Jurassic Park Thoughts?

This is a discussion on Jurassic Park Thoughts? within the Jurassic Park: The Intruder forum, part of the J; I'm a huge fan of the movies, but I'm skeptical to play this game. The trailer didn't do much to ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Jurassic Park Thoughts?

I'm a huge fan of the movies, but I'm skeptical to play this game. The trailer didn't do much to rile me up and graphics look mediocre for current gen. Also that 40 buck price tag seems ridiculous.

Will you be buying the game?

PRO Member

It seems interesting. It led me to renew my plus subscription early so that I can get it for free.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The movies (yes, movies -- deal with it ) are among my favorites of all time. The games, as goofy as some may have been, are great. I'm glad someone (who better than Telltale?) is re-igniting the series and touching upon a subject that fans have been asking since the first movies (and books, I suppose?) release. Hopefully, just hopefully, something does come into fruition in 2013/14. I know a lot of people are opposed to the idea, but honestly, who gives a shit. Look how many Star Wars there are. Who gives a shit? Then again, I'm not a Star Wars fan, haha.

... I should really start reading the books

But anyhow, to get back onto topic, I will be buying this game regardless of price (well, within reason). I was going to pay full, but PS+ made me get it for free, only cause my subscription ran out a few days ago. That, and PS+ gets it 20% off on launch.

As for the graphics, it's typical Telltale material, I suppose. Not too sure, but that might not have been the final product show in trailers. Not to pick on anyone, but do graphics really matter in these type of games? I think BF3's MP looks like shit, but I still love the gameplay. But that's the developers style. Kind of cartoony, yet a bit cinematic. Haven't played Heavy Rain yet, but I heard the gameplay is carbon copy.

As a side note, I even went and pre-ordered the "Deluxe Edition" off their site. PC only . Still, had some sweet goodies in it. I've been waiting since announcement, sat patiently through the delay, and will "squeal" in joy when I'm downloading it.

Phew... opinion over, lol.

======================

My Guides
    --------------
    Jurassic Park: The Game
    Episode One -- Episode Two -- Episode Three -- Episode Four

Microbot

======================

PSN ID: Horror_Movie

======================

Ice Cream Firefighter

I loved the movies the first 1 came out when I was 12 I went & seen it with a mate & my mother before she passed I remember the scene when the guy got eaten from the toilet & his legs were dangling out the T-Rex's mouth my mother & I were laughing so hard but my mate was hiding under the seat cause he was scared shitless rotfl I prob will buy the game I remember there was 1 on the SNES & it was awesome so with the graphics & everything the way they are now it should ave picked the level of the game up 10 fold so im looking forward to it

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 2 - Bronze

thanks for your input guys. @Apocalypse i loved your insight and notes on the graphics not having much to do with the way the story turns out. If i am not mistaken that was one of Shigeru Miyamotos mantras (huge paraphrase of course).

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I have done 3 episodes so far and im a huge Jurassic Park fan now this adds something different to the game it plays out just like Heavy Rain which i didnt mind that game except for all those damn endings but is it worth the price tag well if your a fan then yes but just dont be expecting something thats gonna blow your mind.

This isnt bad and i think its alright still glad im doing it now onto the last episode but im still hoping for a great return and revamp for this game i loved it on the snes played it the other week again oh the memories

Like My Facebook Page

Toggle Spoiler