Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Teen collapses after 4 day marathon of MW3

This is a discussion on Teen collapses after 4 day marathon of MW3 within the Microsoft forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Originally Posted by daftprophet Simple. It's unhealthy. You may think you're doing just fine(straight As and such) but you didn't ...

Yankees And Packers <3

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Simple. It's unhealthy. You may think you're doing just fine(straight As and such) but you didn't mention health. Even a perfectly healthy person will be affected by sitting like that for too long. I'm not trying to gang up on you or anything, but it's just worth mentioning the "health" aspect.
    Yes i know its unhealthy but from the looks of this case its his first time ever doing it. So as long as it inst a regular occurrence for him he will be just fine.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by Flame808 View Post
    You are correct i'm not a parent. But i will start off by saying this, I'm also 15 and my parents put no limits on my gaming time. I have done gaming sessions up to 72 hours straight, and I'm going to have to say I've turned out fine. I'm a Straight A student, on Student council and a Member of the golf team at my high school. So i see no reason why there is any problem here for this kid. Why can't he spend his time doing something he enjoys rather then something he doesn't find fun?
    Once again with the greatest of respect,i would have thought the answer to your question would have been in the title.....he collapsed.I have no problem with kids or my daughter playing video games but within reason of course.Its great that your doing all these things but playing stuff for hours or days on end isnt good for anyones health man.There has to be a point where enough is enough.You tell me mate,if you seen your son/daughter playing video games for 4 days straight,what would you do you ? "yeah go for it son" or "come on now,enough is enough" ? I know which one id pick and it wouldnt have gotten that far anyways.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Random Access Memories

Yes i know its unhealthy but from the looks of this case its his first time ever doing it. So as long as it inst a regular occurrence for him he will be just fine.
    We can only hope that he and his parents have learned from this...

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

#cutformesa

You are correct i'm not a parent. But i will start off by saying this, I'm also 15 and my parents put no limits on my gaming time. I have done gaming sessions up to 72 hours straight, and I'm going to have to say I've turned out fine. I'm a Straight A student, on Student council and a Member of the golf team at my high school. So i see no reason why there is any problem here for this kid. Why can't he spend his time doing something he enjoys rather then something he doesn't find fun?
    If he were an adult, this is the sentiment I'd be expressing. However when he's that young, he doesn't have those kinds of choices and this stuff is the responsibility of his parents. It's why we don't let people skydive and that sort of thing before they're ready - those things can kill, so we need to make sure an individual's (in theory) old enough to make those kind of choices responsibly. I think gaming at any age is acceptable, but it needs to be monitored by parents until you're old enough to start making these choices on your own. If an adult wants to play MW3 or any other title for 96 hours, then that's his or her prerogative, but at 15 you shouldn't be able to do that.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123