Quick question about insanity

This is a discussion on Quick question about insanity within the Mass Effect 2 forum, part of the M; Just wondering if i can make a manual save, just focus on finishing the game on insanity without doing too ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quick question about insanity

Just wondering if i can make a manual save, just focus on finishing the game on insanity without doing too many loyalty missions etc, even if shepherd dies etc, then revert back to the manual save lower the difficulty and continue properly

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm not quite sure what you are asking.
    If you want to finish the game on Insanity with a minimun required playtime, then yes, you can do that. I finished it on Insanity yesterday, with full crew (including Zaeed and Kasumi) and none of them loyal. Only 3 of the crew survived, so my Shepherd lived, but I read that even without Shepherd you will get the trophy.

If, after you got the trophy, you want to go back to an earlier save and continue on a lower difficulty, then also yes, that is possible. If that is early in the game, you could consider starting a New Game +, though.

Apparently there is a glitch that causes your Insanity run to become invalid (for the trophy) if you even load a game on a lower difficulty, even if it's from another career or character. I have not tested this myself, so I can't say if this glitch is still present. But maybe best to not play around with other difficulties while you are still on your Insanity run.