Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Teen collapses after 4 day marathon of MW3

This is a discussion on Teen collapses after 4 day marathon of MW3 within the Microsoft forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; it's the kids own fault of course but the parents should have noticed how the kid was doing health wise ...

Ice Cream Firefighter

it's the kids own fault of course but the parents should have noticed how the kid was doing health wise but i'm also going to blame pay2play because online play should be free lol

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Avy=DARE, Sig=Djung

As a parent I would blame it on the parent but also the kid because over the past few months there has been a number of deaths to people playing video games for an exceeding amount of time and I myself would expect any gamer to read and check out those threads because it relates to them. Parents don't always assume your in your room playing games you could be doing practically anything with the door shut so it goes either way.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I blame it on the parents, how could u let him do that and also surprised Xbox 360crap didn't blow up or get red ring of death

Will Love you for Food

I can't even play MW3 for more than 2 hours without getting bored

PRO Member

I blame the parents. My mom would probably kill me if I played that long

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 8 - Gold

Both the kid and the parent are to be blamed here, but the parent is mostly to blame. She took his Xbox after he collapsed? What was this woman doing while her child was in his room for days only coming out to get snacks? Then again he's old enough to know when he feels thirsty so I really don't know what to say about that...the kid needs help.

Anyway, I wonder how long will it take the press and certain organizations to blame it on COD.

Angel of Death

I'd say both. Him for being stupid enough to do that, and the parents for never checking up on him.

The Grand Ray Legend

What a douche, playing 4 days of a game thats not even good!!!
    Sig made by Beam / Avy made by DaRe_xLw

Good News, Everyone!

Saints Row IV

God i cant even play 2 hours of COD, he would probably want to max out his rank :p
    His parents should check him,i mean wtf my parents would kill me if i was playing 4 days in a row
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Bodigard View Post
    im sorry but this kid is a dumbass. pure stupid dumb mother-licker. thank you natural selection for getting rid of the stupid ones.
    Apparently you're not going for the Missile Command world record any time soon.

Why should someone be to blame for this? Did he die? Nope, he did not. Do we know the situation? Nope, we know crap all about anything since the story lacks any real info. The kid, through unknown reasoning, went on a huge marathon session. If he had called Guinness or Twin Galaxies about some record attempt this entire story would be shed in a different light.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Yankees And Packers <3

I'm not really sure why we are making a big deal of this he didn't die, and besides its his life if he wants to spend it playing call of duty let him.

Ghost Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    Best parenting advice right here! Seriously, who would let their teen game for 4 days straight who could MW3 for more than an 2 hours without getting bored? It's so shitty that it's a mystery how people still play it. The parents are clearly to blame here, but the kid is messed up if he can play CoD for 4 days straight.

#cutformesa

I blame both. The parents are absolute incompetents for letting something like this happen, and the kid should have known better even at his age. If he was six, maybe not, but fifteen year-olds aren't quite as dumb as folks make them out to be.

There's not really any excuse for this; no one was holding a gun to his head and telling him to play. This is idiocy at its finest.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

He's an idiot the parents are idiots pure and simple. My child gets cranky after 2 or 3 hours gaming she knows it and stops and we do something else and she's only 10. Any parent that allows this to happen needs to check their priorities. The game he was playing is irrelevant 4 days isolated in a bedroom is not healthy and probably indicates some other problem so I can also sympathise with the boy. Then again he could just be a Dick. Most surprising thing about this story is the staying power of the Xbox.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by Flame808 View Post
    I'm not really sure why we are making a big deal of this he didn't die, and besides its his life if he wants to spend it playing call of duty let him.
    With the greatest of respect i disagree with you there mate.Im kind of thinking your not a parent and if you were you wouldnt have said that.I used to play FF7 for hours but my mum always used to say when it got a bit late to turn it off.Playing video games is great but when you go into the realms of sleep/food deprivation,enough is enough man.The parents are obviously to blame here and this is the kick up the arse they needed.And i (being a parent myself) would not have let it go that far.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

worlds biggest welch fan

MW3 has been out for how long, what a waste of 4 days.

I blame both of them
    SIG BY ME

FFXIII Plat #35 trophy #5,000 goal reached

Yankees And Packers <3

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    With the greatest of respect i disagree with you there mate.Im kind of thinking your not a parent and if you were you wouldnt have said that.I used to play FF7 for hours but my mum always used to say when it got a bit late to turn it off.Playing video games is great but when you go into the realms of sleep/food deprivation,enough is enough man.The parents are obviously to blame here and this is the kick up the arse they needed.And i (being a parent myself) would not have let it go that far.
    You are correct i'm not a parent. But i will start off by saying this, I'm also 15 and my parents put no limits on my gaming time. I have done gaming sessions up to 72 hours straight, and I'm going to have to say I've turned out fine. I'm a Straight A student, on Student council and a Member of the golf team at my high school. So i see no reason why there is any problem here for this kid. Why can't he spend his time doing something he enjoys rather then something he doesn't find fun?

NSFW

I blame both. In an age of 15 you should know that a 4 day marathon of.... pretty much everything ISN'T FUCKING HEALTHY!!! Of course I blame the parents too for being stupid parents, who doesn't engage enough in the teens life. Luckily the teen is going to be fine, and this will hopefully teach both the kid and the parents a lesson (and maybe some other parents too).

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

JINTRAy

You can only guess where I am...my mother's basement

Quote Originally Posted by Flame808 View Post
    You are correct i'm not a parent. But i will start off by saying this, I'm also 15 and my parents put no limits on my gaming time. I have done gaming sessions up to 72 hours straight, and I'm going to have to say I've turned out fine. I'm a Straight A student, on Student council and a Member of the golf team at my high school. So i see no reason why there is any problem here for this kid. Why can't he spend his time doing something he enjoys rather then something he doesn't find fun?
    Simple. It's unhealthy. You may think you're doing just fine(straight As and such) but you didn't mention health. Even a perfectly healthy person will be affected by sitting like that for too long. I'm not trying to gang up on you or anything, but it's just worth mentioning the "health" aspect.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast