Journey Developer Could Announce Next Game This Year

This is a discussion on Journey Developer Could Announce Next Game This Year within the Journey forum, part of the J; Thatgamecompany, developer of the PSN adventure title Journey, might announce their next game soon. Jenova Chen, co-founder of the Los ...

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

Journey Developer Could Announce Next Game This Year

Thatgamecompany, developer of the PSN adventure title
    Journey, might announce their next game soon. Jenova Chen, co-founder of the Los Angeles-based studio, says that a reveal will likely take place within 2012.

With Journey's release, the developer concluded a three-game deal with Sony. The other titles produced as part of this contract were flOw and Flower, both also for PSN. Chen told VG247 that they're currently talking to prospective publishers.

"It takes us a little bit of time to basically readjust after the three game deal [with Sony]. We’re very close in figuring out what the next deal is," he said. "We’re negotiating with various partners, so maybe within the next month, we’ll be able to determine which is the [right deal]."

If thatgamecompany re-signs with Sony - or keeps developing for the PS3 under a third-party publisher - it's possible that their next game could utilize PlayStation Move. Chen indicates that they'll "probably would use Move" for a future title. In fact, they would've used it for Journey if the timing was better.

"I can see if Move came out a little bit earlier, we might have been able to add something to that."

I'd imagine Sony would try to keep thatgamecompany close. The three games that the studio produced under their deal were all well-received. They haven't sold poorly, either. In fact, Journey is the fastest-selling PSN game in North America. Still, the developer's success will ensure that they'll have plenty of other gentleman callers.

I really like to play the original game when i get the chance. based on its popularity, i find it as good news a 2nd part will be out this year.

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

as long as it doesnt take a long time to release the game im good

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

Well Journey was all kinds of amazing so I'm totally down for another one like it. I've loved every title from Thatgamecompany, so I'm sure it won't disappoint.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

The Temple of the King

as long as it is different from journey, than i'm good.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.