FFXIII-3's Ultimate Box Edition

This is a discussion on FFXIII-3's Ultimate Box Edition within the Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII forum, part of the L; Here's a picture of the Ultimate Box Edition: A limited Ultimate Box edition of Lightning: Returns: Final Fantasy XIII has ...

Plats-O'-War!!

FFXIII-3's Ultimate Box Edition

Here's a picture of the Ultimate Box Edition:

A limited Ultimate Box edition of Lightning: Returns: Final Fantasy XIII has been announced for Japan, and the box art for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game has been revealed.The collection includes all three games in the Lightning series, a play arts figurine of Lightning, a copy of theLightning Returns soundtrack, a set of artwork from the game, and a collection of disk art from all three games. Itís available to pre-order from the Square Enix store now priced at 26,000 Yen.
    You can check out the standard box art for both versions of the game below (via AGB). Earlier today Square Enix announced that Lightning Returns will release February 11, 2014 in North America and February 14, 2013 in Europe.
    Source:
    Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Ultimate Box Announced, Box Art Revealed | EGMNOW

Kiwi Defender

Not a bad collection, except pretty much everyone owns two of those games already.

I'm positive they'll release a dumbed-down version overseas that contains the soundtrack and the artwork, but I doubt they'd bring the whole thing or the PlayArts figure.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Editor in Chief - Editorials

I wouldn't mind a regular trilogy release. As long as it was reasonably priced I'd probably pick it up.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Not a bad collection, except pretty much everyone owns two of those games already.

I'm positive they'll release a dumbed-down version overseas that contains the soundtrack and the artwork, but I doubt they'd bring the whole thing or the PlayArts figure.
    I agree. But, this could work for those who never played any of the games. And, I'm betting that it will be a watered down version of this. Either way, this set looks damn good.

Galaxy beauty pirate

Looks pretty awesome! Would love to have the ultimate box edition in my collection.
    Sig by Ramon

PRO Member

26000 Yen is more than 200€, I think I'll pass

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post

The thing is Nag most of the people who will buy this edition are never going to actually play the game disks. A good portion won't even take the plastic off.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Lvl 6 - Silver

This collection looks really good. I might get it if it is released in EU, though it depends on the price.
    Thanks to xEl_Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    The thing is most of the people who will buy this edition are never going to actually play the game disks.
    That's a smart move...I wish I'd never played FFXIII.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I would gladly buy this, but sadly, I don't think this will ever come to North America. I would settle for the Play Arts figure, soundtrack and artbook though.