It's hard being green :(

This is a discussion on It's hard being green :( within the Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD forum, part of the M; So I'm on my fifth run in mgs3 and looking get my platinum " IF " I can figure out ...

:platinum: since Oct 08

It's hard being green :(

So I'm on my fifth run in mgs3 and looking get my platinum " IF " I can figure out which kerotan I'm missing, followed guide for snake eater and vitous missions im sure I got them all but I'm quadrupling checking be sure and on my fourth run I swear I got the rest. On plus side my fourth run only took me 2 hours 37 minutes and 1 second. : o

Harvester of Souls

Did use the video guide for them? And get all of them during the motorcycle part? Wear the Gako suit in every location you enter to see if that will help.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 3 - Bronze

All you need to take into account is there is 1 frog in almost every location. Take it 1 step at a time(not literally) and make sure you have infact shot every frog. Remember after you go back to the jungle the 2nd time and get your ass kicked by the boss (and her horse), head back the way and collect the 2 frogs there. They were the only ones I missed. And collectables seem to be the 1 thing I struggle with the most because I have a shitty memory. But I managed it easy enough with only a few tough to find frogs.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Urgh, I'm with you there. I'm on my third run through, I even used the official strategy guide (from back in the day when I got the PS2 version, old skool man) and still managed to fuck it up. I think it's probably one of the motorbike chase ones but I was so, so sure that I had hit them.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Got it! Bizarrely it was in Svyatogornyj east and not one of the motorbike ones, I must have accidentally checked it off my list without actually having got it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Im having this problem as well. I'm on my second playthrough and I'm 200% sure that I've gotten them all now.
    There are reports that kerotan progress carries over into a "new game plus" and the trophy pops when you hit that random one you missed. Can anyone confirm that the trophy will pop in the middle of the game or do I have to wait till the end of the game? I think its glitched

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GnosticPhoenix View Post
    Im having this problem as well. I'm on my second playthrough and I'm 200% sure that I've gotten them all now.
    There are reports that kerotan progress carries over into a "new game plus" and the trophy pops when you hit that random one you missed. Can anyone confirm that the trophy will pop in the middle of the game or do I have to wait till the end of the game? I think its glitched
    No it will pop when you get the one you missed, I can confirm that

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Right on I got it
    It was one of the bike scene ones in the forest that I'd hit with an RPG on my first play through. I was under the impression that RPG's were ok to use, so either they outright aren't ok, or they are ok but unreliable for the bike scene, or I just plain didn't hit close enough for the splash damage to activate the Kerotan. Either way I got it this time by just spraying the hell out of it with the Patriot gun on my way by.

PRO Member

I used the PS2 strategy guide, and I can say that there are three or four that are not covered in the guide...I don't know or remember which ones are missing but I know it can't be more then four...

good luck
    ~Aim For The Bushes~