Is Arrival worth it? Necessary?

This is a discussion on Is Arrival worth it? Necessary? within the Mass Effect 2 forum, part of the M; For those who've gotten Arrival, is it worth the money? Is it necessary for ME3? Can it be played after ...

A plat a month!

Is Arrival worth it? Necessary?

For those who've gotten Arrival, is it worth the money? Is it necessary for ME3? Can it be played after the campaign is beaten?

Retired TGT Member

Yes it was worth it and yes it can be played after the campaign, and even after the plat. Not sure if it affects any gameplay in ME3, but it was soooo much fun and really shows you what you're up against in ME3.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i wanted to get Arrival too, but I wanna wait for a price drop, i think last time i checked it was like $10

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yeah it is...its a prequel to ME3, and it's also really great for playing over and over again.

Real Life Alchemist

I enjoyed the "Arrival" DLC the only downside about it was that in my OWN opinion it was abit expensive for the amount of gameplay you get from it!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I've had Arrival for quite some time and I haven't gotten around to it. Might start it now that ME3 looms within the distance.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Team Dingleberry

I enjoyed it, although I was a little surprised that the major decision in it was made for you instead of you deciding for yourself.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Is it worth the price for the amount of gameplay you get? Probably not. For the story? I'd say it is.

I personally bought it so that I can get the full experience of Mass Effect 2, and also in anticipation for ME3's release. It also helps that it got me enough experience points to reach level 30 for the Power Gamer trophy. A plat in 1 playthrough

Aes Dana

Yes i would say it is worth the purchase. Infact i purchased all the Mass Effect 2 DLC, including the awesome 'Lair of the shadow broker' DLC. I will most likely do the same for Mass Effect 3.

PRO Member

I'm guessing you have to finish main story before you can play the Arival DLC. I downloaded it just as I was starting my 2nd playthrough on Insanity and there isn't any new missions on the galaxy map.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf2142 View Post
    I'm guessing you have to finish main story before you can play the Arival DLC. I downloaded it just as I was starting my 2nd playthrough on Insanity and there isn't any new missions on the galaxy map.
    I pretty sure earliest you can play the Arrival DLC is right after the Horizon mission.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Yes i would say it is worth the purchase. Infact i purchased all the Mass Effect 2 DLC, including the awesome 'Lair of the shadow broker' DLC. I will most likely do the same for Mass Effect 3.
    Wait...do you buy it on the 360 or PC because the Lair of the Shadow Broker is included in the PS3 version.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!