View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

4 21.05%
  • 3 - Moderate

5 26.32%
  • 4 - Hard

10 52.63%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Jak II forum, part of the J; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Well, I finally did it. While the story mode doesn't too many truly excruciatingly hard missions, the story alone would get a 3. However, the side missions can be a pain down under and may cause some to stop playing for a while just to cool off. This combination gives the game a 4, though it really is somewhere between 4 and 5.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I agree with Vettes on the difficulty. Definitely had some cool down moments mastering the races myself. haha. I give it a 4.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

probably go with 4 since there are some missions that are a downright pain in the ass and somewhat dependent on luck more than anything else, overall not that hard but those near impossible missions definitely take lots of practice

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

4-Hard
    The story alone is tough in spots, and some of those side missions are just flat-out frustrating.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I would give it a 4 as well, the driving aspects of the game were extremely difficult due to the sensitivity of the handling and the chase sequences where you had to run away from the bigass metalpede thing were hardly made any easier due to the camera.

I've always thought it was a pretty good game but now I would say that its a purely stress inducing experience, especially if you try to platinum it.
    The Twilight Saga: A tale of a girl torn between beastiality and necrophilia.

JE9
    Lvl 3 - Bronze

6/10 Hard
    Great fun game for mee, but the collecting the orbs was the biggest pain, espically since the game glitched on mee, n i was 3 orbs down.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I give it a 4. I played the J&D games a lot back in my teen years, to the point where I became very familiar with just about everything in them, and even to this day some parts of the game are very challenging. As others have said, some of the story missions and ESPECIALLY the side-challenges can be intensely frustrating. Since most of the trophies are related to the story missions, most of the trophies are easy to pull off. The last trophy, "The Collectionator" will be the hardest and longest trophy to complete, because it involves beating every single side-challenge and searching out every nook and cranny on every level for Precursor Orbs, to collect the maximum amount the game can give out (286). Given how challenging and frustrating some of these challenges can be, this trophy could take weeks or even months to complete (that is to say, weeks and months AFTER you beat the story mode).

Now, I'm gonna admit a dirty little secret. There is a glitch in the game that allows you to get unlimited Precursor Orbs using only a single side-challenge. I won't go into it, but you can find it on Youtube easily. I used this glitch to help me get the "Collectionator" trophy. (To be fair to myself, I did want to beat it the proper way and intended to do it that way from the beginning, but I basically cracked under frustration after losing the same race for 10 playing hours straight) Sure, it's lamer to do it that way, but I guess it depends on how you look at it: which is better, beating a game the right way honorably, or saving countless hours, weeks and months of frustration (I swear, some of these side-challenges are damn near BROKEN) to get the PT and move on with your life? I say the latter is. But that's your call to make. If you take advantage of this glitch as I did, then the difficulty rating is probably a 3, 3.5.
    Daxter: "You were bottle-fed, weren't you?!"
    Me: "Yeah! Also, what?"

Nope, nothing

Voted Moderate

Some things in the game are very annoying, but still pretty simple to do.
    Definitely harder than the first game.

Lvl 4 - Silver

MODERATE, more of a in between moderate and hard. Mainly cause some of the missions were insanly difficult.

Finally GTA V done.

4 Hard / 7/10 without orb glitch. 2 easy or 4/10 with orb glitch. I did this without orb glitch and the only reasons why this was hard was because of getting gold time in the class 1,2,3 races and 1st ring race. These races have to be done perfect which is very hard. But the 1st ring race was torture as not only do you have to be near perfect but all the fat people getting in your way to mess you up was super cheap. The reverse races were easy and everything else was just a little a trial and error.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

3 - Moderate

I used the orb glitch because I thought most of the game was outdated in terms with its poor game design. It was very dark in comparison with Jak 1. Jak 2 was hard enough to beat but mostly because of the broken checkpoints, poor controls, and ridiculous time counters. It was a good game for its time but now it is fairly outdated. Thank goodness naughty Dog has moved on to Uncharted.

PRO Member

4 - Hard

The trophies will come as you advance through the game, and the only collectible in this game is Precursors Orbs and Metal Head gems. The last I mentioned is easy to obtain, and you will most likely have them by the end of the game, but the collecting of Precursors Orbs can be a pain in the ass to collecting through doing challenges around the whole world map and finishing gun courses, and I have heard that the game glitched on some people at 283 Precursors Orbs, which is a big slap on the wrist. Nonetheless, the game is really enjoyable and fun, but somewhat frustrating to get the Platinum trophy.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

4 - Hard

So far from the HD Collection I have got the platinum in both Jak 1 and Jak 3, at this stage I think I'll give up on the 2nd one, collecting those orbs is a pain in the ass, and the driving in that game is trash, way too many other vehicles and enemys in the way so I usual end up blowing up my vehicle or hitting one of those guards and then it ends up with me running away from them, more than often resulting in me blowing up my vehicle. It's a great game but certain things about the game make it really difficult to plat the game.
    PSN: WooliestSteam1
    "A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Was easy-peasy...Some annoy parts to it, but it was a pretty straight forward game.

Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

Lvl 5 - Silver

i vote easy

Legalize it...

I went with Moderate. Some missions are really annoying and the game just sucks plain and simple. I liked Jak 1 but hopefully Jak 3 is better than this pos. But I kind of doubt it...

PRO Member

Easy to go i did the orb glitch but i did more than half without it so is pretty doable nothing too hard just keep trying and in few tries ull get it done