Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KoA legend of kel with no trophies

This is a discussion on KoA legend of kel with no trophies within the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning forum, part of the K; Why wouldn't bethesda add trophies to a DLC? Sons o Bitches. What do ya reckoning? Wait for a price drop ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

KoA legend of kel with no trophies

Why wouldn't bethesda add trophies to a DLC? Sons o Bitches. What do ya reckoning? Wait for a price drop to get it?
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

Nope, nothing

Because it's not Bethesda's game?

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Because it's not Bethesda's game?
    how dare you point out a fact

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    how dare you point out a fact
    Lol sorry

On a more serious note, I have no idea why it doesn't have trophies, it's stupid.

Lvl 4 - Silver

LoooL sorry 38 studios. i had just read the skyrim dlc post and had bethesda on the brain
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Lol sorry

On a more serious note, I have no idea why it doesn't have trophies, it's stupid.
    all dlc should have trophies at this point seeing as how every game is required to have trophies

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    all dlc should have trophies at this point seeing as how every game is required to have trophies
    Actually only games are required to have trophies. DLC and Add Ons are not. There is no maditory requirement for DLC to have trophies. Just most developers add them anyway.

on a side note: I've never understood the whole. If it doesn't have trophies. Is it worth getting thing. Maybe it's because I'm old. And played games long before trophies or achievements were ever thought up. But if you liked the game and the story. And you think you'll like the dlc. Buy it, play it, because in the end. Trophies are virtually meaningless anyway. It's not like it having trophies. Is going to magically make the game or dlc better or worse.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    on a side note: I've never understood the whole. If it doesn't have trophies. Is it worth getting thing. Maybe it's because I'm old. And played games long before trophies or achievements were ever thought up. But if you liked the game and the story. And you think you'll like the dlc. Buy it, play it, because in the end. Trophies are virtually meaningless anyway. It's not like it having trophies. Is going to magically make the game or dlc better or worse.
    I'm with you on this, although stuff having trophies gives people incentive to purchase it.

Oh and the 360 version of the DLC has achievements

Platinum Dohvakiin

I'm with you on this, although stuff having trophies gives people incentive to purchase it.

Oh and the 360 version of the DLC has achievements
    I get the whole incentive thing. I just think people put way too much importance on Trophies and Achievements. To be honest.
    And of course the 360 does. I wonder if they paid for them though..... ........ sarcasm

PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Actually only games are required to have trophies. DLC and Add Ons are not. There is no maditory requirement for DLC to have trophies. Just most developers add them anyway.

i wasnt saying dlc was required to have trophies, just that it should since all games have trophies why shouldnt dlc have trophies as well. clearly its not required but most dlc has trophies so everything should be uniform

Lvl 4 - Silver

trophies allow me to explore every corner of the game. and its fun to have a list of mini challenges. and if it dont have a mini challenge list then i really dont see the challenge in games anymore. except for Rock Bands ect. i really couldn't plat one to save the known universe. oh and what chambers just said i just found that out too so it sucks even more now
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by babaganoosh08 View Post
    trophies allow me to explore every corner of the game. and its fun to have a list of mini challenges. and if it dont have a mini challenge list then i really dont see the challenge in games anymore. except for Rock Bands ect. i really couldn't plat one to save the known universe. oh and what chambers just said i just found that out too so it sucks even more now
    Trophies do not allow you to explore. Nor do they create a challenge for you. The Exploration and Challenges are already built into the game/dlc. Now the trophies may give a person, an incentive to complete or do those things. But they are not there, because a trophy says they. They've always been there.
    I'm not trying to argue with you. I understand why you want the dlc to have trophies. Because it gives you an incentive to play it. But a trophy doesn't allow you or creates anything for you in a game or dlc. Except maybe a headache sometimes.

PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

PRO Member

I certainly prefer DLC to have trophies, but a lack of the isn't going to stop me from purchasing it for a game that I really like. I'm a completionist by nature; trophies just reward my perseverance. For example, there was no trophy in Skyrim for collecting all of the Dragon Masks, but I still did. I wish that there was a trophy, but that didn't stop me.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Trophies do not allow you to explore. Nor do they create a challenge for you. The Exploration and Challenges are already built into the game/dlc. Now the trophies may give a person, an incentive to complete or do those things. But they are not there, because a trophy says they. They've always been there.
    I'm not trying to argue with you. I understand why you want the dlc to have trophies. Because it gives you an incentive to play it. But a trophy doesn't allow you or creates anything for you in a game or dlc. Except maybe a headache sometimes.
    Ok first. I don't find games that challenging in the first place. so they do add some form of extra challenge in collecting all of the trophies anyway.

Second. They DO allow me to explore the entire game because with things like collect x amount of items trophies. they great for bonuses that may be given by doing said trophy. Before trophies, I would not waste time with things like that but for my way of playing, trophies have given me a lot more out of games. Fallout games are great examples of what im talking about
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by babaganoosh08 View Post
    Ok first. I don't find games that challenging in the first place. so they do add some form of extra challenge in collecting all of the trophies anyway.

Second. They DO allow me to explore the entire game because with things like collect x amount of items trophies. they great for bonuses that may be given by doing said trophy. Before trophies, I would not waste time with things like that but for my way of playing, trophies have given me a lot more out of games. Fallout games are great examples of what im talking about
    No they don't. The fact is. All that stuff was already in the game to begin with. You just didn't want to do them. The only thing a trophy does. Is give you an incentive to do whatever that trophy asks for. But that trophy doesn't allow or creates the opportunity for those things to be done. The only difference between games with trophies and games without them is. Now you have a incentive to explore or collect or kill X amount of enemies. But all that stuff was in the game already.
    It's like the GoW Games. The Trophies didn't create the challenge of getting all the Uber Chests. Nor did it create the challenge of beating the game on Titan. All that stuff was in the PS2 version. The trophies in the HD remakes just gives you more of a reason to do all of those things. And still you do it because You WANT to. Because you want the trophy. Not because a trophy created or allows you to do it. When on the PS2 version. Someone would do it just because or for shitz-n-giggles.

PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Lvl 4 - Silver

No they don't. The fact is. All that stuff was already in the game to begin with. You just didn't want to do them. The only thing a trophy does. Is give you an incentive to do whatever that trophy asks for. But that trophy doesn't allow or creates the opportunity for those things to be done. The only difference between games with trophies and games without them is. Now you have a incentive to explore or collect or kill X amount of enemies. But all that stuff was in the game already.
    It's like the GoW Games. The Trophies didn't create the challenge of getting all the Uber Chests. Nor did it create the challenge of beating the game on Titan. All that stuff was in the PS2 version. The trophies in the HD remakes just gives you more of a reason to do all of those things. And still you do it because You WANT to. Because you want the trophy. Not because a trophy created or allows you to do it. When on the PS2 version. Someone would do it just because or for shitz-n-giggles.
    Look, I see what your saying and im just trying to help you understand. If you put the game in for the first time and got a platinum without even pushing a button, then yes, there is no challenge. Like GoW and the uber chests. They were there and challenge was set. But how many people would really accept that challenge unless they really loved the game, and if they did, they might not accept a challenge to get the 1000 hit combo chain because they see no reward. So by linking them 2 things together and 30 plus more you have a NEW challenge that was never in the original, to earn a platinum trophy. That is the challenge. Yes trophies are meaningless and the game would be the same without them but it must do something for people if there are small communities (like the site your on) of people that put a lot of time and effort into them. You might not see the additional challenge or get more out of games with trophies but i do. As im sure a lot of people who play for trophies do.
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

It is a little disappointing that both 360 and PC versions have 5 trophies/achievements, yet the PS3 does not. With that being said, great DLC and I'm having fun playing it. Hope there's more on the horizon.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Harvester of Souls

Was sure it would have some trophies when was reading PC achievements, but no matter . Still gonna pick it up to play and go take on that new section. least when put away Warriors Orochi haha

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

****** of The AG

The dlc is fun regardless of trophies or not. I went to dead kel island at lvl 11 by the time I finished everything on the island I left I was lvl 25 the island is fun I finished everything except master of th keep although every time I sit on my throne now it says there is no quest available
    Leader of The American Gamers Clan

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

I just finished the dlc and I have to say there was plenty to do here. Worth the money and the beauty is that you will have fun playing it whether you're a low level or a high level character. Don't let the lack of trophies deter you from getting the DLC, you will enjoy it.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast