38 Studios Apologizes for buggy demo

This is a discussion on 38 Studios Apologizes for buggy demo within the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning forum, part of the K; "Let me start by apologizing. The demo? Ya, it is way way WAYYYYY more buggy than anything ANYONE should ever ...

DON'T BLINK

38 Studios Apologizes for buggy demo

"Let me start by apologizing. The demo? Ya, it is way way WAYYYYY more buggy than anything ANYONE should ever release, much less a demo," Schilling wrote. He said that due to "the depth of breadth of a game that has anywhere from 40-50 hours (main quest line play) to 2-300 hours (for completionist)," it was inevitable there would be bugs. However, rather than releasing a demo with said inevitable issues, he argued with EA to not put out a demo at all. A fight that he said he's glad he lost.

38 Studios head Curt Schilling apologizes for 'buggy' Reckoning demo | Joystiq

Nope, nothing

At least they actually apologised for it, my only concern is if the bugs will still be there when the game comes out.

The developers do come across like they really care for the game so hopefully not

RPG Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    At least they actually apologised for it, my only concern is if the bugs will still be there when the game comes out.

The developers do come across like they really care for the game so hopefully not
    We do not know how long ago the demo was given the go ahead for release on the PSN Chambers. They could have given the demo to them 1-2 months ago which means that they could have fixed all the bugs in the retail version.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

DON'T BLINK

They have said on their forums that the bugs in the demo have been squashed for the final game. Like stated, it (the demo) was a 3 to 4 month old code of the game that has been since worked on for the main copy.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    They have said on their forums that the bugs in the demo have been squashed for the final game. Like stated, it (the demo) was a 3 to 4 month old code of the game that has been since worked on for the main copy.
    They also outsourced the demo to another company, and in trying to get the file size down to XBL and PSN requirements they had to take out a lot of things, like voice over and art, and that led to more bugs that weren't even in the original code they were given.

Lvl 7 - Gold

The build we got as a demo was pretty old. So I think most of the bugs should be gone.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Kiwi Defender

Here's hoping it doesn't turn out like Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    And EA still wanted the demo released? What the hell!

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

whta kinds of problems did everyone experience? i didnt have any while playing the demo

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    We do not know how long ago the demo was given the go ahead for release on the PSN Chambers. They could have given the demo to them 1-2 months ago which means that they could have fixed all the bugs in the retail version.
    Yeah we do, it was mention in another thread and Koimia just stated it again.

I didn't know they had said the bugs were fixed though.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post

They have a threat on Reckoning forum, where you can ask Developer a question and they will try to answer them all every other Wedensday