Microsoft Re-Releasing all Halos (except ODST/Reach) to Xbox one in one Massive Halo Collection

This is a discussion on Microsoft Re-Releasing all Halos (except ODST/Reach) to Xbox one in one Massive Halo Collection within the Microsoft forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to Xbox One this year, collects Halos 1-4 Master Chief is getting a facelift ...

INTJ

Microsoft Re-Releasing all Halos (except ODST/Reach) to Xbox one in one Massive Halo Collection

Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to Xbox One this year, collects Halos 1-4

Master Chief is getting a facelift with an HD collection of his exploits. We've learned that Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 are being collected in a Master Chief-focused HD remaster coming from Microsoft. Our sources say that the set will zero in on Halo's most famous soldier to refresh audience's memories ahead of Halo 5's release, so curiosities like Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach likely won't be a part of the package. The game's developer is unknown at this point, but considering that Saber Interactive handled Combat Evolved Anniversary and is also working on an unannounced Xbox One project, the team is a likely suspect. Also unclear are plans for digital distribution, resolution and frame-rate (Microsoft bragged that that the next Halo will run at a "blistering" 60fps), piecemeal releases, or if the games will surface on other platforms as well (PC, anyone?).

Microsoft has gone on record saying that it would love to have Halo release more than once every three years. It's used different developers to fill that task since, but we're still pushing two years since Halo 4 launched. To commemorate the first game's 10th birthday, Microsoft released Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for the Xbox 360, which served as a stop-gap for the 343 Industries-developed Halo 4; there's precedent for this sort of thing. This remake makes a lot of sense for Redmond for a couple of different reasons: it satisfies the more-frequent release desire and it helps fans get caught up on the story. It also gives them the chance to re-experience some of the best console shooters with better looks and sound -- everyone wins!

We reached out for official word from Microsoft and are waiting to hear back, but we're not expecting much beyond the usual, "We don't comment on rumors or speculation."

so now the only reason i play my 360 now is for GTA V

woopie

Fight the Future

Too bad Halo 2 and 3 were garbage. The only Halo games I enjoyed were Combat Evolved, Reach and ODST.

illegal in 9 countries

Oh great..now we get to play Master Chief in full 720p glory

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Kiwi Defender

That's nice, but I'm not buying an Xbox One just to play games they released already, not to mention I really liked Reach above many of the others and it isn't being included.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    Too bad Halo 2 and 3 were garbage. The only Halo games I enjoyed were Combat Evolved, Reach and ODST.
    I think Combat Evolved was garbage, same as 3. The first one's only redeemable factor is it is the first. The gameplay's nothing special and the story's a big pile of shite full of clichés and over-used sci-fi tropes.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

News Team

Reach should be included simply due to it being a very long intro to Combat Evolved Not that it matters, seeing as I don't own an Xbone and likely won't for another few years.

Toggle Spoiler

The only sane person here

Sounds tempting but the only Halo game I've ever played was Combat Evolved on PC.

The Grand Ray Legend

Wow!, this is good if you haven't played any Halo game and you wanna jump in the action

I can't believe they are remastering Halo 2, I've been waiting for it since the 360 came out!
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    That's nice, but I'm not buying an Xbox One just to play games they released already, not to mention I really liked Reach above many of the others and it isn't being included.

I think Combat Evolved was garbage, same as 3. The first one's only redeemable factor is it is the first. The gameplay's nothing special and the story's a big pile of shite full of clichés and over-used sci-fi tropes.

The story isn't anything that special but the gameplay was definitely great for its time and I think it still holds up well today. You can't say that about most shooters from the 6th gen consoles. The music in CE was the best in the series too, in my opinion.