Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Halo 4

This is a discussion on Halo 4 within the Microsoft forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Basic info: Basically in The Reclaimer Trilogy, Master chief Goes to a forerunner world. it is unknown if the Forerunners ...

INTJ

Halo 4

Basic info:

Basically in The Reclaimer Trilogy, Master chief Goes to a forerunner world. it is unknown if the Forerunners are still alive or not in the game, but the UNSC clearly knows about the place and has kept it in secret for a reason. No Covenant or Flood will be in halo 4, but You might have to fight the planet itself to find answers

According to News that came out yesterday, it's taking inspiration from stuff like LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption:
    Halo 4 Creators Draw Inspiration from Recent Games | Halo 4 News

It will also Explain more about master chief that the books/Comics have not told yet:
    Halo 4 Will Explain the Past of Master Chief | Halo 4 News

A Employee Recently hired by 343, Kiki Wolfkill, Who specializes in PC Game Development (Mostly, also does Console Development too but mostly specializes in PC), has been hired for the Halo 4 dev team:
    Halo 4 Hires New Producer | Halo 4 News

The plot to Halo 4 Will be shown in the Anniversary Edition of Halo 1, coming out soon:

Halo 4 Plot and Story to be Revealed | Halo 4 News

Concept art:

343 Industries Recording Sound for the game

Halo 4 Rumor/Fact History List (Spoilers for Previous halo games. Also these videos are ancient and explain how halo 4 exists via the previous 3 games and public info.):

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 6 - Silver

It sounds like interesting stuff

PRO Member

So is Halo 4 a complete reboot for the entire series?

1) They are comparing this game to games that have nothing in common in tone, gameplay, or lore with any previous Halo title. They either have to be lying or they are viewing Halo 4 as a complete reboot, and have no issues alienating current fans in the hopes or creating a new hit.

2) I am not giving 343 the benefit of the doubt on the story angle, I've heard for the last few Halo games that they are supposed to focus more on the story. What ends up happening in every game is MC comes out, has no development, everything is told through exposition, and I'm left wishing the game was about the only interesting character in the entire canon: Cortana.

At the end of the day though, I've always felt this was intentional. Halo games have always been written like Sci-Fi Action movies.

So once again I'm left saying: Are they trying for a complete reboot?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I always love Halo, very good games. I hope four is good, the only game 343 made was Wars, which was an RTS.
    Net doveriya, net poter'.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Stopped liking halo after 2 but i will look into this.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    So is Halo 4 a complete reboot for the entire series?

1) They are comparing this game to games that have nothing in common in tone, gameplay, or lore with any previous Halo title. They either have to be lying or they are viewing Halo 4 as a complete reboot, and have no issues alienating current fans in the hopes or creating a new hit.

2) I am not giving 343 the benefit of the doubt on the story angle, I've heard for the last few Halo games that they are supposed to focus more on the story. What ends up happening in every game is MC comes out, has no development, everything is told through exposition, and I'm left wishing the game was about the only interesting character in the entire canon: Cortana.

At the end of the day though, I've always felt this was intentional. Halo games have always been written like Sci-Fi Action movies.

So once again I'm left saying: Are they trying for a complete reboot?

Story Wise no

gameplay maybe

also cortana will get tons of story time in halo 4

Carpe Diem

God I love Halo. I have it all. Games, books, soundtracks, artbooks, action figures, and the Halo 3 console.

2012 I will only be playing Halo 4. I would be playing Halo now but both consoles are dead. Will get a new console for Halo Anniversary though

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

INTJ

Thanks to sears, we may possibly have a leaked image of halo 4

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/c_10153_1...cs_Televisions

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Thanks to sears, we may possibly have a leaked image of halo 4

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more
    For once I buy this... simply because it has been taken down.

Once again, here is hoping this will be the first quality title from 343... Here is hoping this game isn't garbage like 60% of the previous series.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Pro Predator

INTJ

first look at master chief from halo 4 in form of a figurine.

Compare to the Mark II armor

DAMN YOU FUBAR DIFFICULTY

I can't wait for 343 to show something for H4, Reach sucked to me, I need a new Halo!!
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw
    Next plat : Spec Ops: The Line - 91%

INTJ

quotes from the halo website about the armor change

In Halo 4, we are interested in doing something the franchise does well on the book side, and that's helping shape the narrative. Halo is a compelling and deep universe, and we want to tell the story of this bio-engineered super-soldier.

One of the Master Chief's most notable physical characteristics is that he's wearing 800 pounds of tank and jet fighter. So we pulled that design into the armor and HUD. When you play Halo 4, it's important you understand that you're more than just a gun on the screen. To give you that feeling, we have represented that weight with player physics, without interrupting crosshair and shooting accuracy.
    When we first looked at the Chief's armor, we studied what was done in Reach. We knew he needed to be understood as a nimble yet heavy superhero, and contrast that with Reach armor design that was more on the bulky side. Our goal is to hit that sweet spot where we represent what is fictionally true about the Chief while making sure you feel like you're a super-powerful human being when you're playing him.

Further comments from from senior art director Kenneth Scott go a little deeper:
    A big focus on the Chief's armor was his physicality and putting the player in those mighty shoes. Getting that weight across in the design had us looking at a lot of contemporary military vehicles, and we pushed detail and form into the armor that implied that history. This is the bleeding edge of military technology.

A Spartan tossing his chest plate should feel like an anvil dropping….
    A Spartan sprinting across concrete should be a stealthy whisper….
    Putting on your helmet should feel like powering up an F-15E….
    These are the sorts of experiences we want to give the players.

This sounds exactly like the spartans i read about in the books. I guess they are basing halo 4 alot off the book side of the series which is awesome.

INTJ

oh god the audio director for halo 4 is the same guy who directed audio for MGS2/4

The lead level designer is a guy who was the lead level designer for metroid prime

I want to give all these guys every single cent i have now.

http://imgur.com/a/SG9sB
    Last edited by Ps360; 05-04-2012 at 09:19 PM.

#cutformesa

oh god the audio director for halo 4 is the same guy who directed audio for MGS2/4

The lead level designer is a guy who was the lead level designer for metroid prime

I want to give all these guys every single cent i have now.

Photo Album - Imgur
    No you don't. The multiplayer's not shaping up well:

*Pre-made classes for use in each game built of armor abilities and perks that are unlocked through ranking (including one that lets you see through walls)
    *The removal of weapon spawn points which are instead replaced by random spawns; ie, power weapons will never spawn in the same place
    *No evidence to suggest any kind of armor customization, despite explicit statements otherwise
    *No beta

It hardly sounds like Halo anymore, and unlike the last two big titles there's been no testing or beta for people to find out. The campaign really sounds stellar, but so far the multiplayer seems a lot more like Call of Duty and a lot less like the experience fans have come to know over the past ten years. The campaign has always been fun, but Halo's bread and butter has always been the multiplayer and right now, the details sound troubling.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Halo is the only version I want to get a 360. Looks like I might.

I wonder what it would be like to be a Spartan.

Last L Is A Capital i

so keen for this... will defs pick it up! especially as it will be the last one in the halo series.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    No you don't. The multiplayer's not shaping up well:

*Pre-made classes for use in each game built of armor abilities and perks that are unlocked through ranking (including one that lets you see through walls)
    *The removal of weapon spawn points which are instead replaced by random spawns; ie, power weapons will never spawn in the same place
    *No evidence to suggest any kind of armor customization, despite explicit statements otherwise
    *No beta

already been confirmed that you can turn off all the new stuff. all the new stuff is in it's own section to appease the cod fans while people who like halo can go to the halo side.

There's also now a railgun

Last edited by Ps360; 05-05-2012 at 02:20 PM.

#cutformesa

already been confirmed that you can turn off all the new stuff. all the new stuff is in it's own section to appease the cod fans while people who like halo can go to the halo side.
    That's news to me, although I'm fairly certain what they described was the standard for matchmaking, not just options for custom games. That really is the first time I've ever heard about it being optional, but that's a big relief.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

INTJ

Nah, Halo differs from other FPS's because they they have a massive set of matchmaking playlists that alter settings based on what players want

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast