Microsoft exec cautions Sony over PS4 reveal. Ends up making no sense.

This is a discussion on Microsoft exec cautions Sony over PS4 reveal. Ends up making no sense. within the Microsoft forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; PS4 is said to be revealed at Sony’s PlayStation Meeting event on February 20th, but Microsoft exec Jon Grimes has ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Microsoft exec cautions Sony over PS4 reveal. Ends up making no sense.

PS4 is said to be revealed at Sony’s PlayStation Meeting event on February 20th, but Microsoft exec Jon Grimes has stated that the majority of consumers “won’t know” what the reveal is about, claiming that it won’t attract much appeal from the mass demographic.

Speaking with MCV, Grimes said, that the upcoming SOny event will be, “Important for the industry”, but added, “Whatever gets announced on February 20, the majority of UK consumers won’t know.”

He continued, “Our job is not to get lost in the industry chatter, but to ensure that the consumers going into stores, going online, still experience Xbox. The announcement is important for the industry, but it is also important to remember who is buying right now.

Exerting caution over looking too far into the future – and forgetting about current consumers as a result – Grimes added, “What has got us to where we are today is not going to be what gets us through the next ten years. Now we’ve also got to start from scratch when thinking about the future. Driving creativity, whether around marketing, retail or new business models, is key for us.”
    I mean; “Whatever gets announced on February 20, the majority of UK consumers won’t know.” and “Our job is not to get lost in the industry chatter, but to ensure that the consumers going into stores, going online, still experience Xbox.."

So do they think no one is going to report on the reveal of the next gen consoles? That it's just going to be forgotten? Of course people will in the UK will know about it, word of mouth and the BBC news also like to report on consoles...

Lvl 9 - Gold

I cant think of anything else that will happen in the next week gaming wise that could possibly overshadow the full announcement of one of the two major next gen consoles.. I think microsoft are just a bit worried.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Narrow minded talk there, talk of the PS3 was on radio,tv and internet sites on first announcement in the UK. it will be even bigger this time round with social media being so prominent.

Sounds like sour grapes that Sony went first.
    Credit to the awesome ERICVOLTAGE for that. ^

PRO Member

Theres also something called tv ads lol

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Did Mr. Grimes just try to turn Sony's beating them to the punch into the most childish and idiotic rhetoric to ever come out of an exec's mouth (excluding every other phrase from Reggie Fils-Aime, since he's gone "full ******" long ago) and then try to turn this into a "Well we've got 10 years to the future to think about" as if the PS4 is going to be as outdated as... oh a bat shit OS that nobody wants?

Sorry UK - Mr. Grimes believes you still live in the middle ages and without a messenger bringing forth a letter with the King's sigil, you will not find out about such things as "twitter", "facebook", or even this thing called "the internet" unless Microsoft somehow deems it, that our European brethren learn of it on Microsoft's good graces.

---

Between this dipshit, and the rumors of you needing to use kinect in order to access the next XBox, Microsoft is well on their way to looking like the a sore loser, before the next console race has even begun.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO Member

Most likely jealousy... or they are scared

Lvl 6 - Silver

I sense some butthurt @ Microsoft........

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by DETfaninATL View Post
    I sense some butthurt @ Microsoft........
    Poor M$, trailing behind Sony and Nintendo going into the next gen.

Platinum Dohvakiin

So exactly how does one come to believe that the announcement of a next gen console, some how gets over shadowed in the gaming community? I mean seriously unless Aliens Land in Country Capitals around the world; some Dignitary dies or is assassinated; the price of oil drops under $20 a barrel or the world's economy suddenly changes overnight. Not many things over shadows a PS4 announcement in the gaming world. Plus taking this kind of advice from your rival would be even more retarded than him stating it.
    If I were Sony, I'd announce the PS4, E3 be damned, let M$ announce theirs at E. While they are showing off CGI's nonplayable Tech Demos of 'what could be', Sony should have developers gearing up now to have actual playable Demos up and running for E3. So instead of what could be, gamers can actually see and play what is.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Rangers F.C

Would be awesome to have a better console and get it first
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

In his defence he does actually make a valid point. As of October last year, Sony had sold 5 million PS3 consoles in the UK; now ask yourself, how many of those consoles are actually owned by people who would be considered part of any "gaming community"?

Sure, we all know about the forthcoming announcement regarding the PS4 reveal, because gaming is our passion and we spend the time reading the news stories that are associated with it. I would wager however that a good many of those consoles are owend by "casual gamers", families, kids, etc, who have no idea that Sony are going to be announcing a new console next week and wouldn't be very interested even if they did.

The other point he makes is that the PS4 is still "the future"; for those of us in the UK, we are still looking at a year at least until we get access to the new Playstation, even for the day one purchasers, and in that time they still need to make sure owners of the current gen hardware are supported and provided for.

PRO Member

Sony has already made it quite clear that the PS3 is still selling well and have no plans of dropping support for it, as long as a ps3 and a ps4 can both hook on to the PSN network all should be well, those who can't wait can buy there ps4 right away and those who need more time will still be supported with there PS3 I think Sony has done some serious learning from past mistakes.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

And why exactly would sony listen to this a$$ from microsoft. Its just down right pitiful that microsoft is that unprepared. I have been a sony fan since the the first playstation. I will never buy an xbox, ever. And I for one will own a ps4 day 1.

GO SONY!!!!