Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

game of the year contender

This is a discussion on game of the year contender within the Journey forum, part of the J; Finished it yesterday, and I must say that this better get a couple dozen awards by the end of the ...

Kiwi Defender

Finished it yesterday, and I must say that this better get a couple dozen awards by the end of the year.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I don't know about game of the year. But you never know not really a lot of huge games coming out this year. I would say if SONY pushes for it then it's plausible. I'm only saying this cause of when Journey came out. Most Game of the year winners are mid to late in the year and it's understandable to see when there is so much hype on games nearing the holiday seasons and a lot of good titles come out then as well. I can definitely see it winning best dlc game.

INTJ

if episode 3 comes out this year it's all over

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Now, I know all you guys are just going to roll your eyes and go 'well duh it figures you're a chick after all..' but I really missed the game chat in this one. It would've been really nice to have shared the experience with my fellow traveller(s).
    I don't see it as 'game of the year', but it was a lot of fun to play.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by agirlygamer View Post
    Now, I know all you guys are just going to roll your eyes and go 'well duh it figures you're a chick after all..' but I really missed the game chat in this one. It would've been really nice to have shared the experience with my fellow traveller(s).
    I don't see it as 'game of the year', but it was a lot of fun to play.
    You can always send them a msg at the end of the game, when they show who you found during your Journey .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Synthwave <3

I highly recommend this game. I've 100%ed it already on 3 different accounts (had a lot of gameplay to record PLUS it's just so enjoyable). If you haven't bought this game yet you are really missing out. Yes, it's short, but that's exactly what thatgamecompany wanted. I think it has a little something for everyone whether you're young or old. Plus, if you're a trophy hunter (which I think most of the people on this site probably are) then you can 100% this game in 1.5-3 hours!

Also, Playstation just revealed that"Journey has officially broken PlayStation Network and PlayStation Store sales records, surpassing all first and third-party games to become the fastest-selling game ever released in the SCEA region on the PlayStation Network." That should tell you something about how epic this game is!

Now what are you waiting for? You owe it to yourself to buy this amazing game.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

PRO Member

I will actually have to agree with 360 for once

But seriously, without hyping it up too much this game is fantastic and is extremely relaxing. This is a purchase I do not regret.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by agirlygamer View Post

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    LOL I love that comic!

I love in-game chat too but only for certain games. I think X-Play hit the nail on the head in their review. They said that not being able to communicate with your companion helps remove any preconceptions that you might have about them. This just encourages you to stick together and work on a common goal. I think in-game chat would have just taken away from the game. I think that having to find creative ways to communicate with your partner just adds to the games charm.

Here's X-Play's review btw:
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/340265/x-play-journey-review

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I know i'm incredibly late to the party here but having just finally played Journey, i had to post.

I still feel in a haze 15 minutes after stopping, i cannot believe i just played that, absolutely wow.

It's left me with a feeling of awe and wonder i've not felt with a game for years, like playing a vivid dream, i had felt it was a slow year for quality games but this, this defies convention, screw the length quibble, it's perfect, no voice chat? thank feck! Trophies? stuff 'em! Journey looks like liquid angel sex ( that's a good thing! ), it's simplicity is why it triumphs.In short, i fell in love with it.

Game Of The Year? unless as mentioned, new Half- Life gets released or even GTA V, then yes, stone cold certainty in my eyes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12