Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Earning Achievements Now Unlocks Discounts on XBL Marketplace

This is a discussion on Earning Achievements Now Unlocks Discounts on XBL Marketplace within the Microsoft forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Originally Posted by Curb Feel free to do that burrito thing yourself, though; I ain't touching that....

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    Feel free to do that burrito thing yourself, though; I ain't touching that.

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    This is really the honest truth of it all. They have used it to make them look so generous but in the end they are not really giving back anything. Considering 2% is NOTHING in such amounts. This is all purely a "Look at us and not your wallet!" maneuver. If you think otherwise you are a complete fool and they got you.
    no one says you have to sit there and grind out trophy after trophy. No one says you need to boost for hours to get the Platinum. In the past, competing a game 100% got you nothing but a feeling of satisfaction. Micorsoft (or Sony if they go the same route) does not need to give you anything for playing their games - however they decided to give you a small discount. Why do you look at this like it is a negative?

It's amazing how people view saving money as stupid.

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    no one says you have to sit there and grind out trophy after trophy. No one says you need to boost for hours to get the Platinum. In the past, competing a game 100% got you nothing but a feeling of satisfaction. Micorsoft (or Sony if they go the same route) does not need to give you anything for playing their games - however they decided to give you a small discount. Why do you look at this like it is a negative?

It's amazing how people view saving money as stupid.
    Because. It is not negative in any way. It is just a "look at this hand" maneuver. They in no way did this "for the gamers" they did it as a way to make sheep think they are giving back and in turn make more money from the fools who think they are saving more anyways. Some people understand it it a couple pennies, others think they are gonna save hundreds and blow their wallets out.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    I'm sorry, but it absolutely does make them entitled. If you're complaining about a free gesture that someone does for you, no matter how large or small, then you're entitled. This wasn't something you worked toward or paid for, only to have them spit in your face. If this was a paid service, then absolutely you could feel free to complain since yes, it is a pathetically small amount. But this is free and takes very little effort to achieve - 25k in gamerscore can be earned in a few weeks even without using kiddie/movie/whore games. Complaining about it is just pathetic.

Also I'd like to point out that Microsoft doesn't charge sales tax on Xbox LIVE, even if you aren't using a prepaid code. At least, they don't everywhere - the sales tax in my local area works out to around 8.5%, and I haven't paid ST on an Xbox LIVE purchase ever.
    But you are charged sales tax in most stores (which you are not for PS cards). And it is not a matter of being entitled, it is more of a matter of reading between the lines and realizing that this isn't done as a charity to gamers, but in fact it was just the smallest MS could give away and still make it look like a feature. 2% is nothing...NOTHING...but it allows gamers to think they are being taken care of. Trust me if PS+ wasn't gaining steam then MS would never have done this.

So in the end, yes gamers are getting a little bit of money off their next purchase, but in no way is this done as a way to reward players, this was just a tactical move to try and offset XBL users from jumping over to the much better Steam, PS+ or the new Wii-U online service

Also if you want to speak about entitled, I suggest you re-read your http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ga...-3-review.html
    Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Mayus, in the end it's saving you money, money you would have spent paying for the game anyway (however little). With the rebate, you are just going to have more of a motive to buying a game you were thinking about already. Now if this was integrated into the PS Store, it would ultimately be better. But it isn't.

Also, I noticed Zellars did that, the Sony PS 3D Display tvs were $400, marked down to $320 whereas they are much cheaper at EB Games.
    Actually the 3d display thing has more to do with the Account managers at Sony than the actual stores. Every account manager has a budget, so if it is within their budget to lower an items price then they would. The guy in charge of Zellers is actually the same guy in charge of EB. So when he is figuring out how to spend his budget that year EB wins out over Zellers every time.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    But you are charged sales tax in most stores (which you are not for PS cards). And it is not a matter of being entitled, it is more of a matter of reading between the lines and realizing that this isn't done as a charity to gamers, but in fact it was just the smallest MS could give away and still make it look like a feature. 2% is nothing...NOTHING...but it allows gamers to think they are being taken care of. Trust me if PS+ wasn't gaining steam then MS would never have done this.

So in the end, yes gamers are getting a little bit of money off their next purchase, but in no way is this done as a way to reward players, this was just a tactical move to try and offset XBL users from jumping over to the much better Steam, PS+ or the new Wii-U online service

Also if you want to speak about entitled, I suggest you re-read your http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ga...-3-review.html
    But you don't pay sales tax on Xbox LIVE purchases, either on the store or on prepaid cards.

And I'm well ware that Microsoft is no saint, and that they're hardly doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, but it is most certainly entitlement on behalf of gamers when they start saying they 'deserve' more, or that this less than they 'should' have. This is in no way a guaranteed service - it was never a selling point of XBL in the first place.

I'm sorry, next time a game releases with a rushed and shitty ending I"ll be sure to give it a 10/10 for you. I did not ever state that we deserved or should have gotten a better/different ending; I didn't make the case that we were entitled to something much better. I just expounded on the fact the the original one was terrible, and that's that. I'm not having this argument again - feel free to join the Review Team and write your own reviews.

Oh, but that's right, you hate all gamers anyway; all of our money should be going to charity and real products. Guess you feel bad enough just being a member here without being staff. Get off your pedestal already.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Because. It is not negative in any way. It is just a "look at this hand" maneuver. They in no way did this "for the gamers" they did it as a way to make sheep think they are giving back and in turn make more money from the fools who think they are saving more anyways. Some people understand it it a couple pennies, others think they are gonna save hundreds and blow their wallets out.
    I'll agree with that logic - it's just like all the people who use coupons on stuff they normally wouldn't buy, all to save 30 cents. But if you only buy stuff you want (instead of spending for the sake of spending), then a little pittance is a nice bonus.

INTJ

you literally get a quarter in msp.

for your birthday

PRO Member

Some gestures of 'kindness' can come across as insulting. Ever try paying a stripper with pennies?

"What bitch...I'm still paying you!?"
    *thrown out by bouncer*

This effort is so minimal, it's like why even bother. Good for 360 marketplace users, yet as kickback program in general, it's pretty half-assed...maybe quarter-assed...or maybe 2/100th-assed Garsh guys...I'm such an entitled prick

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I just have to subscribe for four birthdays and I'll be able to afford this t-shirt for my avatar

Lvl 4 - Silver

Like how many trophies is 25k gamerscore?

Quote Originally Posted by A random guy on youtube
    If you want to marry a Korean woman, you will have to beat their father in StarCraft first \(-.-\)

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by jooakim View Post
    Like how many trophies is 25k gamerscore?
    1k GS = 1 plat, so it's like platting 25 retail games.

JAE
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Sounds a lot like Gamestop.
    LOL damn right
    The bird of the Hermes is my name, Eat my wings to make me Tame
    Tales of Fantasy VII

Toggle Spoiler

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123