Is anyone feeling a bit... dissapointed about this game?

This is a discussion on Is anyone feeling a bit... dissapointed about this game? within the L.A. Noire forum, part of the L; When I started playing it, I was like "Wow, I'm feeling like Hercule Poirot, I'm going to investigate crimes and ...

On a Paradise

Is anyone feeling a bit... dissapointed about this game?

When I started playing it, I was like "Wow, I'm feeling like Hercule Poirot, I'm going to investigate crimes and find the assassin", and then... when I must choose the culprit, it doesn't matters what guy you choose, because there's a serial killer that made it, then you start shooting and following a guy or two, and it's done...
    Well, I enjoyed a lot some parts of the game, but I felt really dissapointed in the 65% of it...
    What do you think?

Awesome avy & sig made by In2
    Rep him if you like them!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I wouldn't say I was disappointed with the game. I enjoyed it for the most part during my initial playthrough. Replaying the cases though, that became incredibly dull for me. I'm glad I beat the game, but I don't think I'll ever go back and 5 star whatever cases I need. I just don't think L.A. Noire is a game meant for that kind of replayability.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Change is mediocre

I loved it. Thought it was one of the bests from Rockstar. To each their own though.

Closing this account

I was hoping since it was a Rockstar game, I could Free Roam before completing any cases. The story has it good and bad spots, quite easy to play. It's kinda educational in a way.

True Templar

I hoped for more free roam as well.. but i enjoied it a great deal anyway... did have abreak fro about a 8-9 month before completing all the cases with a 5 star rating.

Platted it last week.. now its shelved for some time. need some dlc trophies for 100%

Assassin's Creed II - Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD - Heavy Rain - L.A. Noire -
    Red Dead Redemption - Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

Lvl 6 - Silver

Im enjoying it but the truth, doubt or lie thing does annoy me sometimes when you know there lying but have no evidence that directly contradicts that, just circumstantial evidence and witness accounts that arent put into the evidence list.

However it does have great plots and stories in it

PRO Member

Yes.
    Cover and Collision system isn't perfect. Guessing Doubt/Lie seems to be random and when you follow through with what evidence I present the flow is sometimes illogical. Having to drive everywhere carefully in case you rack up to many penalties that drop you from a 5 to 4 star on a case annoying. some of the cases are nonsense, some are exceptionally good.

and look I'm a detective let me got pick up that bloody knife with my bear hands, did we not have finger prints in olden days?

still worth playing though.
    smoke me a kipper I'll be back for Breakfast

Lvl 7 - Gold

It is a bit slow at times and it is a type of game i haven't really played before.

But i loved it, i prefer it over the Max Payne series.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

PRO Member

One of the best games I've ever played. If you really enjoy videogames regardless of genre then you have to play this.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Hm, quite odd~ LA Noire was one of my favorite games to Plat [one of] ...only missing one of the DLC cases though, and missed a couple trophies in one of the other DLC. Shucks be damned! That said, I do hope that if they DO a sequel [really hoping, want to find out just what happened to Cole after 'the end'...] that they fix some problems and add a bit more free-roam and side mission stuff.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Yes, it was a little dissapointing. I felt it needed more focus towards a streamlined enviroment,, it got repetitive after the first half of the game and much of that came down to needless padding. Driving, in particular, was a bit of a chore nearly all of the time.

Some truly brilliant aspects to it though, the facial animation was amazing to watch and picking up clues to a crime was engrossing for the most part. unfortunately, variety is not the games strong point, running after that crook, asking those kind of questions, driving past that bland mapped LA area, over and over takes it's toll before you even come close to the ending. The Story was pretty good but the ending was easy to spot after Red Dead's switcheroo.

It's one of those games that actually needs a sequel to hone and perfect the formula, It would be one hell of a game then.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I just think the game needs some more things to free roam. I really liked the cases, driving, shoot outs though.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SoS-kryyptyyk View Post
    Hm, quite odd~ LA Noire was one of my favorite games to Plat [one of] ...only missing one of the DLC cases though, and missed a couple trophies in one of the other DLC. Shucks be damned! That said, I do hope that if they DO a sequel [really hoping, want to find out just what happened to Cole after 'the end'...] that they fix some problems and add a bit more free-roam and side mission stuff.
    *Spoiler for ending of LA Noire*

Toggle Spoiler

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think this game was almost perfect, but it needed more DLC. I think why I loved it so much, is I love to watch the old 40s Film Noirs. Since the positive reaction to this genre, I hope there will be more to come and I believe this has to be a top five Rockstar game.

Toggle Spoiler

Editorial Team

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    I loved it. Thought it was one of the bests from Rockstar. To each their own though.
    Loved it aswell. Great game, great story. I enjoyed every bit of the game. Still need to get the DLC for the 100%.
    And if you're bored with driving, let your partner drive. Especially during cases to avoid any extra damage

This has to be one of Rockstar's best!
    Working on: The next platinum trophy!
    come join the stream:
    http://www.twitch.tv/neospoon

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanes8 View Post
    I think this game was almost perfect, but it needed more DLC. I think why I loved it so much, is I love to watch the old 40s Film Noirs. Since the positive reaction to this genre, I hope there will be more to come and I believe this has to be a top five Rockstar game.
    I think the actual number of DLC was par for the course, but they were a bit on the short site. Perhaps if they would've added additional 'desks' it would've been a bit better. I think the DLC were relatively cheap, though, iirc.