Frustrated at poor trophy design

This is a discussion on Frustrated at poor trophy design within the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning forum, part of the K; I am 30 hours into this game and was enjoying it until I found out one of the hidden trophies ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Frustrated at poor trophy design

I am 30 hours into this game and was enjoying it until I found out one of the hidden trophies is for completion on hard setting. I was going through on normal. Why would they have a trophy like that hidden? Wasted 30 hours of gameplay. I do not see myself picking this game up again for a long time.

Currently working on: Little Big Planet, Dragon Age 2 DLC, Outland, Borderlands 2

On the edge

Is it that bad of a game for a second playthrough?

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ichris26 View Post
    Is it that bad of a game for a second playthrough?
    That's my question too. I kept reading all this stuff saying how the game would be extremely extensive and amazingly fun, but if you say you can't be arsed to replay it from scratch, I'm starting to have my doubts.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 6 - Silver

It's not like this is the first game in the history of PS3 that includes multiple difficulties to reward one for playing the game start-to-finish on its' highest setting.

If this discovery is this much of a killjoy to your playing experience, you probably weren't enjoying the game that much to begin with.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Harvester of Souls

Perhaps, next time read the trophy listing for these games and not assume you know the hidden trophies. Hell I love the game so far and I played through beginning on normal just to get a feel for it.. then started over anyways. Plan to probably play through again maybe just on easy, but just to ass around in the world. It's epic . If you play just for trophies, well that's your loss. Sorry. Btw, Clear as day there's a hard difficulty trophy in the Trophy Guide you could of checked out . Not saying it was there, but it was there.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

PRO Member

Ive heard only good things about the game but hes not complaining per se about the game but about the hidden trophy,

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    Perhaps, next time read the trophy listing for these games and not assume you know the hidden trophies. Hell I love the game so far and I played through beginning on normal just to get a feel for it.. then started over anyways. Plan to probably play through again maybe just on easy, but just to ass around in the world. It's epic . If you play just for trophies, well that's your loss. Sorry. Btw, Clear as day there's a hard difficulty trophy in the Trophy Guide you could of checked out . Not saying it was there, but it was there.
    ^^^ this, Sorry but this is the very reason why we have Trophy Lists up on this site. So you can see the Hidden Trophies and what you need to acquire them. Sorry but if you couldn't be assed to look it up. You shouldn't complaining about playing on hard as a hidden trophy either. The info is out there. You just didn't bother to look.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lord of all Goat-Men

And that's why you should start on Hard from the get-go

The Last of Us

I understand why he's pissed though...
    You usually only see trophies that would be spoilers hidden, not difficulty related ones.
    That does actually strike me as odd.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The trophy list was not up when I started the game. There was not a section on the forums even if I recall.(I may be mistaken) The game is great, it is just the wasted 30 hours that is annoying.

Edit: Apparently it was up, I just rushed into the game without checking it. My own fault than, however it is still unusual for a difficulty trophy to be hidden. Starting new playthrough now.

Currently working on: Little Big Planet, Dragon Age 2 DLC, Outland, Borderlands 2

Lvl 1 - Bronze

just do a hard speed run playthrough after your main enjoyable lesiurely normal campaign getting all the other trophies

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by crazyoldjay View Post
    just do a hard speed run playthrough after your main enjoyable lesiurely normal campaign getting all the other trophies

This. You only have to beat the main quest on hard, speed run that bitch!

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

The hard setting ain't really THAT hard, just have to play smart, thats all. You want to know whats hard? play ME2 on Insanity setting; THATS hard, lol!

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yea it does not seem very difficult so far. I plan on repurchasing ME2 once I finish the games I am currently working on. I look forward to the Insanity challenge in that game

Harvester of Souls

Glad to know you're replaying it and enjoying it . Just keep tons of potions stocked and take on smaller mobs and Hards a breeze really. Does suck about the trophy being hidden and I see alot of those hidden honestly. Agree they shouldn't and only spoiler ones should, but hey do anything about it so yeah.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Main story only can warrant an easy speed run and I think now that you've played it enough, it shouldn't be a challenge.

If you're a trophy hunter, and it seems like you are since you care about them like most of us, I do recommend waiting the one day or two to check out the trophy list. I know it sometimes doesn't work out from a timing perspective, but had you kept your eye on it being released online (this site or another), I'm sure this could've been avoided. Or at the very least, you would've lost a handful of hours of gameplay instead of 30+. At any rate, I will be having a 2nd playthrough due to a trophy, but as in your case, purely my the gamer's fault. I didn't go off the linear path to kill something 4 levels higher

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hard is really easy i've played for about 40 hours and only died a few times.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Is there a class you should pick on hard that wont make it so difficult? Ive been thinking of putting all my leveling up points on might and sorcery only and become a mage when I do it on Hard mode.

PRO Member

I probably would have done the same thing if it weren't for Colin Moriarty and Podcast Beyond.

Sig by Bladia