Continuing on a higher difficulty

This is a discussion on Continuing on a higher difficulty within the Last of Us, The forum, part of the L; Hello, New to PS3 so I could use some help. If this post is in the wrong place, I apologize. ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Continuing on a higher difficulty

Hello,

New to PS3 so I could use some help. If this post is in the wrong place, I apologize.

I finished the game on normal, and I really enjoyed it. I want to get the achievement, For Emergencies Only.
    Is it possible to start a new game on hard difficulty and keep the previous games gun upgrades? If so can someone explain how I do this?
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, keep in mind that i'm a super noob.

Regards,
    Noob

Still the Chocobo

If I recall correctly, when you beat the game on HARD, you unlock HARD + & SURVIVOR. You can start the new game plus on HARD and change it to SURVIVOR to up the difficulty but still continue from what you had from your first playthrough. I don't know if the same applies for lower difficulties.

Try starting NORMAL + and then in the options, see if you can change the difficulty to HARD. Hopefully this helps.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thanx for the reply, I never noticed the Normal + before. I guess i'll have to play until I unlock more difficulties, which isn't a problem coz the game is awesome! I'll also try changing it to the Hard level.

Thank you for the help! Soon i'll be able to try the survivor difficulty

Still the Chocobo

No problem. We're all here to discuss or help.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

member since Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Hall_Of_Game View Post
    If I recall correctly, when you beat the game on HARD, you unlock HARD + & SURVIVOR. You can start the new game plus on HARD and change it to SURVIVOR to up the difficulty but still continue from what you had from your first playthrough. I don't know if the same applies for lower difficulties.

Try starting NORMAL + and then in the options, see if you can change the difficulty to HARD. Hopefully this helps.
    Survivor unlocks after completing any difficulty.

Do what Hall of Game says about starting a new game plus. Complete chapter 1 (Hometown) and pause and save the game at the start of chapter 2 and quit to main menu. Choose chapter select and start with Chapter 1 again and change the difficulty to survivor. Make sure you find as many parts as you can.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by fillabong View Post
    Survivor unlocks after completing any difficulty.

Do what Hall of Game says about starting a new game plus. Complete chapter 1 (Hometown) and pause and save the game at the start of chapter 2 and quit to main menu. Choose chapter select and start with Chapter 1 again and change the difficulty to survivor. Make sure you find as many parts as you can.
    Thanx for the tip! I just finished hometown, and taking a small break. I'm going to swop the difficulty to hard then survivor after that. Will try you're tip once I get the hang of harder difficulties. Thanx for the help

Trophy Guide Kitten

If you are going to do the survival + glitch as mentioned above, it is said to delete the patch first, if you have downloaded it though.

The Last of Us Trophy Guide - PS3 Trophies Forum
    this can answer a lot of your questions.
    K? Thanks

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Compalicious View Post
    If you are going to do the survival + glitch as mentioned above, it is said to delete the patch first, if you have downloaded it though.

The Last of Us Trophy Guide - PS3 Trophies Forum
    this can answer a lot of your questions.
    Thanx for the info, guess I won't try that out then. I'll get there eventually

Trophy Guide Kitten

See, I don't want to suggest trying it with the patch, cause some people say it works with the patch. On the same hand, some say it doesn't. The glitch is just so you dont need that extra run, but if you dont mind it, and really enjoy the game, then dont even worry
    K? Thanks