View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

2 7.14%
  • 3 - Moderate

11 39.29%
  • 4 - Hard

13 46.43%
  • 5 - Very Hard

2 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Medal of Honor forum, part of the M; Thanks to D1mech of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to D1mech of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 11-06-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Only trouble i had was with 2 mission on Tier 1 mode after that beat the rest of tier 1 mode in one sitting
    Platinum's Working On= BORDERLANDS 2 (57%) MADDEN NFL 13 (25%) inFAMOUS 2 (42%)

Team Dingleberry

Hard if you're going to do the online trophies legit (specifically, Fire Controller), but Moderate if you're willing (and able) to find a boosting group. If you're doing it legit, be warned that this is some of the worst MP out there.

Tier 1 mode is awesome, and I didn't really have any issues with it apart from one. On two separate levels, I had beaten the target time but the medal did not show up for me. So I had to replay the level AND beat my previous time for it to work correctly. Very annoying.

A plat a month!

I'm going with Moderate, but I was thinking about putting hard.

Although the rest of the trophies were very easy, the Fire Controller can be hard. I was lucky enough to hop onto a match in which the participants were boosting, and got it that way.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Voted hard because the online trophies were very difficult and even took a few days to boost.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i voted Hard this game is so much fun i really enjoyed getting the plat.

Online: Fire Controller was a major bitch for me,other than that the other trophies come along as you level up to tier 1
    Campaing mode: Hard isn't really hard just use a lot of cover,and enjoy the beautiful checkpoints and free ammo from your buddies
    TIER 1 mode: don't rush here,use a lot of cover,if the screens goes red prone for a little while,this mode was really easy for me (even belly of the beast XD) i only had a little bit of trouble on Neptune's Nest (par time 14:00 D' and in Rescue the Rescuers,as for this one i recommend you don't rush at all there's plenty of time (par time 28:30, my time 18:00 or so).

i love this plat

Gotham's Reckoning

Moderate: The story was fine apart from Tier 1 mode but its the online that made it tricky with Fire Controller being such a pain.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

plat is moderate. had i not boosted the fire controller trophy then this game would be hard

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Voted 4/5 - Tier 1 aside, Fire Controller is the hardest trophy in the game and will take a lot of patience if you attempt it through legit play.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted Hard because Fire Controller was very difficult. This trophy is somewhat part luck and experience. What I mean is many times playing MP the players know where all the great sniping spots are and its difficult to build any string of kills. That being said the more experience I gained with maps I was discovering new spots that people were not looking for and once that happened through trial and error I think I hit a string of about 1500 points to get the trophy.

Tier 1 was actually quit fun and challenging and very enjoyble.

Since Aug. 09

i voted moderate with no boosting, fire controller was the only real hard trophy.

Dominate!

The Girl Gamer

Hard - Mostly all the trophies are easy to get. Tier 1 isn't bad. Only have two levels that you probably have to do a couple of tries since they are long and you might die or don't beat the time. That would make the game moderate. What made the game hard is Fire Controller. It's very hard to reach up to the 7 level scorechain without getting killed. I was able to do 6 level scorechain legit, but had no luck getting to the 7th level so I boosted the last scorechain.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i voted 3 moderate everything except one or two tier1 missions was hard and i got fire control legit it wasn't hard frustrating though

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Hard - Fire Control was just ridiculous

Blitz Ace

Moderate. All trophies are easy to get but I had to spend a lot of time for the MP just because of Fire Controller. I was lucky one day though, 1st game of the day and 1st headshot gave me the first kill streak, second headshot was another streak, third was another streak, used that predator and another streak and so on. I was laughing so hard on what the hell happened that I got the streaks so fast and I was really happy also because I got Fire Controller on my first game that day.

Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy X-2 HD - 22/35

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Chaos will follow

4 - Hard The multiplayer trophies almost require boosting, like Fire Controller. And Tier 1 was just a bitch.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

hard as hell , horrible multiplayer trophys , great single player

Lvl 3 - Bronze

maybe I just got lucky but I did not have the problem that most seemed to have with the multiplayer trophies, Easy here

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have to note that I voted before I got the plat, cause I just wasn't paying attention. That said all I have left is fire controller. I gave up on the game way back when it released when I couldn't get online to boost with other people and I had trouble with Tier One. Since then I've gotten an HD TV 32" and I've had huge amounts of success with Tier One simply because I can see better now. I can actually spot enemies before I'm on top of them.

The MP is still extremely difficult in terms of fire controller. I've made a lot more progress towards it, but now everyone who's left on the server is a lot better than during release. So I'll be trying to get a boost session together to finish it off. It would be a real shame to have one trophy left to go simply because there's snipers sitting well behind their own lines just picking people off. I was 5 off of 175 with 4 mortars stored up shooting at someone when a sniper got me. I'd already used mortar and rockets so I was pretty pissed.

PRO Member

Hard. Mp is what makes this a hard plat. I had to boost fire controler and getting the support points. Playing the MP so late into the games life was terrible. Some of the matches I got into was against people who were so good and just spammed air strikes. The Sp on Hard was easy. Tier 1 just had a couple difficult missions. For some reason I had the most trouble with Breaking Bagram. Had to restart the mission a few times because Mother got stuck in a wall and a couple times stuck in stairs. The mission I was worried about the most on Tier1 was Belly of the Beast and it only took a hand ful of tries.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast