Switching difficulties?

This is a discussion on Switching difficulties? within the Just Cause 2 forum, part of the J; Hi! The game is laying in front of me and I was wondering on what difficulty to start. Usually I ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Switching difficulties?

Hi!

The game is laying in front of me and I was wondering on what difficulty to start. Usually I like to play a game in a moderate difficulty and then turn to the harder ones after the first playthrough. Will you lose your other accomplishments here (given that JC2 is a sandbox game)? Can anybody tell me about how the difficulties are handled?

Thanks!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well why don't you treat it like any other game. Start on a mid difficulty, do all the missions, side missions and anything else that will eat up your time. Get it all out the way and acquire all the trophies until you get to the last trophy(s) for the hardest difficulty. This way you don't have to worry about missing anything and also you have good experience with the game having already finished it on a previous difficulty.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

So when you have to finish the game on hard, does it reset all the other items (like enemies killed, stuff destroyed, etc.) or does it just rest the main missions?

Retired TGT Member

I think it resets everything. I did everything and got to 75% on normal, then started a new game and did a speed run on hard. Don't think there was an NG+ option.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well, are you going for the Perfectionist trophy? If that's the case, then whatever difficulty you chose to make your first playthrough would be the file to continue playing on. I can't confirm whether if all of your stats reset if you change difficulties (can't remember) but I'm pretty sure your completion rate does.

I just did everything on my Hard playthrough. The difficulty wasn't too bad, just frustrating at times.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Started on medium now to get a "head start" (while finishing up on NBA 2K12 and Space Marines). Takes a while to get used to the Hollywood-style action (and flying the airplanes).

Yes, I am mainly thinking about the Perfectionist trophy. But I'll all do it on normal now and then restart on Hard for that one.

Thanks for the quick help, guys!