tonight or tomorrow night.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retired

I find it too annoying, some power cells are a pain in the ass.

RETIRED

Well, assuming you've played this game in the past, it's actually a breeze. I bought the game as soon as it was available at my local GameStop and started it immediately. Once again, considering you're familiar with this game and the layout, it's a relatively easy platinum, I was able to obtain it without going back to clean up for trophies in 6h 30min, your time may vary if you've never played it, but it's not a difficult game and very fun. Jak II and 3 may be a different story due to their length and totally different gameplay that pulled away from the simple objectives of the first game. But, if you care enough for the platinum then it'll be a breeze. I hope you all enjoy your time with this game, it's a major improvement from the PS2!
    Retired Trophy Hunter
    Feel free to add me on Steam

Lvl 4 - Silver

I'm going to say very easy but I haven't voted yet. I plan to plat it in the next day or so if I have time to game. If not, I'll do it this weekend. I've played the PS2 version many times in the past. I know how to do everything. A couple of jumps I had to re-do a few times just because I was out of practice. Even though I consider it very easy, that doesn't mean I won't play it again and again and again.

Jak 2 & Jak 3 will take a little more effort but I've also played both of them multiple times in the past so I know I can do it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i voted easy, only thing that could possibly give someone trouble is finding all the precursor orbs but that is more time consuming then difficult.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Neoguardian86 View Post
    i voted easy, only thing that could possibly give someone trouble is finding all the precursor orbs but that is more time consuming then difficult.
    I can see that. A few of the orbs can be pretty well hidden. The 3 I needed on Misty Island were found on accident and there were 2 in Spider Cave that eluded me for about 15 minutes but I finally got them. Overall it took me about 7 hours in game time to get the Plat.
    Jak II looks to be just as straightforward as all the trophies look to be earned by just beating the missions (meaning none of them are popped by doing something special in any mission), but I may be wrong.
    Anyone know if the Skull Gems and Orbs are a cumulative total or do you need to have that amount at one time?
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lvl 9 - Gold

I would say this game is easy if the controls on the hover bike and some of the platform jumping were tighter. But, ND didn't improve on any of the gameplay, just the graphics.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

very easy, can be done in 5-6 hours without too much trouble, probably rivals sly one as one of the easiest ive done

Retired

I think 1/5, the power cells weren't that hard, I need to used the bird but I didn't.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted very easy.
    Nothing poses enough of a challenge for me to vote any higher,
    keeping in mind I have done the bulk of the platinum requirements years ago.
    Those who are tackling for the first time I would probably think "Easy."
    Quick. Simple. Fun.
    I am not Hollywood. I am not South Beach. I am Causeway Street. I am a Celtic.

Platinum Procrastinator

I voted Easy. A few of the precursor orbs were semi hard to find and besides the bike levels and a few issues with the camera and jumping, it was an easy plat.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

ToQ6

i don't have the plat yet but for now i will say 2 since there is a lot of collecting going on here i've never played this trilogy of games so far so good but the bike controls make me cringe i prolly will have this on mon after im done with my weekend work schedule

Plat Bar By Knucklesmash (finally stable)

Retired TGT Member

2 - Easy.

More like a 2.4 though. I never played this game on ps2, so I knew nothing about it going in.

It takes a while to learn the jump techniques and a few collectibles are hard to find, but the boss fights are very easy and the story is pretty entertaining. Overall I really enjoyed this game. Not a complete walk in the park though.

ToQ6

ok i beat it and i will say that unless you don't bother to get any of the precursor orbs, scout flies, or the power cells then you won't get any trophies or get very far in the game all but 9 of the trophies are obtained by collecting the power cells, that being said the remaining 9 trophies are collectables and are the only real reason i give it a 2 since i was lazy but i did make some effort on collecting and that is why i now have my 13th Platinum trophy. I will say 1 1/2 for diffculty here not a hard one at all.

Plat Bar By Knucklesmash (finally stable)

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I voted Easy. A few of the precursor orbs were semi hard to find and besides the bike levels and a few issues with the camera and jumping, it was an easy plat.
    This is worth repeating. The ps2-era camera controllers can be frustrating and mess with your depth perception. We are so spoiled by out PS3's

Lvl 2 - Bronze

For someone who has probably played the game before this platinum would most likely have been super easy, but for me it was a:

3- Moderate.

I really wanted to enjoy the game since it was my first time ever playing a PS2 Jak and Daxter game (beat Daxter on the PSP), so I took my time playing through all of the levels. Most of them I enjoyed.....except that [insert profanities here] Spider Cave! Right when I got inside the place, I knew I wouldn't like it. The bland environment of it and many cheap death spots made me hate it to no end. That dark cave part made me want to pull my hair out after dying in so many places. After making it through the whole place, I only had a few Precursor Orbs left to obtain. I managed to get all but 1 from killing the gnawing lurkers, and then the hunt began for the final Precursor Orb of the Spider Cave. Oh what a hunt that was! I searched for nearly 3 hours before finding that last Precursor Orb, and it certainly wasn't fun.

Okay, now that my rant about the Spider Cave is over, really I think that the game SHOULD deserve a 2/5. The collectables weren't very hard to get at all, and I managed to get all of them on my first playthrough with a bit of cleaning up before entering Gol and Maia's Citadel. All of the other trophies were very easy to get and none of them were overly challenging. However, the camera led to quite a few unfair deaths for me and that stupid Spider Cave nearly made me go insane, but in the end I did beat it. The game is great besides those last 2 problems and the platinum is also fairly easy, granted you hunt for the many collectables which isn't too hard to do.

Very nice sig by In2, thank you very much!

Indie Game Developer

1 - Very Easy

This game basically gives you the platinum for beating the game. While finding some of the collectibles is a tiny bit challenging, it's still a very easy game. It's also a very good game.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Break from gaming

I give this a 2. It would be a 1 if the camera wasn't so shit
    Last edited by Creditdue; 02-25-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast