Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Collectationator!

This is a discussion on The Collectationator! within the Jak II forum, part of the J; So I am on the final stretch of the main story. I checked the trophy guide and saw that the ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The Collectationator!

So I am on the final stretch of the main story. I checked the trophy guide and saw that the 8 orbs there are miss able apparently. I started googling for information and found people saying you can go back to the prison and the only area you cannot return to is the nest at the end of the game. I was wondering if anyone who has earned this trophy or collected them all on the ps2 could shed some light on this topic.

Thanks

Buy my book, Alteration

You do in fact return to the Prison, but it is for a brief period in the story, and after that I'm sure you can't go back.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Breakfast and Chill

You are able to return to the prison after the mission Rescue Friends at Fortress, but (if I remember correctly) you will be unable to get those orbs during the mission. As when you get back to the "treatment room" from the beginning, you are shown a cutscene and sent to the Power Station via warp gate.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

thanks for the info. Time to collect all the orbs

Breakfast and Chill

Just remember to have fun and take a break if you get frustrated

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Gold Races are very frustrating. Most frustrated I've been while gaming in a long time haha

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I dunno how you did it man!? All the races are so unforgiving it blows my mind. Taking a break from 2 and starting up 3. Hopefully I can pull it together and finish it off at some point. Side note: You got Jak 3 done already too?! Are you a Jak guru or something bro? haha

RETIRED

Yeah, I'm pretty frustrated with this trophy too, I was happy as can be when right before the fight with Kor the Head Master trophy popped up, I'm just missing the level based orbs, 186/286! Why world! Why must you do this to me!
    But regarding the missable orbs, the only orbs that are missable are in fact the Prison orbs, because (as pointed out) the only opportunity to return to the prison greets you with a nasty cutscene. Make sure to clear that out before you start the game!

EDIT: I was looking at a precursor orb guide made when the PS2 version came out, and I noticed there were 4 in the Palace Tower where you first fight the Baron, are these missable? (Because if so, I'm screwed )

EDIT2: Nevermind, I forgot there was a door to go back up to this part.
    Last edited by viralhysteria; 02-13-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: I was wrong
    Retired Trophy Hunter
    Feel free to add me on Steam

Lvl 10 - Platinum

are there some areas that have tens of orbs because im over half way done and only have about 50 orbs, what areas have the most amount of orbs to collect?

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    are there some areas that have tens of orbs because im over half way done and only have about 50 orbs, what areas have the most amount of orbs to collect?
    The area that has the highest amount of orbs is the Mountain Temple, it has 17 orbs to collect

Also, I realized that the orbs at the Metal Head nest are missable as it can't be returned to through normal gameplay.
    Am I able to select it through level select or whatever? Or will I not have my total orb count if I use level select?

If I can't use level select, does Hero Mode reset your orb count?
    Retired Trophy Hunter

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The nest is the only area you cannot return to. I have a decent orb guide link....Jak 2 - Precursor Orbs

He breaks it down fairly well. Races are still a bitch though

Not sure about Hero play through.

Breakfast and Chill

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerium View Post
    I dunno how you did it man!? All the races are so unforgiving it blows my mind. Taking a break from 2 and starting up 3. Hopefully I can pull it together and finish it off at some point. Side note: You got Jak 3 done already too?! Are you a Jak guru or something bro? haha

This guy has some great videos for (i think) all of the major challenges in Jak II, and also a few for Jak 3
    Sidenote: Back when I had my PS2 I had 6 games. The Jak And Daxter series and the Sly Cooper series, so I've really just had a lot of practice.
    Good luck everyone.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Does anyone know if secrets disable trophies? Was gonna use infinite ammo for gun challenges
    217/286 orbs!
    Last edited by Ballerium; 02-13-2012 at 10:19 PM.

RETIRED

Does anyone know if secrets disable trophies? Was gonna use infinite ammo for gun challenges
    202/286 orbs!
    Nope, go ahead, I used infinite ammo for the gun challenges too, haha
    Retired Trophy Hunter

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by viralhysteria View Post
    Nope, go ahead, I used infinite ammo for the gun challenges too, haha
    Awesome, that made two of them super easy.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

The nest is the only area you cannot return to. I have a decent orb guide link....Jak 2 - Precursor Orbs

He breaks it down fairly well. Races are still a bitch though

Not sure about Hero play through.
    didnt realize most of the orbs were from challenges, makes me feel bettter because i think ive only missed about ten or so in normal playthrough so far

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Just finished all the races gold! Only have the trick course left.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Does anyone have any tips for racking up fast large points? I can barely get bronze.

RETIRED

Does anyone have any tips for racking up fast large points? I can barely get bronze.
    Make sure that you rack up major combos between flips and grinding! Use the elevated walkways to do multiple grinds with the railing on the sides and above all, make sure you keep up your speed! I was easily able to get 2.5x the gold score using this technique!
    Retired Trophy Hunter

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by viralhysteria View Post
    Make sure that you rack up major combos between flips and grinding! Use the elevated walkways to do multiple grinds with the railing on the sides and above all, make sure you keep up your speed! I was easily able to get 2.5x the gold score using this technique!
    Alright I'll keep trying at it. I've gotten 90k top score now. What does keeping fast speed do?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast