Don't Touch the Sides trophy problem

This is a discussion on Don't Touch the Sides trophy problem within the Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD forum, part of the M; Im having problems getting the Dont Touch the Sides trophy. I have removed several bullets and havent gotten it yet. ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Don't Touch the Sides trophy problem

Im having problems getting the Dont Touch the Sides trophy. I have removed several bullets and havent gotten it yet. Ive tried removing the shotgun rounds and assault rifle rounds with no luck. Any help?

Harvester of Souls

That's rather odd. Question, I've not played the game back in a while, but are you using the knife to remove them and then exiting the Cure Menu? I definitely know you must exit that menu first before it will count and fully patch up the wound. If just removing and going on, then that won't do.

Not sure if anything else you can remove bullets with, but must be the knife if you're using something else, though pretty sure there isn't. Otherwise, not sure what would cause that other than a glitch. Download any patches for the game lately, that might of caused it.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I am using the knife. Ive made sure to press circle to exit the cure menu. Ive tried Just removing the bullet and leaving the rest uncured. Ive cured everything in it and nothing. I am a ps plus member so it downloads patches for games for me.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

One more thing, I havent had any other problems getting other trophies, just this one.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Some people have had this same problem, whereby the trophy didn't pop when they removed a bullet that was fired by a guard, but then when they were shot by Volgin during the 5-minute fist-fight against him, the trophy popped upon removal of that bullet. Have you tried allowing yourself to be shot by him? You may get the trophy then.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

There is a number of places where you can get this trophy. Generally boss fights as StewartBros pointed out.

From what I know, you can remove The Pain's hornet bullets(or whatever they're called), Volgan's bullets and also The Boss's bullets (bitch likes to force you into the cure menu).

Jst treat the removing of bullets in the cure menu as if your not aiming for a trophy. Just play the game and cure everything that you have to and you will eventually get it.

Let me know if you have any trouble with The Cats Out The Bag trophy. My copy of MGS HD Collection is the EU glitches copy so I can't plat MGS3 because it won't allow the me to get The Cat's Out The Bag trophy and the other one for the hidden R1 views during cutscenes. If you get those trophies then count yourself lucky. Was hoping to make MGS3 my 20th plat.

Ah well.

Harvester of Souls

What's up with the EU version and glitches? I'll add this trophy to the glitch trophy in the guide and anything else. I hadn't been told and have US version so first heard of this dilemma.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    What's up with the EU version and glitches? I'll add this trophy to the glitch trophy in the guide and anything else. I hadn't been told and have US version so first heard of this dilemma.
    There's actually 3 glitches that have been confirmed from the EU version.

The Cats out the Bag trophy doesn't pop.
    Because of this you can't get the Snake Eyes trophy and also the plat.
    Also, in MGS2, on the tougher difficulties, the bomb doesn't show up on the conveyor belt nor does the boxes. So it can't be defused and you can't progress.

I bookmarked a topic from a site who are discussing the issues. Good to keep in the know so I know when or if the problem will be fixed. It's a kick to the dangle berries no being able to plat MGS2 and MGS3.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

lol Im not trying to get it per' se. The only time I really try to get it is when I get spotted, because Im trying to do a 0 kills/0 alerts game. so I would let them shoot at me before I quit and reloaded to try and get it. I did remove the bee bullets but it didnt pop. Right now I just got into the Shagohod hanger, so Im close to the fight with Volgen. Ill try there. And Ill let you know if I do get the cat's out of the bag trophy.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ok. It popped during the fight with Volgin. Thank you for the help

Harvester of Souls

Gratz Glad we could help. Also, the bee bullets I know for sure don't count on the US version. Figured let you know.. but already do . Wonder why it wouldnt count before though. US version I got from first gun fight I got into where I could cure. Actually pretty sure right after I got up from the fall and then went back in and met with The Boss on the night mission where she blows up your craft thing. Guards came, I got shot, recovered and then bam .

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thank you all for the help. I am the proud owner of a shiny new platinum

Harvester of Souls

Gratz . Do me one final favor and close up this thread now since finished up so people won't come back and spam all over it.