i remember why i hated this game back in the day

This is a discussion on i remember why i hated this game back in the day within the Jak II forum, part of the J; gotta love those tight controls on the speeders when time is an issue, very few parts of this game are ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

i remember why i hated this game back in the day

gotta love those tight controls on the speeders when time is an issue, very few parts of this game are frustrating but the ones that are are horrible, i remember this being one of the most aggravating games from my ps2 experiences but playing it again realize its only a few missions that are nearly impossible unless perfection is achieved, i think i gave up on this game and series midway through this game because i have no memory of actually beating this game but i will finish it this time as well as its sequel

Crocodile Hunter

Its pre easy man, i dnt recall the 'hard parts' your talking about

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    Its pre easy man, i dnt recall the 'hard parts' your talking about

almost every mission with a time limit requires pinpoint precision and no errors, and the controls on the speeders are way too floaty for my liking

Breakfast and Chill

Just keep going man, you eventually learn the tendencies of each vehicle.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    Just keep going man, you eventually learn the tendencies of each vehicle.
    yeah i know, im starting to get the feel for everything but its still aggravating like almost no other game ive played

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yea man, I'm about to give some races a shot again now. Perfection is a must.

Breakfast and Chill

Class 2's race was really the only one I had trouble with because you do have to be perfect at the beginning of you will not get the gold.
    Confury on Youtube has some great videos. Just do what he does and you should be fine.

Retired

When I read the title I knew this would be for Jak II, I won't plat it anytime soon, too frustrating. There are almost no checkpoints.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I have gotten gold in the class 1 but class 2 is super intense. Have not tried 3. Do you need to get gold in the reverse races as well?

Breakfast and Chill

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerium View Post
    I have gotten gold in the class 1 but class 2 is super intense. Have not tried 3. Do you need to get gold in the reverse races as well?
    Yes, you do (though I didn't think they were as difficult).
    Class 2 normal is still the worst, took me 2 hours to succeed.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Try the mission where you have to pick up 14 bags of money within a STRICT time limit while the ENTIRE police force is shooting at you and deliberately flying their speeders into you - IT"S FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!

Not to mention that the controls on the speeders are the WORST I think I have EVER played - and that EVERY other speeder does it's level best to GET IN YOUR WAY (including deliberately turning in on you when you get close).

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I honestly can't believe how ridiculously hard this is! I missed the orbs in the nest just to have to do the whole game over and get stopped by the races. After beating NGS2 on the hardest difficulty and beating challenege 6 in Vanquish, my pride is wounded. Will someone please explain to me in detail how to go about the races. I've seen the videos, but that does not help. Do you hold the analog stick foward while racing? Do you release the gas around certain corners, or just hit them at the exact right spot? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know how much longer my patience will hold out ;_;

Lvl 10 - Platinum

the races just take practice, what i did was ease the gas around the turns and then boost when i had a clear shot, still takes a lot of tries but practice makes perfect, or at least as perfect as the crappy controls will allow

actually if all you need is the orbs you can just use the orb glitch instead of finishing the game again

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Tyvm, i'll give it a shot. And yes, all I need is the orbs from all the stadium races and one street race. I would rather do it myself, but if I have to, i'll resort to the orb glitch. How does it work and I will be able to get the platinum like that since all I need is that last trophy?

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_In_Trance View Post
    Tyvm, i'll give it a shot. And yes, all I need is the orbs from all the stadium races and one street race. I would rather do it myself, but if I have to, i'll resort to the orb glitch. How does it work and I will be able to get the platinum like that since all I need is that last trophy?
    look up on youtube for jak 2 orb glitch, there are a couple different ways to do it, unless they have patched it it will still unlock the last trophy and the platinum

Lvl 6 - Silver

I also found Jak II hard and gave up on it. It's the racing missions that I find hard in any game. I will give it a shot on the hd collection.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.