View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

2 6.45%
  • 2 - Easy

12 38.71%
  • 3 - Moderate

10 32.26%
  • 4 - Hard

7 22.58%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Mass Effect 3 forum, part of the M; Thanks to bmj14772 of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to bmj14772 of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 04-11-2012 at 11:01 AM.

PRO Member

Easy

- Importing a lvl 30 character from ME2 makes an Insanity run on your 1st play through a joke. Soldier + Adrenaline Rush = OP

- The multiplayer trophies which could easily have made this game significantly harder (I'm looking at you Unwavering ) are accomplished far easier by doing the single-player component instead

- Marauder Shields is the only component of the game that ramped up the difficulty from Very Easy

Canadian gamer since the 2600

Retired TGT Member

2 - Easy.

If you take your time and you've got a high level character with high level weapons, Insanity really isn't difficult. In fact, except for the very last enemy of the game, it's pretty easy.

The online is not difficult provided you have at least two squadmates who know what they're doing and you know when to run. The online is addicting and fun though so it won't feel like work.

Getting to 5,000 kills was really dumb though, I spent like 4 hours grinding out kills.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I went with Easy. When I first started this game I'd have to say Insanity gave me some really hard times. It took me little while to get used to but after I did, I think it was easier than Mass Effect 2. After hearing about the last enemy of the game I was expecting to have a hard time but I managed to beat him on my first try, which was kind of disappointing. Like antoniosbandana said, the 5,000 kills was a pointless grind but easy enough to manage.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

PRO Member

The 5000 kills wasn't so bad if you actually enjoyed the MP, which I did. Just needed more maps.

Canadian gamer since the 2600

Lvl 7 - Gold

I enjoyed the MP, way more than I even thought I would, I just didn't play more of it than I needed to. Considering some of the free stuff that just came out for the MP I might go back and play some of it.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 5 - Silver

I voted moderate. I got my ass kicked several times on insanity, especially in London facing a bunch of various types of reapers near the ending..
    But it wasn't hard or easy, i'd say it was perfectly balanced.

The multiplayer is actually fun and addictive! Overall the game was really great, i enjoyed every second of it. Including the endings...

PRO Member

This isn't my official rating on the game (hence, why I haven't voted yet) but, i'm gonna rate this as either Hard or Very Hard because I can't seem to get off of MP long enough to even play the SP campaign!! lolol

Edit:

Okay, so I finally managed to switch gears and play the SP... I loved this game! The difficulty is not really an issue on this one because most of the levels allow you to stay back and pick off the enemies from a safe distance. Not only that, you can max out all your powers by the time you get to level 60. There were a few moments where I caught myself run-n-gunning and died on Insanity but, if you watch what you are doing and stay in cover, you should be just fine. Great game with a great story. I don't see what all the fuss is about with the Ending(s) though.
    Last edited by bmj14772; 04-30-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

1 - Very Easy

ME3 Insanity with a ME3 Import was actually not too bad. I found very easy compare to ME2, cut a lot of corners, and the AI wasn't too bad. I only
    bumped into at least 3-4 tricky parts. Still manage to go all "rambo" in the last few missions and died a few times trying to cut corners lol.

Getting 5000 kills and Defender may take some time if your stuck with noobs .

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This game was not too difficult. I never imported a character when I played on insanity so that part was pretty bad but with a import it would be easy. Marauder Shields on the other had, thats a different story.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm at the very end. Heading into the beam to return to the citadel on Insanity. This should pop the Unwavering, Insanity and Platinum trophies for me, but that last Marauder is giving me a tough time. Be's at full health and shields and I have only a pistol in open ground. I must not be doing something right. Is it headshots only or what?

I hate it when a game resorts to cheap crap in order to make you feel it's difficult or extend the playing time longer. The very end is not a lot of fun and I have no desire to play it over and over. I just want the Plat. This is why I don't have very many. Too much crap to tolerate, IMHO.

PRO Member

I consider this game a Moderate difficult one!!! Because other than those annoying Banshees and the Last Marauder heading into the Citadel on INSANITY, the game was fairly easy but still fun. I got my 5000 kills in almost 4 days playing Multiplayer which was addictive too.

How I would love to see a Mass Effect RTS release!!!

www.powerpyx.com

2/5.
    Insanity difficulty is probably the hardest thing, but it's still a lot easier than in ME2.

illegal in 9 countries

ME3 is one of those games that is a little challenging to provide an overall difficulty rating. It differs depending on the class you choose.

Overall, it's an easy game to play and even easier to enjoy, so i'll stick with Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperhealer View Post
    ...that last Marauder is giving me a tough time. Be's at full health and shields and I have only a pistol in open ground. I must not be doing something right. Is it headshots only or what?.
    Mr Shields was dead easy. Look at the level layout, the answer should be obvious.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted hard because some parts on insanity gave me a headache. Otherwise, it's very easy.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It was really easy, but major fun! Were 1 or 2 parts that were a little tricky, but with how I had my powers and my squadmates(liara and garuss almost the entire game) I was able to cover just about everything. Have a 2 sec singularity,plus it doing damage during and exploding after was a god end. And mine and garuss concussive shot at around 4 sec(?) Recharge made the reaper enemies easy. Even the last boss(?) I just rna around avoiding them and healing as needed on insanity.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Moderate - I sailed thru Insanity on this one up until I had to fight those 3 Geth Primes. From there on the game got pretty tuff for me. I got pretty burned out on this game towards the end. It might have been a mistake to move onto ME3 immediately after finishing ME2. Also the Master & Commander trophy was a bit of a bitch partly due to the fact that I was just confused by the War Assets as a new device in the game.

And for once the addition of a MP to this strong SP franchise was not a hindrance. I found the MP in this game to be really fun.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Finally got it. Just as I figured, I had to go back to a previous save and equip a lighter pistol and I also attached the gadget that ignored 55% of the shields. The delta I was getting on my first insanity playthrough was ridiculous. My reticule was shifting over the entire screen.

I voted easy.

A plat a month!

I voted easy

Ant1th3s1s gave me a tip, Sentinel + Liara + EDI made Insanity super easy. Only tough spot was the final Kai Lang fight. Other than that, no problem.

Played as a soldier on my Normal playthru. Playing as a sentinel on Insanity was easier than normal with the combo I had.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Easy platinum. A few moments on Insanity will be frustrating, but overall none of the trophies are a challenge, even Veteran is easy if you play two or three mulitplayer matches a day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast