View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

0 0%
  • 3 - Moderate

5 18.52%
  • 4 - Hard

5 18.52%
  • 5 - Very Hard

17 62.96%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Killzone 2 forum, part of the K; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Royal Flush X2

5 very hard or 9/10 This one just crosses over to the very hard difficulty as elite difficulty is very hard as the enemy A.I is very smart and can put you down fast. Also there is no crosshair at all. The final battle or part 1 of it is very hard a lot of enemies in a farily small space come at you. The final boss though wasn't too tough. The online trophies is what makes this hard. They are a grind and some of them are tough for example being able get 10 pistol kills in a match and you must do that 8 eight different times and there is many challenges like that. But ranking in the top 1% in the world for a week is hard as your up against players who play this 24/7 but really to get this you need a week off of school or work. This is no casual game for the platinum.
    Last edited by omnislash; 08-15-2012 at 02:13 AM.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    5 very hard This one just crosses over to the very hard difficulty as elite difficulty is very hard as the enemy A.I is very smart and can put you down fast. Also there is no crosshair at all. The final battle or part 1 of it is very hard a lot of enemies in a farily small space come at you. The final boss though wasn't too tough. The online trophies is what makes this hard. They are a grind and some of them are tough for example being able get 10 pistol kills in a match and you must do that 8 eight different times and there is many challenges like that. But ranking in the top 1% in the world for a week is hard as your up against players who play this 24/7 but really to get this you need a week off of school or work to get this. This is no casual game for the platinum.

Could not of said it no better. Definantly my most difficult plat to date.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

since March '09

really? WaW was considerably harder. All we did was start a private game and do everything that was required and in the process got 1% in the second week.

Kiwi Defender

Moderate. Elite is the only real trouble, and even that can be easily completed with patience and skill.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The Deathly Rhythm

Very Hard - OMG this game hard mode was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard, I beat Elite mode by luck, it took me the whole December last year, and the Valor Grand Cross....thats what I call a grinding trophy, i didn't boost it because ppl didn't want to boost with me, I did it all by my self
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Gotham's Reckoning

Very Hard: Elite was almost impossible, especially the last level and being in the top 1% was almost as painful.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Very Hard - Valor Grand Cross is actually very easy without boosting if you have the hours to play. It requires about 20-30 hours of online play in one Sunday-Sunday week. But the elite campaign will punch you in the teeth, kick you while you're down, chew you up, spit you out, and break your controller.
    Best Plats: Bad Company 1, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Racquet Sports, Sports Champions, and Wipeout HD
    Best PSN 100%'s: Hustle Kings, Landit Bandit, and Scene It: Movie Night

PRO Member

Hard- Without boosting Valor Grand Cross is very doable if you have the time. Radec on Elite was a pain in the ass though.

Canadian gamer since the 2600

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

5 - Very hard (I would give this about 8.5 or 9 out of 10). Valor is simple enough, ribbon trophies are harder. Elite gives you a run for your money, especially the end boss. Though not the hardest, this is a damanding plat that takes a lot of dedication for the average gamer, no matter what anyone says.

www.powerpyx.com

5 - Very Hard
    Sure, there are harder plats, but this is still one of the hardest out there.

The last campaign mission on highest difficulty was a pain in the ass and the online trophies require a lot of patience and also a lot of skill (or boosting partners, lol). Glad I got this plat.

The Girl Gamer

Very Hard: Elite mode is what makes this game very hard. Especially at the end of the last level. You will be yelling and getting pissed off on Elite mode. Getting the top 1% rank for the week is actually easy. You just need to have a week off and play from Sunday to Sunday and play lots of hours each day to make sure you are the top 1% rank. Getting the ribbons in the other hand is hard if you are doing it legit like I did. I didn't take a chance on boosting since I didn't want to get caught by the mods for boosting and getting my account suspended, so be careful if you are boosting. The rest of the trophies are easy to moderate to get.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This was my hardest plat to get. If I based it on beating it on Elite alone, I'd say it was hard. The addition of the online trophies (especially the top 1 percent trophy) made the game nearly impossible (and I did this in 2009 during the games height).

Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

had to take a week off of work to get the top 1% next to DS2 for hardest trophy I have

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys"

Lvl 7 - Gold

5 VERY HARD

The online is a joke once you figure out how to 'game' the system. But the Elite playthroughs are tough. Several times you can get stuck at a checkpoint with a crappy gun and nearly unstoppable waves of enemies coming at you. Then there is the technical "DONT DIE EVAR" trophy, which was a nice addition to the format actually, but it is still a tricky one to earn especially against Radec.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This plat was very hard. The Elite Mode wasn't a big problem, since we have the great cover system, this mode just need patience, but the online part was the greatest difficult, the Valor Grand Cross especially. Is even more harder now due the low quantity of players, and the ones who play are the 24/7, so this turn the online difficulty extreme. Of course we can find booster partners that are always good options and make the things easier.
    JPR