Question About Online Pass

This is a discussion on Question About Online Pass within the Medal of Honor forum, part of the M; I bought this game brand new, and when i typed in the code for the online pass its no good. ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Question About Online Pass

I bought this game brand new, and when i typed in the code for the online pass its no good. So someone got lucky inputting a random code or i got ripped. What is it you gain from the online pass ? Cause apparently you can still play online ?

Death is Awaiting....

You can't play online without the online pass.. that's why you need it. Just pay $10 for it

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Are you sure ? Cause i can play online, but everytime i sign on the prompt for the online pass pops up.. And i think i read somewhere the pass wasn't need to plat this game (it was only for DLC) which would mean not needed to play online .. ? (And theres no way i'm paying for a pass i already purchased) maybe i'm wrong and thick headed, but i've never input that code without it telling me it was already used. And the online is available to me.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzy View Post
    I bought this game brand new, and when i typed in the code for the online pass its no good. So someone got lucky inputting a random code or i got ripped. What is it you gain from the online pass ? Cause apparently you can still play online ?
    Where did you buy it from? I'd take it back if possible or demand a new code. But did you type in the code correctly? Sometimes a letter or number could look similar to it's counterpart, like a O and 0. Specially on those small vouchers.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeApOnS- View Post
    Just pay $10 for it
    Hehehe yeah right like if it was a used game?

Well what you can do is like check like 5 more times if you placed the code right if not....
    Quote Originally Posted by WeApOnS- View Post
    Just pay $10 for it

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Where did you buy it from? I'd take it back if possible or demand a new code. But did you type in the code correctly? Sometimes a letter or number could look similar to it's counterpart, like a O and 0. Specially on those small vouchers.
    Yeah I would just take it back, screw paying for something you have already paid for

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I bought it from Wal-Mart. How would i go about getting a new code ? (w/out buying one, cause that'll never happen) or returning the game. I've tried the code multiple times, even trying different numbers and letters that could be another. No luck.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzy View Post
    I bought it from Wal-Mart. How would i go about getting a new code ? (w/out buying one, cause that'll never happen) or returning the game. I've tried the code multiple times, even trying different numbers and letters that could be another. No luck.
    You have the receipt? Just take the game and your receipt to customer service. Tell them the game works great but the code provided did not work and ask for a new one. They'll take the game, give you a new one.

Does that game's code have an expiration date btw? I don't see why it would, but you never know...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I see no exp date and walmart isnt exactly next door. They shoulda made their rich get richer plan a little more full proof. Guess i'll just bend over and take it.

Team Dingleberry

I think there was a documented bug in MoH that let you play online without an online pass. If you can still get matched into games, I wouldn't spend another $10 to get another pass.

The Girl Gamer

I bought Medal of Honor new for $10 at Gamestop on Black Friday and the online pass doesn't work for me either. I'm not the only one cause mostly everyone who bought this game recently are having the same problem and reporting it. You can contact EA and they will give you a new online pass code, but even that doesn't work. EA supposedly are trying to fix the bug, but I doubt it since this issue has been going on since last year and they haven't said anything about what they are doing to get it fix. The online pass is just to download some extra maps for multiplayer, but you should still be able to play online.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by MimiPRGameFreak View Post
    EA supposedly are trying to fix the bug, but I doubt it since this issue has been going on since last year and they haven't said anything about what they are doing to get it fix. The online pass is just to download some extra maps for multiplayer, but you should still be able to play online.
    Weird, I bought the game for $14 off Amazon awhile back this year. The code worked fine. Couldn't tell you the exact date, but it was maybe 6 months ago. Oh well, hopefully EA will resolve it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm also having online issues. i bought the game maybe 2 months ago simply because it was cheap and i redeemed the online pass with no issue. i didnt really touch mp until just recently when i figured id at least get the easy mp trophies. so i got to lvl 7 on the soldier loadout (cant remember the class name) but yesterday when trying to join a game, despite there being 100-200 people playing the game would put me in an empty server when earlier that day i was playing just fine. every time ive tried to join since has placed me in an empty server so im now thinking ill quit the game, which is a shame coz i was actually kinda starting to enjoy it.
    anyone else get this issue and know of a fix or do i just have to ride it out and hope i get a populated server?

EDIT: ooh, weird seeing that 1 post(s) thing there after being a memeber for most of the year. i had to rejoin to post. does anyone know why, ive not been on in a little while so i may have missed something.