Elite mode.. tips?

This is a discussion on Elite mode.. tips? within the Killzone 2 forum, part of the K; Are there any decent tips/glitches/hacks I can use for Elite difficulty? I really cannot stand being meatgrindered while trying to ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Elite mode.. tips?

Are there any decent tips/glitches/hacks I can use for Elite difficulty?

I really cannot stand being meatgrindered while trying to beat it on this difficulty. (Somehow I coaxed myself to do it for CODwaw, its been 3 years and no Plat there)

If you tell me to just be better, practice more, or other such nonsense, I will politely ignore you.

Kiwi Defender

There are no glitches as far as I know, and hacking it would be lame and crappy, so I can only give you tips:

- Take cover when possible. Even though you can't fire when you're taking cover, you can't be damaged either (unless they're behind you or something).
    - Use your mates as meatshields, and only revive them when you know it's safe to do so.
    - Always use a weapon you're good with.
    - Learn the level layout of each chapter and, if possible, where enemies attack you from.
    - Do not get impatient, for that'll porbably lead to your demise.
    - Even thought you asked not to be given this advice, I'll give it anywa because it's very important: Practice a lot!

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 7 - Gold

At least you did it politely, so thanks.

I wish we could do the same as in KZ3 with using co-op for it. I mean, the whole idea is the Alpha Squad of small group of elite soldiers, but yet, we are just playing as the 1 guy, the super-soldier who has to do everything himself.

Perfecting since 1996

May I ask what part you are currently stuck on??

Sig by Bladia

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

Pretty much what Nagflar says. In addition, short controlled bursts and always aim for the head, otherwise it takes too many bullets and too much time to kill anything. Don't be impatient, there are no timers so survival is about doing things slowly. Except for certain sections such as the last section on the train and visari square, where you need to push forward quickly to trigger a cutscene or stop infinite spawns.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    At least you did it politely, so thanks.

I wish we could do the same as in KZ3 with using co-op for it. I mean, the whole idea is the Alpha Squad of small group of elite soldiers, but yet, we are just playing as the 1 guy, the super-soldier who has to do everything himself.
    You can do that? Interesting. I'll surely take that to my advantage whenever I get the game.

Oh, also, be very careful whenever those annoying drones appear (specially before the radec fight). You want to spend most of your time behind cover and let your mates handle it as much as they can. Only pop up and shoot the thing when you know it's safe to do so. Same thing applies with turrets and flame-thrower dudes.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Pretty much what has been said. Take cover, Aim for the heads, Learn how they spawn, Patience, Patience,patience. Let your teamates do what they can. There were a couple spots they did most the work for me. ALso in Vasari square once you are to the part were you have to push forward you can get in the tunnel in the middle and run and skip alot of fighting.

If you get stuck anywere there is good videos on youtube that shows good hiding places for some parts.

Most of all good luck. You are going to need a lot of it.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

illegal in 9 countries

It's not that hard...if I can do it, anyone can.

I've almost completed the Elite run, got bored a couple of levels from the end and tried MP. Got bored again, played something else. Thanks for the reminder to get back and finish it.

Take cover. Aim down sights, there's no hip-fire reticle. Shoot straight, kill fast. Beware of infinite spawn locations. Move before you're overwhelmed. That's it.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Jay
    ಠ_ಠ

The hardest part of elite is definitely the last boss (when wave after wave of Helghan rush towards you), however there is a glitch that a friend showed me that makes it ever so easier, but I can't find the video, so I'll do my best to describe it.

Toggle Spoiler

The above may not make sense if you haven't reached this section just yet, but it will when you get to it
    I really hope this helps you out, and good luck with all the other difficult, rage inducing sections

Saints Row IV

Im still at the first level
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

I didn't play killzone 2 campaign, MP was bad so I took it the wrong way and sold it. I should get it back sometime.

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare
    WWE Favorite TEN (Active Performers, Updated Every Week) - Bad News Barrett, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bo Dallas, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Cesaro

Currently Playing/Working On: Call of Duty Ghosts (Xbox One/360), NBA 2K14 (Xbox One), Killzone 2 (PS3), Remember Me (PS3), WWE 2K14 (PS3)

Lvl 7 - Gold

@nagflar
    Co-op does not unlock the trophy for that game's Elite Difficulty. But that game is pretty much a pushover in comparison, what with the teammate revives and lack of infinite spawn points. The only real trouble are the vehicle missions(ice saw thing comes to mind pretty quickly)

I am only worried that I will get to Visari Square and get stuck dealing with the endless mobs while having my head shot off from out of nowhere. Just like I am on CODWAW(heart of the reich). It is extremely frustrating to get to the end of a game and spend hours going nowhere, scratch that, years going nowhere.

illegal in 9 countries

@nagflar
    Co-op does not unlock the trophy for that game's Elite Difficulty. But that game is pretty much a pushover in comparison, what with the teammate revives and lack of infinite spawn points. The only real trouble are the vehicle missions(ice saw thing comes to mind pretty quickly)

I am only worried that I will get to Visari Square and get stuck dealing with the endless mobs while having my head shot off from out of nowhere. Just like I am on CODWAW(heart of the reich). It is extremely frustrating to get to the end of a game and spend hours going nowhere, scratch that, years going nowhere.
    Visari wasn't too bad. I think I took the left machine gun first to take out the tank (big guy with gas tanks on his back) and got sniped a couple of times by a dude hiding behind a car. Then took out the tank guy on the right from a distance before mopping up the remnants. Took a few attempts but easier than expected.

As Jay pointed out, the waves before the Radec fight are the only thing I'd worry about.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

I'm A Walking Anime......

and also....BEWARE YOUR SURROUNDINGS lol, I got wacked by a random emeny so many times when I played, and u will get it
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw

Lvl 7 - Gold

Update:

After the PS3 died, I had to start over on just about everything. So it took me forever to want to play this again. My nephew and I played KZ3 in co-op. So he wanted to play KZ2, because why not? (little did he know how bad it was) So after watching him play over a couple of days getting up to the Cruiser level, I took over.

Started on my Untouchable runs as a way to unlock Elite mode and rack up for the 1500 kills. Take a break at the Autarch's Sanctum. (my butt was sore)

The next day, he plays and gets up to the same level, gets stuck on the Second checkpoint. I'm trying to coach him through it, but it's hard when he's only 7 and doesn't understand how the game 'thinks'. I take over again, whoop Radec. Then proceed to play the level again on Elite. (just the final fight)

I kick ass, cursing, swearing, and bleeding profusely thanks to Rico having the worst aim in all of the ISA. Go and get my Fragmerchant by suiciding on the Cruiser, lolz ensue. Then I start my normal Elite runs, got through the first 3 levels. It's tough, especially when my partner A.I. keeps running off and getting himself killed. -.-

So, I'm working on it. It's going places. That sort of thing. I played the Radec Boss fight first because I had the second most trouble with that usually, guess what's first. And told myself it wasn't worth doing if I couldn't beat that level.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

I'm A Walking Anime......

try it again, Its gonna take alot of time but its possible
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw

Lvl 7 - Gold

Update#2.

I did it.

I found a really useful guide for the last level before Radec. Basically, instead of fighting my way through a couple hundred soldiers, I ran for the end of the level. I can't believe that worked with only about 10 tries.

Now all I have left is Valor Grand Cross and ribbons. booo.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

PRO Member

Update#2.

I did it.

I found a really useful guide for the last level before Radec. Basically, instead of fighting my way through a couple hundred soldiers, I ran for the end of the level. I can't believe that worked with only about 10 tries.

Now all I have left is Valor Grand Cross and ribbons. booo.
    yeah!! I did that too.. I just ran for the door and was really surprised to see it worked.
    I just hated the train level too.. the part you need to blow a tank, or something like that. it made me angry as F***!!
    good luck with the ribbons and crosses.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hah, that tank was a bitch. Rico wouldn't shoot the coming waves for me, so I had to 'gimp' the system and hide behind a box a certain way. Then run like hell behind the large wall area , wait to heal and take out the enemies one by one. Such a pain in the ass.

Currently only need 3 class badges, and 2 mission badges, then I'm done those. I am very close to Valor Grand Cross, not much time left either, but I might be able to do it with help from others here.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!