View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

2 33.33%
  • 3 - Moderate

3 50.00%
  • 4 - Hard

0 0%
  • 5 - Very Hard

1 16.67%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Mercenaries 2: World in Flames forum, part of the M; Thanks to bmj14772 of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to bmj14772 of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 11-06-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Team Dingleberry

I said Moderate, because it's easy to ruin your playthrough if you're going for the Aces High trophy. The online trophies are pretty easy to get. If you use the winching glitch, getting a billion dollars should only take an hour and that money will last you for the entire game.

2011 Member of the Year

Voted Easy.
    The Millionaire trophy had "glitched" on me, as I had played the game before the trophy patch, but was finally able to read about it unlocking for people, this summer, and tried it out, and it worked, finally unlocking the Platinum, after nearly 3 years

PRO Member

I put very hard just because of how glitchy the game was and the fact that you couldn't connect to the servers unless you had another EA game from the same set of terms and conditions.

PRO Member

2 - Easy. The actual trophies aren't difficult at all, however, the game is really glitchy, and the servers are astonishingly bad, except some annoyance there. In fact, a lot of people can't access the servers, for more info on that, check out my trophy guide.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I heard that the servers for this game have been shut down, is that true?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

While the game itself was easy, the trophies were somewhat difficult, mostly because of the numerous glitches in the game. It was a MAJOR disapointment of a game, considering how awesome Merc 1 was. This is why I hate EA when they acquire small developers, they water down the product, then close down the studio and relegate everyone else to another EA subsidiary. This game was not worth plating because of it.

To answer your question Tittymonster: Yes, the servers are up (as of June 5th, anyway).

Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

if any 1 stills own a copy on mercenaries II i would like alittle help the mutliplayer or co-op trophies b4 EA decides turning serves off on this title
    trophies list is:
    (wheels of steel)
    (damage INC)
    (nothin' but a good time)

that is all thank u if u r looking for PSID: omegazx10

Lvl 3 - Bronze

3- Moderate: While the gameplay wasn't overly difficult, the glitchiness of the both the online servers and certain aspects of the game itself, the very distinct possiblity of losing out on certain trophies 95% through your play (I needed 3 playthroughs to get all the SP trophies) and the most screwed up matchmaking system for co-op I have ever seen were the very reasons why this game took me 5 years to platinum. I now have absolutely no need of playing this game ever again, which is a shame because when I was finally able to get into the co-op portion it was easy to tell there was alot of potential for a fun time that was unfortunately killed by horrible programming.