Tip for Boosting Plays

This is a discussion on Tip for Boosting Plays within the LittleBigPlanet 2 forum, part of the L; Hi all, I wanted to share a tip I discovered for how to boost your play count and get "50 ...

PRO Member

Tip for Boosting Plays

Hi all, I wanted to share a tip I discovered for how to boost your play count and get "50 Unique Players" . The P4P thread is nice, and it got me about halfway there, but there is a faster way. The key is to take advantage of the flawed "Dive In" option.

Steps:
    1) Go to Community -> Cool Levels
    2) Pick a popular, short level. I recommend playing it all the way through, especially if you do not yet have "U Know U a Playa"
    3) After you are back in the pod menu, wait for a minute. You should receive a request from a player to join you. Playing a community level puts you in the "candidate pool," so you have a chance of being selected as the host when someone chooses "Dive In." Since Dive In seems to only select hosts who are in the pod rather than playing a level, that is where you need to be.
    4a) If you receive a join request, accept it. Immediately go to your level that needs plays, and start loading it. Ideally the player should join you a few seconds before the level starts. If your level is tiny, wait to load it until after the player joins. Even if the player wants to leave, it takes 10 seconds to do so, and the process cancels if the level finishes loading before those 10 seconds are up - keep this in mind. Go to step 5.
    4b) If you do not receive a join request within a minute or two, try playing a different community "cool level." It should be one that has lots of people playing it at the moment. Go to step 3.
    5) Play your level, and you should be one step closer to the . If you are trying to boost your play count on multiple levels (or if you have multiple accounts), you can keep going, but in many cases the player will leave fairly quickly. You can also kick them once you are done, and start fishing for another player.

I found that this works pretty well as long as you pick a busy community level. Sometimes, you'll even get daisy-chains of several players joining you at once. It only took me a couple hours to get the additional 20-25 plays I needed to get the , though I'm sure you can do it even faster if your level loading time is short and you really get it down. Good luck!
    Currently working on: Jak 3

Platinums (25): 3D Dot Game Heroes, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

News Team

I'll have to try this, thanks for the tip.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I hope this works I need 49 more plays! Thanks a lot at any rate!

The One and Only

That's a pretty good tip. Thanks.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 4 - Silver

Thank you very much, trying it out tomorrow evening!

News Team

It does work albeit slowly at first, though I now only need 9 more plays!
    Last edited by vettes_4-ever; 10-30-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Toggle Spoiler

Possessed

People tend to dislike it when you do this, but I thought of the same idea and have been doing it for a while. Working good! Only 17 more!
    Thanks to Ramonalicious for the sig.

PRO Member

Well yeah, but at least you are playing levels when they dive in, instead of hanging out in your pod like most people seem to do when you join their game...
    Currently working on: Jak 3

Platinums (25): 3D Dot Game Heroes, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Lvl 6 - Silver

Thanks man, I'll give this a go, but hopefully the P4P thread will come good too
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Zip Zop, Zoobity Bop!

For my #50 I had to resort in using another account on my system...