Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More Xbox One Catastrophe news: Kinect is required, if not connected it won't turn on.

This is a discussion on More Xbox One Catastrophe news: Kinect is required, if not connected it won't turn on. within the Microsoft forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Xbox One Will Not Function Without Kinect Attached - IGN After a Microsoft-hosted London event around the Xbox One reveal, ...

INTJ

More Xbox One Catastrophe news: Kinect is required, if not connected it won't turn on.

Xbox One Will Not Function Without Kinect Attached - IGN

After a Microsoft-hosted London event around the Xbox One reveal, Xbox's UK marketing director Harvey Eagle has said that the console will not function without Kinect connected.

"Kinect does require to be connected to Xbox One in all cases, yes," he said. Asked whether the Xbox One will accommodate people who perhaps play in their bedroom rather than their living room, Eagle replied: "Yes, absolutely. We use the living room almost as a moniker - that's where we assume the best screen is in the house. But if you like to play in any other room in the house, the Xbox One will deliver the same quality of experience whatever the environment."

As anyone who's ever tried to play with Kinect in an enclosed area knows, the current technology simply doesn't support it - which means that Xbox One's new Kinect sensor must be significantly different if it will work in any room in the house.

at least im guaranteed nice voice recognition features in xbox games

Lvl 8 - Gold

...And this is how Sony has won 8th gen...FUCK YEAH!

Inactive

Lmao! That totally sucks for Microsoft, I'm seeing a bad year for them... but we'll see soon.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm a Spanish native speaker but I like my consoles on English, since otherwise the games install in Spanish and that sucks. That would guarantee that I'd have to say those silly voice commands with my awful English accent. And I wonder if they'll have commands for every major language out there, like "¡Xbox, enciéndete!" or "¡Xbox, ver televisión!"

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO Member

My problem with Kinect is that the only place it actually seems to come in handy is in car games with the voice commands like telling the Kinect where you want to go and then have it plot a GPS route for you rather than looking it up on a map ... but this hardly seems like a reasonable reason to make it required to use the Xbox ... I mean the damn thing is (as far as I've seen) pretty goddamn unresponsive

Oh well I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this goes right?

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on: Max Payne 3, Jak 2 GTA V, Dead Space 2 , Dead Space 3

Future projects: Jak 3

DON'T BLINK

And the hits keep rolling! Because we all know how fast Kinect 1.0 flew off the shelves, right?

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Kiwi Defender

Might as well not even include a controller with the console if they're that bent on players only using the Kinect.

Nice touch with the Busgy Malone vid, by the way .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    And the hits keep rolling! Because we all know how fast Kinect 1.0 flew off the shelves, right?
    http://mashable.com/2011/03/09/kinect-10-million/

During the first three months after its launch, this rate was fast enough to earn Kinect the title of "fastest-selling consumer device." According to Guinness World Records, which officially confirmed the record today, Microsoft sold an average of 133,333 units per day between November 4 and January 3.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Do they really think that jumping around with Kinect is how people like to play games nowadays. I like it for Eyetoy type gimmick things for short burst fun but not as a standard way to play

Lvl 6 - Silver

Does the Kinect come with the Xbox or is it a separate purchase, because if its not packaged there really going to have a problem on their hands.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt-Redding View Post
    Does the Kinect come with the Xbox or is it a separate purchase, because if its not packaged there really going to have a problem on their hands.
    comes with xbox.

ADMlNlSTRATOR

I'm skeptical to believe all this garbage about XBOX ONE. There's no way in fucking hell they OK'd all these self-damning decisions.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    I'm a Spanish native speaker but I like my consoles on English, since otherwise the games install in Spanish and that sucks. That would guarantee that I'd have to say those silly voice commands with my awful English accent. And I wonder if they'll have commands for every major language out there, like "¡Xbox, enciéndete!" or "¡Xbox, ver televisión!"
    Jajajaja bien dicho!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I'm skeptical to believe all this garbage about XBOX ONE. There's no way in fucking hell they OK'd all these self-damning decisions.
    I'd be skeptical too, except they did reveal it . Who knows, though, they might take it all back in the following days/weeks?

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I'd be skeptical too, except they did reveal it . Who knows, though, they might take it all back in the following days/weeks?
    Maybe change features which aren't very popular with the public? The reveal could almost just be a kind of PR test to test the waters?

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt-Redding View Post
    Maybe change features which aren't very popular with the public? The reveal could almost just be a kind of PR test to test the waters?
    Maybe it was, seeing how many conflicting comments have been made since then. For example, they confirmed you'll have to pay a fee to install games unto a HDD after the first time, but then someone was denying it on Twitter. Perhaps they'll try to remove all those badly-received features to avoid losing possible consumers.

Toggle Spoiler

Its plugged into the wall

Oh, and in other news. The Kinect microphone will ALWAYS be on, even if the console is off.

Kinect is always listening on Xbox One, but privacy is a 'top priority' for Microsoft | Polygon

I can just see for me an angry kid getting killed in Call of Duty and just screams "Xbox off" shutting down the whole lobby's consoles.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Editor in Chief - Editorials

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    Australia has the same problem. Our accent is distinct, but we're not a large enough market to justify focused development.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Australia has the same problem. Our accent is distinct, but we're not a large enough market to justify focused development.
    Don't forget Ireland and Scotland, and let's not forget how every Spanish-speakign country has a bloody different accent lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Labels

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Oh, and in other news. The Kinect microphone will ALWAYS be on, even if the console is off.

Kinect is always listening on Xbox One, but privacy is a 'top priority' for Microsoft | Polygon

I can just see for me an angry kid getting killed in Call of Duty and just screams "Xbox off" shutting down the whole lobby's consoles.
    So now, if you're at your house talking to someone and you say "The Xbox One fucking sucks" it'll turn on.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast