View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

4 28.57%
  • 2 - Easy

6 42.86%
  • 3 - Moderate

4 28.57%
  • 4 - Hard

0 0%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD forum, part of the M; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

Easy.

Honestly "Piss Easy" should be a selection . This is definitely the simplest of the 3 games. The collectibles, while troublesome, aren't exactly hard to come by - the Kerotans are all fairly simple, and once you get the GA-KO camo, they become a cakewalk - though the ones in the final chase scenes can be a little tricky, you need only save and reload at the last checkpoint to try again.

The camouflage is easy to get, and most of them are gotten by playing the game, and the ones that are hidden aren't hard to find.

Everything else is fairly straight forward, and you don't even need to play on the highest difficulty at all - you don't even have to go above Very Easy, really.

Royal Flush X2

2 easy With a guide this game is easy, the only hard part is shooting the last few kerotans on the bike as you only have a short time to shoot them and a bumpy ride but otherwise it's easy as you can play the game on very easy for the EZ gun so only 1 playthrough is needed.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Easy. As. Sleep. It took me several weeks to get all the trophies in MGS2, but only less than a few days with MGS3. Kerotan frogs were annoying, but I've gotten them all before in the PS2 days, so that wasn't hard. I'm a bit disapointed it was this easy to get, but I'm still glad to get another MGS trophy under the belt...I wish they could do the same for 4.

Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

Lvl 6 - Silver

Playin some Deadpool :/

For the record, Lucy Diamond is a movie reference and I'm a guy.

What are you doing right now? thread

Kiwi Defender

Very Easy. Not only can you play through the game on Very Easy and get everything on one playthrough, but with a handy guide with you, you'll have no problems whatsoever getting every trophy, since not even the collectables will be annoying.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Easy. At least if you use a guide for the Kerotans. Without one the Kerotan under water and the few ones you have to shoot from bike would have been quite difficult to find for me. Everything else is easy as you can play on any difficulty (including one with an infinite ammunition gun) and can get all trophies in one playthrough.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The hardest thing of this whole game was these worthless Kerotans. If it wasn't for this it would be much easier.
    Jesus is Lord!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just got this. The only slightly annoying part was shooting the kerotans on the bike, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. The rest were quite easy to get.

My vote for this is 2 - Easy
    Last edited by Sn0wXiii; 01-04-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Lvl 5 - Silver

My vote is easy you can get the plat on 1 playtroght(10-15 hours depending on your skills) I GET THE PLAT ON 7 HOURS

Lvl 6 - Silver

piece of piss, i completed it 15 times before the HD collection came out, including a playthrough on Hard with no alerts, i played through another 3 times on the PS3, and platted it in 3 days.