Tips and Spoilers!

This is a discussion on Tips and Spoilers! within the Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD forum, part of the M; Going to include most of this in the guide, but for meantime posting here to get some feedback and maybe ...

Harvester of Souls

Tips and Spoilers!

Going to include most of this in the guide, but for meantime posting here to get some feedback and maybe even find out new stuff and secrets . Oh yes, there will be spoilers!

For more indepth coverage, please check out the Trophy/Strategy Guide written by Myself and Asuka!
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Trophy Guide

Ofcourse, everyone should remember basics for beginning, tranq all bosses for special camo unlocks (or in case of The End, his rifle) . Then you have the swamp and lake place at beginning of game with the crocs that can barrel roll you to death in the water if you go near them or piss them off so they come after you. Be sure to watch yourself if out for a swim!

Alrighty, so had a few tricks for The End before when this was on the Ps2 and decided to try them out here. Sure enough everything that you could do on first game still works . Btw, the code sequence to show The End on the map(haven't tried but told and assuming so with everything else )
    Namely the changing time trick on the system for the other cutscenes and easy kill on him. Just go with changing the internal time up one year and load your game. NOTE, you need to save in battle with him first. You can change time and when load up, Snake walks up to find The End dead from old age, but disheartened cause he disappointed him in death.

If you don't change time up far enough, when you load, you'll be found by The End and tranqed. He won't kill you but drop you off in prison back where Granin is located and you will have to make your way all the way back. Helps to get out of the battle if can't take him down though I suppose.

Ofcourse, you can simply snipe him at the docks still too But this is the pussy method and should only be done for the trophy and then have game reloaded so you can experience a real battle.

Remember that croc cap you got at beginning of game? Oh you didn't get it, disregard then. But if you wear it when you crawl in the river area of the Battle with The End, he will think you're a croc . LOL! The old fart supposed to be father of sniping and can't see the damn gun and legs and arms that croc has there.. or the missing tail?

For The Fear, you can throw down some rotten food(noted by the flies on the item icon of it in your inventory) or poisonous food and he will eat it when his stamina gets low. He will go after whatever you drop down before eating other animals and such in the area, so keep in mind.

This works for enemy soldiers too, can take out their provisions or ammo supplies with some TNT(trophy btw) and they will have less ammo and become hungry making them eat food if you drop it. Another thing you can do is throw spiders and snakes at them and if it's poisonous, you will poison them(another trophy lolz). they will slowly die now from this .

Tsuchonoko Help!!
    For this damned snake, you can find randomly by setting down mousetraps and leaving the area. Come back and check them to see if you caught anything. Will 7/10 be something from the environment so keep in mind, rare chance for this snake. I did very easily with 3 attempts in the area you battle The Fear. Dropped 4 mousetraps which you can get easily from warehouse nearby inside storage room, left, re-entered and recollected. You get mousetraps back by crawling over them just so you know. . Also, you will locate another Tsuchonoko outside the waterfall area after Snake gets tortured and meets Eva to get gear back. Tranq here and keep till end of game for infinity facepaint

Feel free to post any tips or helpful advice you know from MGS3: Snake Eater
    Last edited by NeroRadec707; 11-11-2011 at 09:45 PM.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 5 - Silver

the Tsuchonoko can be obtained also from Bolysha Past South level(2 lvls before Ocelot fight), i only did it yesterday with one mousetrap,but i think you can keep entering the Bolysha Past Base, and get multiple mousetraps, but i used one, tried exiting/entering area like 5 times ,it didnt work,than i took a break loaded game 3hours later,and "ching" as soon as game started bam got one.

If you google up the Markhor guide,theres a map that shows you the right area to place your mousetrap ,but i actually used an old youtube video by MetallicaSnake,that gave the location where i got mine.

and your suggestion for the End is exactly what i did for the trophy,than reloaded so i can still fight him,i did use TNT on the previous warehouse as that will make a differance on how FAST the soldiers respond to gettin the End outa there after first shot fired.

Harvester of Souls

love how another Nero inputted tips and is actually replaying MGS3

Btw, didn't know about taking out the warehouse affecting the time soldiers get The End out of there.. I tried sniping him off with pistol first time through cause missed sniper rifle in that warehouse BUT never could get it.. he just wheels himself in .

As for when I did have it, I simply aimed and BAM right to the noggin first shot as he is right in view if look right.

About Tsuchonoko, it's honestly random and can be found in just about any area. Haven't seen anythign stating otherwise yet and doesn't matter where in the area's you put down traps. I put down where I did right by door so I enter, grab drop and exit took seriously a minute and first time i dropped and just played with guards inside warehouse section there poisoning and CQC and such . I know the provisions place inside the warehouse by The Fear battle where I did this at has unlimited mousetraps too . Leave and come back for more each time ... but simple and easy enough to just pick back up by crawling over them .

Thank you and please keep info rolling in

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 5 - Silver

the area i put my one mousetrap was...., well very hard to describe,the video on youtube that i used showed exactly where i put mine, & that same map was also the same location from another markhor guide ive been using, except thier exact location with the picture didnt work, so i re googled it & got lucky with the youtube video, the really cool part there was i remembered the guy in the vid from wayy back on MGO1.