8 53.33%
  • Guns of The Patriots

2 13.33%
  • Peace Walker

0 0%
  • Portable Ops.

0 0%

best Metal Gear..

This is a discussion on best Metal Gear.. within the Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD forum, part of the M; I had just started replaying Metal Gear again, this time in HD...i have atleast 2 verision of this series...the Essentional ...

PRO Member

best Metal Gear..

I had just started replaying Metal Gear again, this time in HD...i have atleast 2 verision of this series...the Essentional and the HD Collection...

Which is the best game in the series...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 8 - Gold

This is tough. I picked MGS3 because it was really damn cool and improved on the stealth factor. Being able to catch food, use animals etc. was pretty damn neat and the story was really good. Metal Gear Solid comes in a close second and Metal Gear 2 was amazing for a game that came out in '90.

1) Metal Gear Solid 3
    2) Metal Gear Solid
    3) Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

PRO Member

i voted MGS3..loved seeing the rise of Big Boss...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

mgs3. too much nostalgia

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Sons Of Liberty for me

Sure, it may be long winded, initially baffling and just plain odd at times but it was also innovative, cinematic and great looking not to mention a bloody good game.

Have to admit it was a tough choice as i love all Metal Gear games (well apart from Portable Ops, that was merely good).

Harvester of Souls

Agree with Deth.. First would be MGS3 and then MGS .. Peace Walker somewhere in between here Then prolly be the MG and MG2 games. MGS4 and then MGS2 at last.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

For me it has to be the first Metal Gear Solid this game started it all..

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by xero21 View Post
    For me it has to be the first Metal Gear Solid this game started it all..
    Metal Gear Solid? OR The VERY first one being Metal Gear? Think you voted MG and not sure which you meant lolz. All are epic regardless though.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I remember voting & commenting on a similar thread before the crash,so ill say just a bit of what i said before.

MGS3 was the best for me cuz it had the right combination of gameplay intertwined with movie/story telling.

The other MGs ,1,2, & 4 either had too much or not nuff of 1 or the other.(cept maybe MGS1,but again PS graphics & i wasnt into the game than,but played Twin Snakes,so id prob say MGS was my #2 choice.

MG & MG2 while for thier time probably did well, didnt interest me,2 outdated graphics, & the PSPs well i dont know cuz i dont have one, & i have yet to play MGS PW on my HD Collection.

Just my view on what ive played.Id say there all the best for the fans that enjoy whichever one,my choice was MGS3-Subsistence(damn forgot MGO off 3 , another reason )

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Each MGS is perfect in its own way... Therefore, i can't vote one over the others. Hideo Kojima created the perfect series. Metal Gear Solid over EVERYTHING.

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    I remember voting & commenting on a similar thread before the crash,so ill say just a bit of what i said before.

MGS3 was the best for me cuz it had the right combination of gameplay intertwined with movie/story telling.

The other MGs ,1,2, & 4 either had too much or not nuff of 1 or the other.(cept maybe MGS1,but again PS graphics & i wasnt into the game than,but played Twin Snakes,so id prob say MGS was my #2 choice.

MG & MG2 while for thier time probably did well, didnt interest me,2 outdated graphics, & the PSPs well i dont know cuz i dont have one, & i have yet to play MGS PW on my HD Collection.

Just my view on what ive played.Id say there all the best for the fans that enjoy whichever one,my choice was MGS3-Subsistence(damn forgot MGO off 3 , another reason )

Quote Originally Posted by B-Ballfanatik62 View Post
    Each MGS is perfect in its own way... Therefore, i can't vote one over the others. Hideo Kojima created the perfect series. Metal Gear Solid over EVERYTHING.
    Haha, I can least choose out MGS3 and MGS 1.. after that, 2 and 4 are just there Perhaps which have you played more of out of all of them?

Lvl 7 - Gold

It's a tie between Snake Eater and Guns of the Patriots for me. Sure Metal Gear Solid is a classic but I loved the roots and the closure a tad bit more.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Real Life Alchemist

The first one will always be my favourite metal gear solid that is! I bought it when MGS2 was already on the shelves and I already played it a few times! I must say that MGS1 beats MGS3 and MGS2 doesn't even compare in my opinion.

So
    1) Metal Gear Solid
    2) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake eater
    3) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty!

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

1) MGS3: Snake Eater.
    2) MGS4: Guns of The Patriots.
    3) MGS2: Sons of Liberty.
    4) MGS1: (Opinion may change, I just need a serious memory refresh).

All the other MGS games I have yet to play but I will soon since I now have the ability. (MG1 / 2 & PW). I've have thrown down so many hours into all the games above though. & along with the HD collection my opinion has just been confirmed that MGS3 is the best out of all & after experiencing the 3D camera the title will always remain here. I've always owned the original MGS3. I've never played Substance so this camera angle business rocks. Other than that, same can go for the story, characters & experience.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Regional Manager of War

1. MGS3: Snake Eater
    2. MGS1
    3. MGS4: Guns of the Patriots
    4. MGS2: Sons of Liberty

Banned

I only played Guns of the Patriots and Sons of Liberty so I voted Guns of the Patriots.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's hard to say, but my vote goes to MGS4 mainly because of the control scheme. I loved how the lay out moved away from pressure sensitivity into a more Shooter-based (R1 Trigger) system. CQC was a breeze (I'd always kill the captured enemy by accident because I held down the circle button too hard) and firing weapons felt more natural to me.

A close 2nd would be Snake Eater, because while it had all the right stuff going for it (story, long gameplay), the camo system really annoyed me because I had to change it every few minutes. While I'll admit MGS4 needed to be longer, it was still a blast to play, and I even understood the convoluted plot line in the game...sort of . It's also the only game I managed to get the Big Boss Emblem in twice (on a naked and stocked run). I couldn't do it on Snake Eater, mainly because of the control scheme (that and the bs damage-limitation requirement).

3rd would be Twin Snakes...I liked the GC version over the original MGS, hate me if you will. I thought it was really well done and if they cut out some of the "matrix" scene, I'd like it even more.

4th would be Son of Liberty, only because I felt cheated to play as Raiden. I wish you had a choice to play as Raiden or Snake during the plant mission (especially to see what's going on through Snakes point of view). The VR missions were fun, and pretty much the only bright spot for me.

Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 can't really get a fair vote, since I didn't get to play them until after Subsistence (I did play both the NES versions, but that doesn't count especially Snake's Revenge being non-canonical). If they had made a update version, then we'd have something to talk about.

Portable Ops, I never had a PSP. Simple as that.

Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

Lvl 6 - Silver

MGS3, without a doubt.

can't get enough of this game, completed it 15 times on PS2 and getting HD collection today, still can't wait to play it even after 15 times through lol

Real Life Alchemist

Gonna pick up my copy of the HD collection tomorrow! Can't wait to replay MGS2 and 3 with trophies ^^