The Last of Us is "Not A Zombie Game"..

This is a discussion on The Last of Us is "Not A Zombie Game".. within the Last of Us, The forum, part of the L; Well I already knew that by putting two & two together but for those that are wondering this game won't ...

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

The Last of Us is "Not A Zombie Game"..

Well I already knew that by putting two & two together but for those that are wondering this game won't even be a survival horror game but more of a story telling love type of thing between a father & daughter.

The Last Of Us is ‘not a zombie game’ – Naughty Dog « BeefJack - The Gamer's Sauce

Toggle Spoiler

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 7 - Gold

I hope it's good father/daughter love, not bad father/daughter love.

PRO Member

It actually makes it more interesting that its not "another zombie survival game"

Lvl 7 - Gold

Doom thought that the trailer made it fairly obvious that it had little to almost nothing to do with the Walking Dead.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Identity Overload

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHorror View Post

In the trailer you could see "zombie" like creatures, but it was easy to spot that they are enemies and not the main central point. Naughty Dog is a great story telling developer and it would be under them to do another run of the mill survival horror game

Sig by Prosthetic | Platbar by In2 | Avatar by Alison

Carpe Diem

What are the odds that the dad dies in his daughters arms and the final scene is the girl walking off into the distance...

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Grandmasterpiece

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    What are the odds that the dad dies in his daughters arms and the final scene is the girl walking off into the distance...
    That would actually be an awesome ending.

And for the whole "non-zombie" thing, that's good, as I tend to ignore most zombie games nowadays.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Prayer Warrior

i for one am glad it's NOT another zombie survival horror game. they are getting played out cause everyone is doing them. this game will be awesome and i can't wait.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i for one am glad it's NOT another zombie survival horror game. they are getting played out cause everyone is doing them. this game will be awesome and i can't wait.
    Same here. It's like every other game has to in some way involve zombies.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Roo Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    Yeah same, it's getting old fast. I just want to know when this is going to be released so I can go and get it.

PRO Member

well this is good news now i just hope that this game's got co-op because that way maybe i can talk my friend into buying it he's not a big fan of horror games so this is should help convince him to get it,.. now i just need a bit of gameplay and im sold

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

this is good new. im tired of zombie based games. fuck the living dead

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Hidden Saint

I'm tired of zombie games too. Can't see them more

I'm so exciting about this game! I can't wait to see more.

deviantART
    Check pieces I do on Photoshop

Thunder's Checklist
    Make your opinion about my checklist

The Thundercloud
    Request me some art [closed by now]

Avatar and signature by apokolypz
    Platinum bar by me, request on my shop

PRO Member

The more I read about this the more I am hopeful this game will be good. ND seems to get the fact that post-apocalyptia of this sort has become boring and derivative as dystopian fiction in general has become so cliche because the market has become so fucking over-saturated with the stuff.

I am happy that ND is coming out, not holding back any punches, and seems to be sticking to their guns that this is a story about the two people in it.

I still have my reservations because, unlike Uncharted, the setting for this game is not going to be capable of pushing the plot at all (since we don't actually see the "before" picture). Perhaps thats the point though, the one thing this setting does give them is the chance to really highlight the characters and their development.

If ND can pull this game off, they will garner a new level of respect from me and may actually usurp Valve atop my list (maybe).
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHorror View Post
    the article actually says "father-daughter-like" love, which may not be the same thing as father-daughter love. i wonder if it will be an uncle or dead dad's best friend or something.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think a more intense one would be both of the dying and then its just like this fade out with soft music then everyone would be like WTF MAN! I just went through all that and they die! Just a big ole'

Call of Duty: MW2, Fallout 3, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Call of Duty World at War, Red Dead Redemption
    Medal of Honor, Call of Duty Black Ops, Burnout Paradise, Uncharted 2 Among Theives, MAG, Little Big Planet
    Little Big Planet 2, InFamous, Dead Nation, Borderlands, Battlefield 3, Assassins Creed 2, Skyrim, InFamous 2
    Saints Row: The Third, Skylanders Spyro's Adventure

Retired TGT Member

the original poster said father and daughter, but i have not yet seen an article or video that says/shows they are father and daughter. so why are people harping on this?
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 12-20-2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: quoted the wrong guy

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Good. ND are fantastic story tellers, and work wonders with character relationships, I like the fact that they're exploring one that's different to the either romantically involved, or father-son like relationships they did with uncharted. Looking forward to this!

Ghost Assassin

I'm very much looking forward to this game.