Results 1 to 20 of 20

Capcom is celebrating Megaman's 25th Anniversary the only way they know how

This is a discussion on Capcom is celebrating Megaman's 25th Anniversary the only way they know how within the Microsoft forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; the Megaman mass suicide is at 5:30pm...

  1. #1
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,592
    Reputation
    298

    Capcom is celebrating Megaman's 25th Anniversary the only way they know how





    the Megaman mass suicide is at 5:30pm



  2. #2
    Saints Row IV
    brAvEhEaRtDC's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Okinawa,Japan
    Posts
    1,616
    Reputation
    33

    Some men want the world BURN!
    Can't wait to see capcom go bankrupt...
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat


    Click on my Signature to check my website




  3. #3
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    605
    Reputation
    31

    You got the hate training rolling down the track at full steam today!!

    So far Capcom has been knocking it out of the park for me this year. Off the Record, Asura's Wrath, RE6, and now DMC is looking good too. The last 2 games I mentioned are a great example of why I'm starting to become ashamed to call myself a gamer. Everyone bithces and moans about RE6 and DMC because too different from the core games and don't deserve their titles, yet a matter of months ago you were all bithcing and moaning about Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed being too similiar to the previous installments. There's just no pleasing anyone anymore. You say Capcom celebrates the only way they know how... I say gamers are responding the only way they know how... by bitching and moaning.

  4. #4
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,024
    Reputation
    340


    Just when you thought they couldn't screw it any more after the Mega Man character in Street Fighter X Tekken... They should just sell the IP to someone who actually likes it.

    Quote Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC View Post
    Can't wait to see capcom go bankrupt...
    Such a shame, for you'll have to wait for a long time.

    Toggle Spoiler


    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  5. #5
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    BALLZ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    950
    Reputation
    127

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    You got the hate training rolling down the track at full steam today!!

    So far Capcom has been knocking it out of the park for me this year. Off the Record, Asura's Wrath, RE6, and now DMC is looking good too. The last 2 games I mentioned are a great example of why I'm starting to become ashamed to call myself a gamer. Everyone bithces and moans about RE6 and DMC because too different from the core games and don't deserve their titles, yet a matter of months ago you were all bithcing and moaning about Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed being too similiar to the previous installments. There's just no pleasing anyone anymore. You say Capcom celebrates the only way they know how... I say gamers are responding the only way they know how... by bitching and moaning.
    +1

    Sig and Avatar By djunglist

    My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

  6. #6
    Korean Girl Group Groupie
    Rubicant81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inevitably, Unattainable
    Posts
    1,417
    Reputation
    151

    Ah hell no, how dare a video game company attempt a low capital venture that caters to fans in some way to commemorate an important date in a franchise's history. The nerve! I bet they're even considering using that money to try to make more games. This company has to be the total incarnation of evil and would never do this for PS3 (like with avatars.) or would offer anything free for fans of the series to show thanks (like Street Fighter X Megaman).

    Capcom should be ashamed of themselves... oh wait... no they should keep on doing what they're doing despite the hate train because even though these out of hand fan boys love to piss on them, they are making a profit, and also attempting to cater to a fan base that will complain no matter what I do.

    This may not be something for everybody, but I am sure that there are people that are enjoying this content - so good for Capcom for making some people happy.

    Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

  7. #7
    Banned


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    the ghetto
    Posts
    1,137
    Reputation
    159

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post

    Just when you thought they couldn't screw it any more after the Mega Man character in Street Fighter X Tekken... They should just sell the IP to someone who actually likes it.



    Such a shame, for you'll have to wait for a long time.

  8. #8
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,592
    Reputation
    298

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    You got the hate training rolling down the track at full steam today!!

    So far Capcom has been knocking it out of the park for me this year. Off the Record, Asura's Wrath, RE6, and now DMC is looking good too. The last 2 games I mentioned are a great example of why I'm starting to become ashamed to call myself a gamer. Everyone bithces and moans about RE6 and DMC because too different from the core games and don't deserve their titles, yet a matter of months ago you were all bithcing and moaning about Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed being too similiar to the previous installments. There's just no pleasing anyone anymore. You say Capcom celebrates the only way they know how... I say gamers are responding the only way they know how... by bitching and moaning.


    Welcome to consumerism.


    We are entitled to bitch about things we don't like because we have the ability to give them money and support them.



    If they want our money, they better listen.



    Capcom Did smart things by releasing new GOOD IP's Like Dragons dogma. Then they shit on their previous customers by doing shit like This, Resident Evil 6, DMC, and Mega man Xover.



    Capcom deserves nothing positive when they do stupid shit that basically says "Fuck you fans".



    Assassins Creed 3 Dropped the Ball, Apparently it's glitchy as shit, The Story ended stupidly compared to the others, and Connor was written like a Boy screaming charles lee's name during sex.


    if it wasn't for a amazing recreation of colonial times that didn't involve the plot i would of hated it.



    Call Of Duty Black ops 2 improved on it's older games, It actually feels like a new game.



  9. #9
    Saints Row IV
    brAvEhEaRtDC's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Okinawa,Japan
    Posts
    1,616
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Welcome to consumerism.


    We are entitled to bitch about things we don't like because we have the ability to give them money and support them.



    If they want our money, they better listen.



    Capcom Did smart things by releasing new GOOD IP's Like Dragons dogma. Then they shit on their previous customers by doing shit like This, Resident Evil 6, DMC, and Mega man Xover.



    Capcom deserves nothing positive when they do stupid shit that basically says "Fuck you fans".



    Assassins Creed 3 Dropped the Ball, Apparently it's glitchy as shit, The Story ended stupidly compared to the others, and Connor was written like a Boy screaming charles lee's name during sex.


    if it wasn't for a amazing recreation of colonial times that didn't involve the plot i would of hated it.



    Call Of Duty Black ops 2 improved on it's older games, It actually feels like a new game.
    +1
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat


    Click on my Signature to check my website




  10. #10
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    605
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Welcome to consumerism.


    We are entitled to bitch about things we don't like because we have the ability to give them money and support them.



    If they want our money, they better listen.



    Capcom Did smart things by releasing new GOOD IP's Like Dragons dogma. Then they shit on their previous customers by doing shit like This, Resident Evil 6, DMC, and Mega man Xover.



    Capcom deserves nothing positive when they do stupid shit that basically says "Fuck you fans".



    Assassins Creed 3 Dropped the Ball, Apparently it's glitchy as shit, The Story ended stupidly compared to the others, and Connor was written like a Boy screaming charles lee's name during sex.


    if it wasn't for a amazing recreation of colonial times that didn't involve the plot i would of hated it.



    Call Of Duty Black ops 2 improved on it's older games, It actually feels like a new game.
    There's nothing there that says "fuck you fans". All I see is them offering something that, as Rubican said, might not be for everyone. And of course, the stereotypical reaction is getting on a forum and thinking for some reason you deserve something more "welcome to consumerism"... welcome to entitlement.

  11. #11
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,592
    Reputation
    298

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    There's nothing there that says "fuck you fans".
    Ok so imagine your favorite game series announces they have a brand new sequel coming out. It's looks amazing in every single way, the community sends the best suggestions to the devs and the devs add them in and the game continues to get better and better in every single way.


    Then suddenly, the creator of that series leaves the developer company, and the publisher shuts down the whole project in response AND another game in the same series that was a MMO. Doesn't matter how close to release it was. How do you think the fans are going to react? they reacted by having a massive facebook campaign and had over 100,000 people join their cause in a few months with the guys who were working on the game supporting the campaign. Still no response from the publisher. the publisher betrayed your trust.



    Then later in another popular series the publisher makes, they unveil that there's a Middle aged Parody of the character that acts like a gigantic fucking idiot who is washed up as a playable character. do you think the fans will be like "Yay the publisher did something great?"


    Then They announced a Mobile iOS Game where it strips the game of it's core gameplay, adds a auto-play feature, and is a gigantic piece of shit.


    To top it all off, They promise something big for the anniversary of the series, you wait in anticipation for the big reveal. it's coming! it's going to be amazing! It's going to redeem everything they did in the past an-


    Nope. Just Avatar props.


    Thats what mega man fans have to go through.



  12. #12
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    percy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    316
    Reputation
    8

    It wouldn't hurt Capcom to at less make HD versions of Megaman Legends 1 & 2 with trophy support and put it on the PSN.

  13. #13
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,592
    Reputation
    298

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    It wouldn't hurt Capcom to at less make HD versions of Megaman Legends 1 & 2 with trophy support and put it on the PSN.
    the only good thing they did so far for the 25th anniversary is put megaman 1-6 on the 3DS Eshop.



  14. #14
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    605
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Ok so imagine your favorite game series announces they have a brand new sequel coming out. It's looks amazing in every single way, the community sends the best suggestions to the devs and the devs add them in and the game continues to get better and better in every single way.


    Then suddenly, the creator of that series leaves the developer company, and the publisher shuts down the whole project in response AND another game in the same series that was a MMO. Doesn't matter how close to release it was. How do you think the fans are going to react? they reacted by having a massive facebook campaign and had over 100,000 people join their cause in a few months with the guys who were working on the game supporting the campaign. Still no response from the publisher. the publisher betrayed your trust.



    Then later in another popular series the publisher makes, they unveil that there's a Middle aged Parody of the character that acts like a gigantic fucking idiot who is washed up as a playable character. do you think the fans will be like "Yay the publisher did something great?"


    Then They announced a Mobile iOS Game where it strips the game of it's core gameplay, adds a auto-play feature, and is a gigantic piece of shit.


    To top it all off, They promise something big for the anniversary of the series, you wait in anticipation for the big reveal. it's coming! it's going to be amazing! It's going to redeem everything they did in the past an-


    Nope. Just Avatar props.


    Thats what mega man fans have to go through.
    Hate to break it to you but fans of Mega Man don't have an exclusive ticket to the shit happens pity party. It's happened in the past with games like The Last Guardian and Star Wars Battlefront 3, and it'll happen again in the future. I personally don't give two shits about facebook campaigns or online petitions. It's easy to sign your name and declare you want something... if you need it that bad then kick up some cash and try and contribute instead of just holding your hand out and expecting. 100,000 names looks a lot better if they all got $10 backing it up.

    Also sounds like the snowball started rolling when the creator stepped down. You lose the guy calling the shots in the first place and of course confidence is going to start to waver. Sometimes another person will step up and put his ass on the line, other times things continue to get worse.

    As for the washed up middle aged parody, you're gonna need to specify. Reason being, I very much suspect it's just another case of people thinking their opinion is undeniable fact.


    There was a time when a huge game would drop once a year, at best. Now it happens twice a month, people need to quit their bitching and take a second to realize just how good we got it these days.

  15. #15
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,024
    Reputation
    340

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Hate to break it to you but fans of Mega Man don't have an exclusive ticket to the shit happens pity party. It's happened in the past with games like The Last Guardian and Star Wars Battlefront 3, and it'll happen again in the future. I personally don't give two shits about facebook campaigns or online petitions. It's easy to sign your name and declare you want something... if you need it that bad then kick up some cash and try and contribute instead of just holding your hand out and expecting. 100,000 names looks a lot better if they all got $10 backing it up.

    Also sounds like the snowball started rolling when the creator stepped down. You lose the guy calling the shots in the first place and of course confidence is going to start to waver. Sometimes another person will step up and put his ass on the line, other times things continue to get worse.

    As for the washed up middle aged parody, you're gonna need to specify. Reason being, I very much suspect it's just another case of people thinking their opinion is undeniable fact.


    There was a time when a huge game would drop once a year, at best. Now it happens twice a month, people need to quit their bitching and take a second to realize just how good we got it these days.
    The Last Guardian? That shit's not cancelled, it's still going according to pretty much everyone. Only thing about it is that a certain headfigure left. Damn, must mean the game is doomed!

    The possibilities of Battlefront 3 being cancelled so close to release are very much slim. Only a moron would cancel a project that's almost done. All the pics and vids they've leaked are beta at best, so don't go believing those 3 guys that said "We were one month away from finishing it!!111", because it's bullshit and they're just hoping to stir shut up.

    Even if all those who backed up the Facebook campaign paid $10, Capcom would most likely laugh in their faces and invest that on another crappy Resident Evil game. Hell, they even asked gamers to help develope the game without offering any sort of monetary compensation, and then dumped the project because "there was not enough interest", even though a shitton of people were helping in the dev rooms.

    It was a parody. Just look at it lol. If you don't believe so because of your "opinion" or something, then you're just happily blinding yourself from reality.

    Big name games don't "drop" every month. If anything, they might push their release date, but they don't just disappear or get canned out of the blue. You shouldn't just bitch at him for bitching at Capcom if you can't even get that straight.

    Toggle Spoiler


    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  16. #16
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    605
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    The Last Guardian? That shit's not cancelled, it's still going according to pretty much everyone. Only thing about it is that a certain headfigure left. Damn, must mean the game is doomed!

    The possibilities of Battlefront 3 being cancelled so close to release are very much slim. Only a moron would cancel a project that's almost done. All the pics and vids they've leaked are beta at best, so don't go believing those 3 guys that said "We were one month away from finishing it!!111", because it's bullshit and they're just hoping to stir shut up.

    Even if all those who backed up the Facebook campaign paid $10, Capcom would most likely laugh in their faces and invest that on another crappy Resident Evil game. Hell, they even asked gamers to help develope the game without offering any sort of monetary compensation, and then dumped the project because "there was not enough interest", even though a shitton of people were helping in the dev rooms.

    It was a parody. Just look at it lol. If you don't believe so because of your "opinion" or something, then you're just happily blinding yourself from reality.

    Big name games don't "drop" every month. If anything, they might push their release date, but they don't just disappear or get canned out of the blue. You shouldn't just bitch at him for bitching at Capcom if you can't even get that straight.
    Okay, this is my 3rd attempt at responding to this and I'm sick of rewriting it just to have the site stop responding and losing it all, so, I'm gonna condence it into a couple bullet points.

    1 - Last Gaurdian, all I know is my pre-order got cancelled and any new info. is hard to come by. If you have any, it'd be awesome if you'd share.

    2 - Battlefront 3 had an audience who were told they were getting a new game. As a result they got excited. Then it was cancelled, it sucks but such is life... just like Mega Man.

    3 - You assume they'd waste it, I assume they wouldn't. Also, "not enough interest" can only be defined by their goals. A shit-ton in your mind obvioulsy isn't the same number that they define the term by.

    4 - Would one of you please answer the question I proposed and tell me what the hell is being talked about with this parody before accusing me of anything.

    5 - You seemed to have misunderstood what I meant when I said drop. Drop = release, as in big games seem to be getting released at a pretty frequent pace in this day and age. That's why we have it so good.

  17. #17
    Lvl 4 - Silver


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    247
    Reputation
    1

    Holy shit this is the funniest thing ever. How does capcom come up with this shit.

    "Jigglypuff is the Finest"

  18. #18
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    StewartBros's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sol-3
    Posts
    1,277
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    4 - Would one of you please answer the question I proposed and tell me what the hell is being talked about with this parody before accusing me of anything.
    I assume the parody is Capcom's inclusion of Megaman in their Street Fighter X Tekken title. At least, it's supposed to be Megaman... though it looks f*ck-all like him...

  19. #19
    Korean Girl Group Groupie
    Rubicant81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inevitably, Unattainable
    Posts
    1,417
    Reputation
    151

    Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    I assume the parody is Capcom's inclusion of Megaman in their Street Fighter X Tekken title. At least, it's supposed to be Megaman... though it looks f*ck-all like him...
    It's a play off the original North American Megaman boxart, which was awful.



    So they trolled everybody for harassing them, by putting a version of that Megaman as he would look 24 years older in the game. It was their way of giving the fans what they asked for (in their own terms). I found it quite hilarious actually, but I guess it's not funny to some people unless it starts on 4chan, or is pro-PC.

    Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

  20. #20
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    605
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    I assume the parody is Capcom's inclusion of Megaman in their Street Fighter X Tekken title. At least, it's supposed to be Megaman... though it looks f*ck-all like him...
    For crap's sake THANK YOU!! I wasn't sure if he was talking about Frank West in Off the Record or something else. Looks like it was something else. I can see how people would miss the joke there. Only us old guys are gonna remember bringing that horrible, HORRIBLE box art home (we also never thought twice about it because hey, it was the '80's).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO