Earn Xbox LIVE Rewards Through Achievements

This is a discussion on Earn Xbox LIVE Rewards Through Achievements within the Microsoft forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; 8bitfix - Earn Xbox LIVE Rewards Through Achievements According to 8bitfix, soon Xbox 360 players will be able to earn ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Earn Xbox LIVE Rewards Through Achievements

8bitfix - Earn Xbox LIVE Rewards Through Achievements

According to 8bitfix, soon Xbox 360 players will be able to earn actual rewards for their achievements. I hope we get something similar for us PS3 players...

INTJ

breaking news achievements now exist for a reason

edit:

i checked my acheivement points, apparently have 720 points away from breaking the 30,000 barrier.

i don't even try at this shit

Harvester of Souls

This is actually cool. I expect see lot more hackers and stuff now though.

DO wish PSN/Sony would do something liek this.. Make them worthwhile and more people would go for htem. Like X platinums= X PSN funds or something. Could work, ibut imagine set the limit so high.. and be difficult to manage. Wonder if they could account for levels players have already reached.. and probably only work for one PS3 system/ Name on PSN account. Some limits so people won't repeatedly do same stuff over multiple..

Or least in for achievements if that's how to work out.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Let Me Watch

This will just cause more hackers
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

"Seen a therapist, told him spirits tried to bury me, spilt what's on my mind, when I was done, he needed therapy"

Kiwi Defender

Interesting. I wonder what kind of things they'll give.

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    This will just cause more hackers
    Good thing Microsoft actually does something about it, right?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    DO wish PSN/Sony would do something liek this..
    they did

the problem was the community that was part of it made it crash and burn because thats how the psn community is. people who did alot got t-shirts when it shut down.

if you look around your friends list you can see psn game icons that say stuff like "Legendary" and all that, thats part of the psn rewards service that crashed and burned.

xbox rewards was already up before that and does awesome stuff every year, some xbox members get free trips to E3, some get free XBL avatar shirts/exclusive items, etc.

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    they did

the problem was the community that was part of it made it crash and burn because thats how the psn community is. people who did alot got t-shirts when it shut down.

if you look around your friends list you can see psn game icons that say stuff like "Legendary" and all that, thats part of the psn rewards service that crashed and burned.

xbox rewards was already up before that and does awesome stuff every year, some xbox members get free trips to E3, some get free XBL avatar shirts/exclusive items, etc.
    Completely missed out on that . I do know of some free XBL avatars and such at times from games, but that's like PSN HOME stuff.. though I never use it or check out anything with it.

Well if that's true though, looks like Sony needs to get back with it . Do even free PSN+ for trophies and such. See how well Microsoft doing this works out. Any threads on old PSN thing? and I've never seen anyone online with Legendary status or anything like that. What made it fail?

INTJ

Completely missed out on that . I do know of some free XBL avatars and such at times from games, but that's like PSN HOME stuff.. though I never use it or check out anything with it.

Well if that's true though, looks like Sony needs to get back with it . Do even free PSN+ for trophies and such. See how well Microsoft doing this works out. Any threads on old PSN thing? and I've never seen anyone online with Legendary status or anything like that. What made it fail?

avatars can be intergrated into mainstream videogames

for example rockband allows you to use your avatar as a in-game band member

or the good free games like doritos crash course (this is actually one of the best XBLA games out there) makes you use them as the contestant.

it's like the miis from nintendo's consoles. the reason ps home sucks at it is because it's ps home shit is limited ONLY to Ps home, nothing can get in or out of it unless it's developed around it's terrible engine.

it's why most games in the ps home feel cheap and slow as shit.

Harvester of Souls

What made the PSN incentive thing fail though? And do we have any threads on it around here?

INTJ

What made the PSN incentive thing fail though? And do we have any threads on it around here?
    basically no one gave a shit because sony offered stupid challenges (look at 5 movies to get some points!)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The satisfaction of unlocking a hard trophy is all I need for reward.

Plus I think a reward system will unbalance many things about the trophies and the community around it.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Syllendel View Post
    The satisfaction of unlocking a hard trophy is all I need for reward.

Plus I think a reward system will unbalance many things about the trophies and the community around it.

hey guys i just won a contest to see who can bang their head on the wall the hardest and longest

i have massive braindamage and no rewarding qualities other than the fact i got a trophy that says "you did it"

Kiwi Defender

hey guys i just won a contest to see who can bang their head on the wall the hardest and longest

i have massive braindamage and no rewarding qualities other than the fact i got a trophy that says "you did it"
    That's one of the most stupid, absurd and moronic comparations you've posted yet (and that's saying something). It's almost as stupid as comparing piracy with stealing a car.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Harvester of Souls

In agreement with Naggles about that.. doesn't necessarily have to be that way. It's still nice accomplishment and feeling for sme trophies even if they are only to say I DID IT in essence. Still thinking Sony can do some incentive program that works alot better.

and you named one reason whihc made no sense as I didn't know anything about it ever. When did it occur?