Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Giantbomb - a Hour of Titanfall footage in 1080p 60FPS on Xbox one.

This is a discussion on Giantbomb - a Hour of Titanfall footage in 1080p 60FPS on Xbox one. within the Microsoft forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Unfinished: Titanfall 02/11/2014 - Giant Bomb Jeff Gertsman shows off the tutorial mode for a bit, then shows off actual ...

INTJ

Giantbomb - a Hour of Titanfall footage in 1080p 60FPS on Xbox one.

Unfinished: Titanfall 02/11/2014 - Giant Bomb

Jeff Gertsman shows off the tutorial mode for a bit, then shows off actual gameplay.

This video player is able to pump out 60fps unlike youtube's, so you'll see the difference if you decide to look at the youtube version if your not good at framerates.

The first major next-gen exclusive that isn't a ripoff of defender that does 1080p 60FPS is titanfall apparently.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    ripoff of defender
    rip off of defender?

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    rip off of defender?
    im talkin about resogun

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

The game looks good, but there is something wrong with that last sentence. Apparently the Xbone version currently sits at just under 800p native, so there will still be some up-scaling to 1080p. Still, the PC version will be the one to play if you want the best experience so it barely matters.

Lvl 8 - Gold

im talkin about resogun
    Ahh so you're referring to your "If a game use's/improves upon the concept of another it's a rip off" ideology then. Gotcha.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vettes View Post
    The game looks good, but there is something wrong with that last sentence. Apparently the Xbone version currently sits at just under 800p native, so there will still be some up-scaling to 1080p. Still, the PC version will be the one to play if you want the best experience so it barely matters.
    It says it may increase with final build, so that isn't probably set in stone.

Ahh so you're referring to your "If a game use's/improves upon the concept of another it's a rip off" ideology then. Gotcha.

A arcade-styled game where you fight off aliens with varying abilties while saving people on the ground (that hold onto your ship when you pick them up) and go fast in your spaceship. you can also use a bomb to get rid of nearby enemies.

what game am i describing here

Lvl 8 - Gold

A game where you fight off aliens with varying abilties while saving people on the ground and go fast. you can also use a bomb to get rid of nearby enemies.

Okay let's play by this logic then;

A game where you take part in deathmatches using gigantic mechs, also allowing you to take part outside of said mech?

A game where you take on an enemy force, played from the first person perspective using a wide array of weaponry?

A game where you play on a side scrolling plane jumping on enemies to defeat them/using power ups or weaponry?

A game where you are placed in an open environment allowing you any path to reach end goal?

See, the problem with your logic is, it can be applied to any game ever made and should therefor still be considered a rip off...

INTJ

Okay let's play by this logic then;

A game where you take part in deathmatches using gigantic mechs, also allowing you to take part outside of said mech?

A game where you take on an enemy force, played from the first person perspective using a wide array of weaponry?

A game where you play on a side scrolling plane jumping on enemies to defeat them/using power ups or weaponry?

A game where you are placed in an open environment allowing you any path to reach end goal?

See, the problem with your logic is, it can be applied to any game ever made and should therefor still be considered a rip off...
    except i described more specific things than "u get gun and shoot people what game is dat"

Lvl 8 - Gold

except i described more specific things than "u get gun and shoot people what game is dat"
    Except you didn't...you really didn't.

illegal in 9 countries

A arcade-styled game where you fight off aliens with varying abilties while saving people on the ground (that hold onto your ship when you pick them up) and go fast in your spaceship. you can also use a bomb to get rid of nearby enemies.

Ratchet & Clank?

Felix the Cat

Why does it even matter if Resogun is a "rip off" of another game? Also, Titanfall isn't a current gen exclusive, it will be available on the 360 which is a last generation system. Sure it is a different developer but it is the same game.

So nope, Titanfall isn't the first 1080P, 60FPS current generation game.
    Classic Game Room: 16-bit, 100% Awesome

Thank you Fox for the awesome signature!
    PSN: James_Page | XBL: Mopar Parker | Steam: Pagey the Wind Squid | NN: 1stGenCummins

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    Why does it even matter if Resogun is a "rip off" of another game? Also, Titanfall isn't a current gen exclusive, it will be available on the 360 which is a last generation system. Sure it is a different developer but it is the same game.

So nope, Titanfall isn't the first 1080P, 60FPS current generation game.
    I thought it was Super Mario 3D World .

worlds biggest welch fan

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I thought it was Super Mario 3D World .
    Do the mario swing your arms from side to side

So they say to buy it on the PC instead of Xbox juan and 360.

Just picked up a Ps4 today and Ill use my digital storm PC for Micro/Steam games got it.
    SIG BY ME

FFXIII Plat #35 trophy #5,000 goal reached

Lvl 7 - Gold

Twitch

Plenty of live streams as we speak. Avoid the ones with huge viewers because they dont interact with the chat and play ads every 60 seconds.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    ports by another development team do not count towards this since technically it isn't the actual game.

it's like calling the PC version of minecraft, The mobile version of minecraft, and the Xbox 360 version of minecraft the same, when they arnt at all.

Lvl 7 - Gold

it's like calling the PC version of minecraft, The mobile version of minecraft, and the Xbox 360 version of minecraft the same, when they arnt at all.
    Its the exact same game. The mechanics of the game have not changed in any of the versions.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    Its the exact same game. The mechanics of the game have not changed in any of the versions.
    it's great that i can tell who played all the versions and who didn't by what they say.

Limited map size, is way behind on current patches, branched out into DLC/Skin land on the Xbox versions, etc.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'll get back on track and say that this title looks fun to play. But not fun enough to spend my bandwidth each month on because it's an online only game. It's just stupid that EA couldn't have it both ways so there's an option of playing offline with bots or online against other people and then there's this cloud gaming feature that Microsoft keeps on talking about but how much bandwidth is that going to take up in a month or how about that ridiculous update for Dead Rising 3? I'm thinking that this game will definitely be a huge seller of consoles for Microsoft but if it isn't I would laugh.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    I'll get back on track and say that this title looks fun to play. But not fun enough to spend my bandwidth each month on because it's an online only game. It's just stupid that EA couldn't have it both ways so there's an option of playing offline with bots or online against other people and then there's this cloud gaming feature that Microsoft keeps on talking about but how much bandwidth is that going to take up in a month or how about that ridiculous update for Dead Rising 3? I'm thinking that this game will definitely be a huge seller of consoles for Microsoft but if it isn't I would laugh.
    singleplayer thrown into multiplayer is starting to be the main focus of this generation.

if done right it's a amazing idea, done terribly though it's going to be horrible.

Writing Things

I really don't see anything special about Titanfall, i don't see a fresh, innovative, jaw dropping game as the hype suggests i see a clip show of games like Blacklight, Killzone, COD and Unreal Tournament. Sure it will probably be good fun, just not this huge game changer journo's are dribbling profusely about.
    Evolve sounds far more innovative and frankly looks better already, apples and oranges in play style they may be but both are multiplayer based titles with faux-singleplayer infusions so the comparison is valid enough.

Sig by DaRe_xLw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast