View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 2.04%
  • 2 - Easy

4 8.16%
  • 3 - Moderate

30 61.22%
  • 4 - Hard

13 26.53%
  • 5 - Very Hard

1 2.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Mass Effect 2 forum, part of the M; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

PRO Member

I'm going to vote Hard just for the sake of the Insanity run. The first few missions on Insanity gave me nightmares. Other than that, nothing was too bad.

Retired TGT Member

4 - Hard. A few missions were really tough on Insanity mode. What an AMAZING game this was though. Truly phenomenal. A little long, but none of it felt like grinding. Gotta love the Revenant though

Kiwi Defender

If it wasn't for Insanity, it'd be Easy, otherwise, I found it moderate.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

2 - Easy

I went through Insanity on my first run, and somewhat expected to get my butt handed too me. I didn't and it really wasn't all that hard as long as used my armor and used the cover. I never really had any points in the game in which I felt extremely challenged and none of the trophies required too much deviation from the plot, and often contributed substantially to the story. This is almost a moderate, but being that there isn't anything that requires a lot of effort, I give it an Easy.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 6 - Silver

Moderate - Even though i didn't got a chance to plat this i still find this pretty easy but when Insanity is the difficulty the enemies got really smart and really hard..

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I found Insanity to be hard for about three missions. After that I figured out that going slow worked really well. I started a new character for that play through, instead of carrying mine over, so that may have upped the difficultly a little.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by otter1043 View Post
    I found Insanity to be hard for about three missions. After that I figured out that going slow worked really well. I started a new character for that play through, instead of carrying mine over, so that may have upped the difficultly a little.
    Actually starting fresh makes the Insanity Run easier, some would say, since the computer AI scales to your level. So even on Insanity they'll scale down to you if you start at a low level. I believe there is some disagreement on this issue...just thought it was worth noting in this discussion thread

PRO Member

4 - Hard

I voted hard because the Insanity run truly was difficult for a few missions. I tried both routes (start Insanity with a fresh character and with a New Game+ lvl30 character) and I thought the fresh game with a new character was easier right from the get go. The trophies were not overly difficult but, you really need to have a good awareness of the kill methods and focus on going for them. Most were actually good methods to fight the enemies with, so that was a bonus. Anybody that can this in a single playthrough has my respect as a gamer.

Mini Ninja

Moderate. Insanity mode is the only reason why I didn't give this game a 2. There are some challenging parts later in the game, like getting swamped by Husks while a Praetorian is trying to zap you into a crisp.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Insanity was the only "Hard" trophy, but it was very fun. It's worth it to play on insanity because it is the perfect blend of challenge and fun.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Actually starting fresh makes the Insanity Run easier, some would say, since the computer AI scales to your level. So even on Insanity they'll scale down to you if you start at a low level. I believe there is some disagreement on this issue...just thought it was worth noting in this discussion thread
    That is true. I started fresh on my second playthrough on Insanity, and it was much easier than carrying over my high-level character from my first playthrough, MUCH easier in fact that the enemies, being forced to scale down to your Level 1 character, die almost as fast as if you were playing on Normal.

Back on topic, I voted "Easy" mainly because other than the Insanity run, the platinum was pretty straightforward. Using an Adept class for Insanity works WONDERS, especially for your sanity. Try it out, and you will find the Adept's spells to be very invaluable at that difficulty. Using Miranda and Grunt in your party helps a lot as well. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

The Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    I did my Insanity run on a New Game+. The first few missions were tough, but I liked carrying over all of my weapons and perks.

I voted moderate for difficulty - some parts of Insanity are tough, but once you figure out a good strategy, it just becomes an exercise in patience.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Moderate- Insanity was tough at certain areas

Lvl 5 - Silver

i did my plat in 5 days & my Insanity run with my lvl 30 imported from playthrough 1, which does make it harder,HARD.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate - Only because of Insanity, there were quite a few missions which I found to be pretty hard. But other than that the trophies are pretty easy.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09

Lvl 7 - Gold

I went with moderate. I chose do to the Insanity difficulty right out of the gate and while I found it a little difficult at first, I adjusted to it. Getting surrounded by Husks, especially late in the game, were easily some of my most frustrating moments. Besides Insanity difficulty the trophies are for the most part easy, with most of them being earned during the play-through. I think I finished the game at around 65 hours and not once did it feel like a chore or a grind; I just had a blast with it the entire time. Mass Effect 2 is an overall amazing game.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

3 - Moderate. Not too hard and not too easy. Insanity was the only challenge, and was only sticky on a few parts. Good game, still a bit buggy (nothing game-breaking), but definitely worth playing.

Now this is Podracing

3-Moderate.
    I didnt choose the best class for insanity, but even then only a few parts were difficult.
    Was pretty fun and cant wait to import my save to ME3

Lvl 1 - Bronze

moderate,loved the game.the abandoned collector shipi found to be a wee bit trying,isatrted a frsh run for insanity.was actually surprised at how easy it was overall.ts not a cake walk but i had ,had three previous playthroughs getting the other trophies so by the time insanity came around i was prepared for it.utterly brilliant game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast