Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

KoA legend of kel with no trophies

This is a discussion on KoA legend of kel with no trophies within the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning forum, part of the K; Originally Posted by TerminalPhoenix It is a little disappointing that both 360 and PC versions have 5 trophies/achievements, yet the ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalPhoenix View Post
    It is a little disappointing that both 360 and PC versions have 5 trophies/achievements, yet the PS3 does not. With that being said, great DLC and I'm having fun playing it. Hope there's more on the horizon.
    I plan on picking this game up soon. Although a lack of trophies doesn't deter me from buying the DLC... it doesn't make sense to build achievements but not add trophies to the PS3 version.

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by babaganoosh08 View Post
    Look, I see what your saying and im just trying to help you understand. If you put the game in for the first time and got a platinum without even pushing a button, then yes, there is no challenge. Like GoW and the uber chests. They were there and challenge was set. But how many people would really accept that challenge unless they really loved the game, and if they did, they might not accept a challenge to get the 1000 hit combo chain because they see no reward. So by linking them 2 things together and 30 plus more you have a NEW challenge that was never in the original, to earn a platinum trophy. That is the challenge. Yes trophies are meaningless and the game would be the same without them but it must do something for people if there are small communities (like the site your on) of people that put a lot of time and effort into them. You might not see the additional challenge or get more out of games with trophies but i do. As im sure a lot of people who play for trophies do.
    Go look up 'incentive' in the dictionary, then come back and stop acting like an idiot.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

PRO Member

I too am a fan of the trophies. The new standard seems to be "Trophies included" on Games and DLC (well, at least, the majority of DLC). There really is no reason this particular DLC shouldn't have trophies since the xBox has Achievements though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    Go look up 'incentive' in the dictionary, then come back and stop acting like an idiot.
    Do you really need to go there?

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by bmj14772 View Post
    Do you really need to go there?
    Probably not...but the guy obviously isn't getting the point and/or is refusing to comprehend what platzreign is trying to explain to him.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 9 - Gold

Wow... so, I'd been waiting for the trophy issue to be fixed with this DLC before I started playing it. Now after seeing this thread, and going and reading on the official Reckoning forums that there were "issues" beyond 38/BHG's control that kept them from including trophies in the PS3 version, I feel really gypped. I bought the DLC fully expecting to get more trophies from playing it, especially as there were trophy lists all over the place. Now I find out there were no plans to include them at all. This is very disheartening. Since I doubt I can get a refund for DLC, I guess I'll just hang onto it until I find some downtime between playing other games (as content with no trophies is VERY low priority), and tread carefully with any future DLC. If the powers that be decide to continue screwing over PS3 gamers, then I will be forced to take my money elsewhere. And that makes me sad, because I really enjoyed KoA:R and its near complete lack of bugs I encountered, compared to Skyrim...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    oh i get what hes saying, and i respect him for having his own views. how am i being an idiot when im explaining what trophies mean to me. go look up ignorant then i might not think of you as an idiot
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Now now folks, let's not get into the name calling business. A debate is one thing, calling each other names doesn't make you win your argument. Just agree to disagree.

I for one think in some cases trophies are great in that they may give you direction to accomplish something you probably didn't know existed or didn't have a wish to do. RPGs are a great example; many a people may go about finishing the main story and a side quest here or there. At a certain point, they may lose interest or stop playing because a new game came out. Trophies, if well thought of, can push you in directions you may have not otherwise gone towards and can, as a result, give you a more fulfilling/complete experience.

In other cases, trophies can be extremely stupid and senseless, and most games have their share of them. KoA has talking to someone while not wearing any armor/clothes. And AC2 rewards you for essentially putting the disc in your console and watching yourself be born. But there are the ones that push you to be better, like the campaign/challenge maps in Arkham Asylum/City.

Would it be nice if this DLC had trophies? Yes. Does it ruin the overall experience? Not at all. Given that we are talking about only 5 potentially missed trophies, do we really care? This shouldn't affect your buying decision for the main game.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Microsoft are so much in shit this year of having no big exclusives games and they now go to the extreme of making these fucking deal to having achievements on DLC, but not Sony.

That is a 1001 reasons for me never to touch there console. I bet there next one will be like 360, having many tech problems when it comes out like the famous ring of death and overheat 360 had. There a no quality compagny!!!

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Someone needs a hug.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Harvester of Souls

^^ AGREED!! Lol.

I'm kinda happy about this now . Just got to enjoy for sake of enjoying it lol. Never know, might update for trophies later? No telling way things go these days.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12