Xbox voice commands will not be available in all markets on the product release date.

This is a discussion on Xbox voice commands will not be available in all markets on the product release date. within the Microsoft forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Get the facts - Xbox.com Xbox voice commands will not be available in all markets on the product release date. ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Xbox voice commands will not be available in all markets on the product release date.

Get the facts - Xbox.com

Xbox voice commands will not be available in all markets on the product release date. Voice commands will be available at launch in US, UK, CA, FR, and DE.
    Xbox One Voice Commands will be available in 5 countries at launch - Gamechup | Video Game News, Reviews, Features, Guides

Microsoft has revealed in very fine print that only 5 countries will be having Xbox One Kinect voice commands when the console comes out later this year. There are 13 launch countries and here’s a full list of them.
    In the official Xbox page, if you look closely below at point 6, it reads: “Xbox voice commands will not be available in all markets on the product release date. Voice commands will be available at launch in US, UK, CA, FR, and DE.”
    The countries are United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France and Germany. These countries also seem to be the main markets for Microsoft, and the Xbox 360 particularly has done extremely well in the US and UK.
    We will keep you updated once we hear more on this. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.Thanks, GAF.

Yeah, well, there you go lol. Lets overhype our main feature that doesn't function in less than a half a dozen countries we are releasing it in.

Labels

Woooooooooooooow.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

Lvl 9 - Gold

Xbox don't understand no 'stralyian
    If 5/13 of the release countries don't have support.. there is no reason to not have realeased in the other countries unless of course... supply issues is the only reason.

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Voice commands suck anyway. The current Kinect is always doing dumb shit.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

lmao. , ,they just keep diggin that hole!, u see that coming waysteady, , i know i did!, , , , but then again, when gaikia is up and running, if abott wins our election i doubt thatl work here either!

Fight the Future

It is pretty stupid but not a big deal. If I ever get an Xbone I won't ever use the voice feature and I imagine many others think the same way. When did it become so hard to navigate menus with a controller?

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by nemec8 View Post
    lmao. , ,they just keep diggin that hole!, u see that coming waysteady, , i know i did!, , , , but then again, when gaikia is up and running, if abott wins our election i doubt thatl work here either!
    If Abbot wins then we get 20mbps network eventually - if he doesn't, we could potentially have 100mbps network.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I've said it before, what's the point of having it in the UK?

Toggle Spoiler

The Kinect will just fizzle and explode.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt-Redding View Post

Toggle Spoiler

dat accent tho

Platinum Dohvakiin

Toggle Spoiler

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Lvl 7 - Gold

ANOTHER 180.

Microsoft now plans Xbox One voice control in 10 launch markets | GamesBeat

Yesterday, GamesBeat reported that Microsoft only intended to support Xbox One voice commands through the Kinect 3D camera in five of the 13 markets the consoles is launching in this November. Microsoft revealed today that it is expanding that number.
    Microsoft has informed GamesBeat that it will support Xbox One voice commands in 10 countries.

“Our vision is to bring conversational voice control and voice search to every country where we sell Xbox,” a Microsoft spokesperson told GamesBeat over e-mail. “At Xbox One launch, we will offer voice control in 10 of our 13 launch markets, with eight total languages: English (U.S.), English (U.K.), French, Spanish (Mexico), Spanish (Spain), Italian, German, and Portuguese.”

Read more at Microsoft now plans Xbox One voice control in 10 launch markets | GamesBeat

INTJ

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 9 - Gold

Kinect is always listening ... unless you live in Australia -- then it's only sometimes listening.
    I have a feeling Australia and New Zealand will be two of the launch countries without voice working.

We need some audio from the show Trawlermen to use as an example of Scottish for the kinect to decipher lol.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    I have a feeling Australia and New Zealand will be two of the launch countries without voice working.

We need some audio from the show Trawlermen to use as an example of Scottish for the kinect to decipher lol.
    The kinect 2.0 will need the rosetta stone to decipher some accents across the world lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    hahahahahhahaha. Can't imagine that dude using kinect.