Insanity run, how to?

This is a discussion on Insanity run, how to? within the Mass Effect 2 forum, part of the M; Hi guys, I just finished ME2, and this is the save I want to transfer to ME3. I just need ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Insanity run, how to?

Hi guys,

I just finished ME2, and this is the save I want to transfer to ME3.

I just need to finish ME2 on insanity now, I was thinking NG+, because of the bonusess, but how do go about it? does it overwrite my save games from the first playthrough which I want to transfer to ME3, or does it create a new save, where i can choose which one to transfer to ME3?

Regards

illegal in 9 countries

NG+ creates a new career.

You can only transfer a character who has finished the game. Your NG+ run will need to be completed to transfer that career.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    NG+ creates a new career.

You can only transfer a character who has finished the game. Your NG+ run will need to be completed to transfer that career.
    When you start a NG+ it creates another save file separate from the one you used to make it, so even if you wanna start mass effect 3 halfway through insanity your still able to.

I just recently finished insanity on NG+ and in the begining before you have many upgrades it can be very frustrating. Id recomend having a guide of all the upgrades so you can get some of the important ones as soon as possible. As for which class to choose i did Soldier for a few reasons, they have sniper rifles, adrenaline rush when fully upgraded give 50% damage reduction, and they have plenty of different guns so its harder to run out of ammo.

And heres just few random tips:
    - Slam is a very useful loyatly ability, it doesnt do much damage and can only be used when enemies shield/armor/barriers are down but it can used as a CC
    - As long as you have the trophy for the characters loyaltly you can use to tech lab to switch to their loyaly power at any time, regardless of if their loyal or in your party.
    - Grunt is a very great party member, he has a ton of health and armor, a loyalty ability that lets him take more damage, and 2 unique health upgrades. he is a tank use him to you advantage.
    - On levels filled with collectors like Horizon, Collecter Ship, and the final level, Warp ammo becomes VERY useful since they all start with barrier.
    - On Grunt's recruitment mission on the last room the way to do it is to start the room and exit back out the door, wait until all 4 krogan come at you and are dead become you go after the heavy mech and then finally the boss. (took me 4 hours to learn that)

Hopefully this helps, and good luck you gonna need it

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I honestly spent 25 hours trying to beat it on NG+ and got to the collector ship(the downed one). Was stuck for so long that when I tried months later, found it was corrupted, so just did a fres brand new game on insanity. o.o" it took me about 19 hours to finish. Plus honestly the game was a little easier in the long run. Only the first 3 or 4 missions were tricy cuz your powers are limited, but since your lvl was lower enemies were much easier to deal with. I didn't do any loyalty missions excet as needed o progress the story. Aka samara, jacob, ect. Easy ones.

Beyond that, just stay in cover and conserve ammo as needed. Also might already know but if ou di, make sure squade mates have the weapons you want themt o have. I used Garrus and Mirranda almost all the time ad ever time you die, garrus goes back to the AR, so had to switch him back to snipper every time(I forgot about it the first few hours so pointing it out so you don't mke the same mistake