Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fez 2 Canceled

This is a discussion on Fez 2 Canceled within the Microsoft forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Fez 2 canceled [Update] | Joystiq Development on Fez 2 has ceased. The announcement was made earlier today by a ...

INTJ

Fez 2 Canceled

Fez 2 canceled [Update] | Joystiq

Development on Fez 2 has ceased. The announcement was made earlier today by a tweet on the official Polytron account, which we then corroborated and verified with creator Phil Fish. "It's true," Fish told Joystiq in an email.

Fez 2 was originally announced during last month's E3-concurrent Horizon conference, where it was the surprise, show-ending reveal of the event, following a cavalcade of other new indie developments from different developers. Beyond the fact that it existed, however, and that Fez composer Disasterpiece was also involved in production, nothing specific was known about the project.

Update: The official Polytron Corporation website has been updated with a short, candid message reiterating the game's cancellation.

TL;DR Phil Fish got dissed in a Gametrailers video, he got so angry he told the guy who dissed him to kill himself and quit fez 2. he's getting out of gaming entirely now.

DON'T BLINK

Meh. After I saw him in that movie about Indie games, I realized that he is nothing more than a bag of dicks. Fez isn't the greatest thing he totes it to be and at the rate it took him to get it out, Fez 2 would be another few years.

He claims the other guys are butthurt and then calls him fuckface and tells him to off himself... real mature.

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Meh. After I saw him in that movie about Indie games, I realized that he is nothing more than a bag of dicks. Fez isn't the greatest thing he totes it to be and at the rate it took him to get it out, Fez 2 would be another few years.

He claims the other guys are butthurt and then calls him fuckface and tells him to off himself... real mature.
    he's always been a colossal fag

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    I'd read interviews with him and stuff and gave him the benefit of the doubt, like I said, that movie really did it for me.

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post

yeah i saw that too. didn't think much of his idea anyway, but, i dont really like indie games to begin with so, yeah, fuck him
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

дурак

Saw the Indie Game movie as well, and just...Phil Fish is a pretentious little shithead. Glad to see him go honestly.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Well Phil (whomever you are), if you're not prepared for negative feedback, then you don't have the heart to be in the industry. If you claim it to truly be art, then you'd know that every art has its critics, and some of them are nasty.

Oh well, so long. Your game looked like shit anyway.

Grandmasterpiece

This guy? I don't remember him being more than a pompous jerk. I'm not sorry to see him leaving.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

The Site Mascot

What an assbutt, seriously.

Avater and signature created by my Best Friend and brotha DaRe_xLw
    Aqua's Furry Adventures Through Time and Space.

INTJ

Inactive

This guy doesn't deserve to be apart of the gaming industry if he can't take criticism.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Qurbalicious View Post
    This guy doesn't deserve to be apart of the gaming industry if he can't take criticism.
    especially when he dishes it out like a gigantic ass

Lvl 7 - Gold

What a child lol. This guy is the next Adam Orth.

#hashtag

I think my avy's relevant here.

especially when he dishes it out like a gigantic ass

Yep, likes to criticize but can't take criticism.

A few weeks ago I played Fez, I was always interested in the game from its very early stages years ago.

Sadly its not even all that, its as pretentious as its creator.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Wow,what a d-bag
    He doesn't take criticisms very well.
    Sorry,but if you can't take negative criticism from critics,you shouldn't work there in the first place.
    I never even heard of Fez,much less on Fez 2.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I remember watching Indie Game The Movie and hearing about Fez and this guy. He kinda came off a a pretentious asshole, but I wrote that off as him being stressed out over the many things in the movie. When Fez got released I got it on the 360, played it, and it was mediocre. In reality I expect him sooner or later to come out and say that Fez 2 is uncancelled.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I still stand by the idea that how he acts in person doesn't carry much weight when it comes to what I purchase. As long as it's not completely out of line. I bought FEZ on Steam, and I'm glad I did it. It's a fun game. That's what matters, I'm playing games, not going out to dinner with the guy.

Besides, I can't say I disagree with a lot of what he's said. Gamers are the worst kinds of people, users and critics alike... though at least professional critics are getting paid to do it.

Also, the "kill yourself" comment was a Futurama quote (at least it's very close).

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dreakon View Post
    I still stand by the idea that how he acts in person doesn't carry much weight when it comes to what I purchase. As long as it's not completely out of line. I bought FEZ on Steam, and I'm glad I did it. It's a fun game. That's what matters, I'm playing games, not going out to dinner with the guy.

Besides, I can't say I disagree with a lot of what he's said. Gamers are the worst kinds of people, users and critics alike... though at least professional critics are getting paid to do it.

Also, the "kill yourself" comment was a Futurama quote (at least it's very close).
    By that logic, then you are also one of the worst, right?

Lvl 7 - Gold

The video in the op with the song from To The Moon makes Phil Fish leaving seem to be the saddest news to ever hit the gaming world, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    By that logic, then you are also one of the worst, right?
    Well, it's not like that applies to everybody but it's easy to see why people think that way. Look at the whole fucking ME3 fiasco and with people threatening developers and shit. It's no wonder why people walk away with that impression of us.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

#hashtag

Quote Originally Posted by njdog102 View Post
    Well, it's not like that applies to everybody but it's easy to see why people think that way. Look at the whole fucking ME3 fiasco and with people threatening developers and shit. It's no wonder why people walk away with that impression of us.
    Gamers haven't been the only crowd threatening developers/artists/creators, that stuff has ranged from music to television.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast