View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 4.76%
  • 2 - Easy

9 42.86%
  • 3 - Moderate

11 52.38%
  • 4 - Hard

0 0%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning forum, part of the K; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It's pretty easy, took me 80-90 hours, but that was going for every quest, you don't even need to do that for trophies. I'd guess that as long as you knew what you were doing and only did the main quest you only need 30 or so hours.

Most annoying part for me was the Green thumb, but you just need to re harvest everything 10 times each if your unsure which one you need.

Lorestones are pretty easy with Detect Hidden at level 10, there might be a few that are hidden away, but since they're split up in groups you can easily look it up to find out.

Lastly Hard mode isn't that hard, It might be hard for the first 20ish levels but once you get good skills and armor, and a basic understanding of the mechanics it's easy. Plus it's pretty easy to almost make yourself completely overpowered with making your own armor and gems.

So I'm basically putting moderate since it's somewhat annoying at times.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Moderate difficulty. 55 hours to Plat while doing almost all side quests.

Currently working on: Little Big Planet, Dragon Age 2 DLC, Outland, Borderlands 2

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

In terms of difficulty, 4/10 - the controls are very responsive and once you've figured out your playing style, hard becomes essentially normal. The armor and gem buffs can make you very strong, not invincible, but in many cases you will never need to touch a healing potion again.

The green thumb was the only annoying thing as I harvested more than 10 reagents (or so I thought) and couldn't figure out what I had missed. The Seawatch castle is a great place to farm these. Overall 50 hours of a lot of fun (with doing mostly every side quest possible).

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

This is an Easy platinum.

The lack of "hidden" trophies makes this even easier -- there are only two that aren't related to normal storyline progression and one of them is spectacularly easy to accomplish. As for the other, even Hard mode isn't all that hard.... if you Blacksmith yourself some good equipment, or Sagecraft gems to found equipment that have several gem slots you're probably set. Once you get the hang of the combat system and the equipment underneath yourself, you'll probably have to make an effort to get killed, even against bosses.

Green Thumb can be annoying, but it isn't like it's that hard to find most of what you need.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

The Last of Us

Easy

Might take a bit of time as all RPG's do though. Took me 46 hours in total.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Lvl 5 - Silver

Easy platinum, great game! I spent about 140 hours on this one, just having fun with it

PRO Member

I voted Moderate for the sole reason that one of the house of sorrows missions glitched on me. The game was great I did every side quest and it took 112 hours. Then an additional 8 hours to run back through mainstory mission to get back to the house of sorrows. Like I said, the game was great but the one thing that really bugged me was your character doesn't speak which gets boring in my opinion
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Dull Ember

I voted 3 moderate. I enjoyed playing this game particularly the combat and playing around with the different character builds and weapons. However I thought the trophy set was badly designed particularly the bronze trophies. 50 persuasions was tough considering there are only about 80 available also green thumb was a grind & streaker is the cheapest & stupidest trophy I've ever seen. A lot of the trophies seemed tacked on with no though or effort put into them.

The Temple of the King

Moderate. The game isn't that hard even on hard mode. There's a couple things that are rather annoying to do, but other than that, it's a piece of cake.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Easy. Not very easy because the beginning on hard is a bit tricky, especially when you play the game the first time and don't know where to go and how you can keep your (by default non regenerating) health high. The poisonous spiders were a pain in the ass at first. Apart from that it probably has the easiest hard mode I ever experienced. I had to check multiple times if the difficulty was still set to hard because it was so easy. Compared to other collectibles Lorestones were fairly easy. Those that you can't see outside using detect hidden 10 are usually quest related. You'll stumble upon them sooner or later. Green thumb took me about maybe 2-3 hours with a bit of googling to speed up the process. I collected everything at once and it really wasn't that hard to find places to farm the ingredients. I fucked up on the persuasion trophy and did an extra "speed run" for it. Took me approximately 5-8 hours using a list of known side quests that include persuasion options. It was actually quite fun because I had another chance to use a mage (I used warrior before) and I was level 18 when I reached Alabastra, all outside enemies where red labeled. I played that one on easy though. Entertaining game.

Forget I Was Ever Here

This game is relatively easy even on HARD nothing poses a problem just a little lengthy but that goes with the genre! Overall bad ass game and one I would consider one of the best of the year

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Easy but time consuming.

I love this games combat, but couldn't get into the story at all and sidequests very quickly become repetitive (go there, collect/kill things, return). Still playing through the DLC but wont be going back after

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I've voted on moderate because it's too boring.
    For the Green Thumb, the best way is at the start of the game, you make a list of the reagents and start marking each one you got.
    The Loremaster you don't even need to collect all the lorestones, you have to collect 200. You can collect the lorestones from the DLCs that they will count for the trophy. I've got mine with 180 lorestones and I still missing one.
    The hard mode is most easy with maybe a little challenge on the start.
    The problem is getting bored. All of the side quests are basically the same. As like some reviewers said, there are no memorable characters or quests. The game is time consuming, I've started making all of the side quests, it took me 80 hours to reach Alabastra, When I reached there, I've stopped making the quests and then it took me 1 hour to beat the game. The combat system is good, but it gets boring since the excesive amount of enemies.
    The worst part at all was when I've beat the game on hard (my first run). I've got the trophy for finishing the game, but the finish on hard trophy had a delay of a minute. During this long minute I've almost died because I would need to start again.
    JPR

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I voted moderate. Persuasion and Green Thumb trophies were both a pain. Otherwise just time consuming.

I love football season!

I voted Moderate on this one, since some of the trophies are time consuming to the point of being painful. Otherwise, not a bad game with plenty of story to keep me interested. I'm glad I got this with Playstation Plus, otherwise I probably would never had tried it.

iCard by pittsteeler36