View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 2.04%
  • 2 - Easy

4 8.16%
  • 3 - Moderate

30 61.22%
  • 4 - Hard

13 26.53%
  • 5 - Very Hard

1 2.04%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Mass Effect 2 forum, part of the M; 4 - Hard .... and that's because there isn't a 3.5 I could vote for. For someone like me who ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

4 - Hard .... and that's because there isn't a 3.5 I could vote for. For someone like me who hasn't played anything resembling a shooter since the original Castle Wolfenstein 3D (some 15-odd years ago at that), I don't have the skills developed that would make this game significantly easier. Insanity was a trial because I had to stop and think about every little thing instead of doing it based on instinct.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

A plat a month!

I voted 3 - moderate. There were a few missions on the Insanity difficulty setting at the beginning that presented somewhat of a challenge. The two missions I had a little trouble with on Insanity were Recruit: Archangel and Horizon. Otherwise the Insanity missions weren't difficult. Also all other trophies were easy.

PRO Member

Voted Moderate. Insanity is not really as hard as it sounds. Only a few places did I have to replay a few times. Utilizing cover and your powers works to your benefit. The Sniper rifle works wonders once you get the headshot upgrade. The most annoying parts were with the husk.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Team Dingleberry

I voted Moderate. Nothing on Insanity took me more than a couple tries. The majority of my deaths were due to annoyances with the cover system, like Shepard sometimes standing up to change weapons, or getting knocked out of cover by an explosion, or vaulting over cover instead of standing up from it.

My loadout was pretty consistent for the entire game. I picked Soldier, and grabbed Warp Ammo immediately as my bonus power. I primarily used the Mattock rifle and Adrenaline Rush.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Hard, for the simple fact that insanity mode drove me insane great game to plat though

Trophies soon.

3 Moderate. I almost voted easy as even insanity was mostly easy. Only a few spots were a little tough but just cover and hide and thats it really. This was only moderate because some of those loyalty missions could be failed and is a time conusming plat but nothing too long.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

3 - Moderate

Aside from Insanity, I would have voted Hard, but it wasn't too bad, just cover and watch your health/team mates. Insanity did progress easier in the second half after Horizon. (Used Fresh Level 1 Sentinel)

Lvl 6 - Silver

3- Moderate

I'd like to throw in my two cents on completing Insanity. I opted for the the 2 playthru method and decided i would new game + Insanity mode with my level 28 Sentinel. That however was a bad idea, because I couldn't even make it past recruiting Mordin Solus. Carrying over a lot of your upgrades but NOT your upgraded guns due to a bug was a deal-breaker for me. So after reading up more about Insanity mode, I decided I would try starting fresh with a Soldier class. LEAPS AND BOUNDS EASIER!

Still glad I did two playthrus tho. I know that made getting 'No One Left Behind' much easier. There were certain missions I DID NOT want to do on Insanity. Like fight the Thresher Maw or Legion's loyalty mission with all the Geth Hunters that rush you. Adrenaline Rush + Sniper Rifle + Barrier = Win.
    Last edited by Splee009; 07-23-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Id give it a 2 or 3. Only cuz I wasted 20 hours trying insanity on ng+ with fully maxed out characters, only t finish insanity on ng in about 21 hours ><. Anyway nothing too difficult. Only tricky parts were insanity down reaper vessel and shadow broker on hardcore trying to crack the door into the base.

Note: I have the "platinum" on the 360 version, so I'm not too sure if that allows me to give my input. If not sorry and ill undo post

Lvl 1 - Bronze

hard coz i didn't upgrade my armer nor my wapens(and only did 3 loyalty missions) on my insanity playtrough. Beat the boss with extreme luck. spamming viper. rpg's aren't really my thing.

Platinum Procrastinator

I voted moderate only because of a few sections while playing on insanity. However, the hardest parts of the game were from the DLC on insanity in my opinion.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12